[SIGN UPS CLOSED] FANIME SPEED DATING 2011- OFFICIAL THREAD!!

Started by yaki-ika, May 19, 2011, 12:21:23 AM

yaki-ika

Quote from: mryekcim on May 20, 2011, 07:01:11 PM
I sent an email but i forgot to put i wanted a Friday date because i could not go Saturday. What do i do?

Sorry, but you need to read the ENTIRE POST like I requested. I specifically stated that you needed to put the date you need in additional information if it pertained to you. I won't be accepting changes any more.

RadicalEdward

"This speed dating event will be for boys meeting girls and vice versa."

FAIL.

Where's the love for non-straight peeps?

I was so looking forward to this event too.

Kiara

I'd like to call bullshit on something, because I'm a little upset. You are saying that we can not send you a second e-mail requesting a specific day, BUT on the information page on the actual website, it does not say that we have to tell you which day we would prefer in our e-mail. So, that's not fair that the one extra line on the forum (Which isn't always read) isn't on the main info page. The only thing it asks us to add into the notes is if we have an alternative way we'd like to be contacted. I, for one, have to be selling at the swap meet on friday, and I don't think it's fair that just because the line about adding which day we wanted to the notes was missing form the website, that I can not send an e-mail about the day. That's just my two cents. The info here on the forums, and on the webiste, should be the same, or else it isn't not fair.

Cosplayer/Photographer in the East Bay.

Naota21t

Just sent my registration email for this. I love speed dating, its so much fun.

Roguemagus

Had to resend my e-mail because I accidentally used the one from last year. I hope this doesn't hurt my chances!

yaki-ika

Quote from: RadicalEdward on May 21, 2011, 04:43:28 AM

FAIL.

I apologize for this. The speed dating event was something that was decided by FanimeCon last minute, and planning it in such a short time was a little bit difficult. Next year, I will do my best to create a separate speed dating event for gays and lesbians. Please know that I 110% support a gay/lesbian speed-dating idea, and I really want it to happen. You're absolutely right: non-straight people need love, too!

yaki-ika

I'm glad people are so excited for this event!!

yaki-ika

Quote from: Kiara on May 21, 2011, 09:58:23 AM
I'd like to call bullshit on something, because I'm a little upset. You are saying that we can not send you a second e-mail requesting a specific day, BUT on the information page on the actual website, it does not say that we have to tell you which day we would prefer in our e-mail. So, that's not fair that the one extra line on the forum (Which isn't always read) isn't on the main info page. The only thing it asks us to add into the notes is if we have an alternative way we'd like to be contacted. I, for one, have to be selling at the swap meet on friday, and I don't think it's fair that just because the line about adding which day we wanted to the notes was missing form the website, that I can not send an e-mail about the day. That's just my two cents. The info here on the forums, and on the webiste, should be the same, or else it isn't not fair.

Oh no, I completely apologize for the difference in information! I was not aware that the website information was different than the forum information. I will go ahead and tell the web team right away to change the information. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

DaKree~

Quote from: RadicalEdward on May 21, 2011, 04:43:28 AM

FAIL.

I second this. Sakura-con did have one, and it went pretty well. Even though I came to the conclusion that a NW man probably just isn't the right thing for me, I still got to talk with a lot of nice people. XD

Roguemagus

For some reason I got two e-mails, one saying I was registered and another saying I was on the wait list.

Was the same thing sent to everyone on the wait list? Or did I accidentally apply twice (because I sent another e-mail after the address changed)?

yaki-ika

Quote from: Roguemagus on May 22, 2011, 10:50:49 AM
For some reason I got two e-mails, one saying I was registered and another saying I was on the wait list.

Was the same thing sent to everyone on the wait list? Or did I accidentally apply twice (because I sent another e-mail after the address changed)?

If you got two emails, you probably applied twice. But if you got the registered email, that means that you're in :)

renalcul

E-mails were sent out already? D:

I didn't get any confirmation emails :(

and i sent them to both the speed-dating emails that the website provided.

abcbadcat

My best friend and I signed up and both got wait-list emails.

You can still hang out for the wait list and talk to people there so all hope is not lost folks!

Lan Moore

Quote from: renalcul on May 22, 2011, 12:37:08 PM

I haven't gotten a confirmation either but I only sent it to the email that was provided first.
[email protected]

yaki-ika

I sent out the confirmation emails early this morning. If you applied sometime after 8 this morning, you did not get an email because I did not add your email to the waiting list yet. Assume that if you did not get an email, you are on the waiting list. If you did not get an email and you sent it earlier than today (May 22nd), please email me again.

yaki-ika

Quote from: Lan Moore on May 22, 2011, 03:32:40 PM

I haven't gotten a confirmation either but I only sent it to the email that was provided first.
[email protected]

That email address forwards everything to [email protected]. Everything goes to the gmail account. If you sent it to the fanime account or the gmail account, I got it. If you did not get a confirmation, you probably sent your application email today sometime after 8 am. Please assume you are on the waiting list. If you sent it before 8 am today, please email me again.

renalcul

Quote from: yaki-ika on May 22, 2011, 05:15:49 PM

I sent out the confirmation emails early this morning. If you applied sometime after 8 this morning, you did not get an email because I did not add your email to the waiting list yet. Assume that if you did not get an email, you are on the waiting list. If you did not get an email and you sent it earlier than today (May 22nd), please email me again.

I sent out my application back on the 19th to both emails that were provided on the website.

I forwarded it again to you though.

Lan Moore

I sent my email on the 19th, I still have it in my sent box. where should I email you if I did not receive confirmation?
Edit:
Oh I found it, it got sent to junk and since it appeared as a name and not as Fanime or Fani I did not notice it.

lonemeditater

I'm me and I exist...

princesskitty18

Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/