FanimeCon Schedule Data

Started by sysadmin, May 20, 2011, 11:04:08 PM

sysadmin

Hi all,

This is for programmers.

Are you a fancy application developer for either the iPhone or Android or something else?

FanimeCon will be releasing its schedule data in XML form, suitable for parsing in your favorite convention application.
If you're interested in getting access to this, please email me at [email protected] with the subject line I would like XML data, please

This data will be available when the official FanimeCon schedule goes to print.

Please note that Fanime will have its official Web schedule, official Print schedule, and official mobile site.
All other convention applications are considered "unofficial".
(Sorry, we ran out of time to create our own apps this season)

We will also maintain an XML feed of at-con schedule changes, available in happy RSS form.

Anyway, for quick coders, have at it.   Maybe create a thread for your own unofficial convention schedule applications.

Best,
sysadmin

Kertus

It would be interesting if for Fanime 2012 there was an official fanime 'app' lol

We do live in Silicon Valley :P    but yeah, don't expect one, just a cool idea
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

M

Quote from: Kertus on May 22, 2011, 11:18:40 PM
It would be interesting if for Fanime 2012 there was an official fanime 'app' lol

We do live in Silicon Valley :P    but yeah, don't expect one, just a cool idea
This is actually on the list of "stuff we really want to do" and has been on the list since 2010. ;) The problem is more that we don't have anyone on staff that (currently) has time to actually make, test, deploy it.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

OscarC

Thank you for making this data available! ConDroyd, my unofficial Fanime 2011 convention schedule app for Android is now available for free in the Android Market. Seach the Market for "ConDroyd" or see www.condroyd.com for more info.

Kuudere

Quote from: OscarC on May 26, 2011, 12:06:34 PM
Thank you for making this data available! ConDroyd, my unofficial Fanime 2011 convention schedule app for Android is now available for free in the Android Market. Seach the Market for "ConDroyd" or see www.condroyd.com for more info.

I just downloaded it, and it's pretty nifty. I'll be interested in testing out the alarm feature.

AntiVonn

Himeno

So..... Where is this "official Print schedule"??? >:(

Kuudere

I have to thank OscarC again. He saved my Fanime with the app. I was pretty terrible at keeping the times for things right, but the alarm feature worked perfectly to let me know I had to be somewhere in ten minutes. Without a printed schedule, it was pretty much all we had to go by.

The only thing I'd have liked to see added was maybe another section for the list and times of the gatherings.