Guest of Honor (gift?)

Started by xerobjd, May 25, 2011, 11:46:28 PM

xerobjd

Well... I was really wondering if this was allowed, like can we draw a picture for one of the guest of honor and give it to them as a gift?
Also have another one for him to autograph which I will keep for myself? Er... how does autographing work in Fanime anyway?? LOL

SukieNeko

To add to this, I'd like to know what kind of these we should bring for the guests of honors to sign. I'm mainly interested in meeting Tohru Furuya. Are Shikishi acceptable and are they sold at Fanime? I've only recently heard of them, but they seem like a great thing to have a guest sign.

cutiebunny

Last year, shikishi boards were allowed.  However, no one sold them at Fanime last year, so, you had to bring your own.  At previous conventions I've attended, the usual shikishi carrier was Kinokuniya, but, the are not listed as a dealer at Fanime this year.

I would imagine that shikishi boards would be permitted again this year.

Regarding gifts, last year, they were allowed.  Sometimes you could hand them to the guest and other times there was a box that you had to put them into.  I would say that the gift policy depends on the guest and the staffer handling the autograph/panel should let you know about the gift policy at that time.

GokuMew2

Feel free to bring your own items for guests to sign, as long as they are not bootlegged material.

For gifts, we haven't decided yet but try bringing it to the autograph session and telling one of the staffers you have a gift you would like to give to the guest. I can't say either way at the moment if you will be able to personally hand it to them or not, but just ask on the day.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests