Fanime Room Keys

Started by Kyra_Maverick, May 26, 2011, 03:29:33 PM

Kyra_Maverick

The Hilton has special Fanime themed room keys! I'll have to take pictures of them for everyone to see.

Any other hotels doing this?

heeroyuy135

I checked into the Marriott, they gave me one limited edition key and the rest regular keys
I also checked into the Fairmont, they gave me all limited edition keys
The only problem is that I can't tell which keys are for which, they should at least had the hotel's logo on those keys

FanFicGuru

Awesome! When i check into the Fairmont tomorrow I"ll have to check them out. Haha.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

obliviousedward

Dude, sweet! 8D

*crosses fingers that the Crowne Plaza is in on this awesomeness*
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

PunkDrunker

The Sainte Claire has the special Fanime-themed keys as well :D

Alyxiane

I stayed at the Fairmont and the keys are so cute!! I'm keeping it as a little souvenir. :D
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Mr Anime

When I checked out of the Fairmont this morning, the lady at the desk told me I could keep it.  :)
I'm the best at what I do. And what I do isn't very nice.

Mi Feng

The Double Tree had those keys too!

PLUMPKIN

I stayed at the Ramada and got 2 keys!  One had a pic that matched my roommate's badge!  Pretty nifty.

Batty

I was staying at the Crowne. We had them too. Have they ever done that before? It was pretty cool. :D
"Everyone's gonna die. It's a natural part of life. But if life has no purpose, you're dead already."
-Kiba

otakuya

I didn't stay in a room this year, but now I'd want one of those keys too! And yes, Fanime never done that before. (The pre-reg badges were cards too, rather than laminated pictures)

AbsolutelyCursed

Got to keep my room keys from the St. Claire. Total Awesomeness!!!!

Himeno

Cards like that are cheap. Even cheaper in bulk. Fanime no doubt just got several thousand magnetic swipe cards printed when they got the pre reg and staff badges printed, then handed the blank cards out to the hotels Fanime had contracts with.

eHash

at the st. claire, i got normal larkspur keys and special fanime keys...i was bummed that the fanime keys didn't work

Tsu

Quote from: eHash on May 31, 2011, 08:55:41 PM
at the st. claire, i got normal larkspur keys and special fanime keys...i was bummed that the fanime keys didn't work

o.O Weird, we just got fanime keys, no larkspur keys, and they worked fine. I wonder what happened? 

Though at checkout they did mention they had extras left over that they were giving away. Maybe some of them didn't work...
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

Melly

i had about 4 friends staying at the crowne plaza and ALL FOUR of there fanime keys didnt work. they had to fix them like 3 times :(! but they did have them

Moonblossom

We were at the Hilton and one of our keys worked perfectly, but the other had to be inserted three or four times to get it to read properly. It wasn't a huge hassle, but at three in the morning it got a bit tiresome.

When I checked out, I put the keycards on the counter and the woman just smiled and pushed them back to me and said "What are we going to do with these? You keep them as a souvenir." It made me chuckle.

Sen

This is the first year Fanime did the souvenir hotel keys. I believe there were 5 images. All of this is courtesy of the Marketing Division.  :)
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

M

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on May 26, 2011, 03:49:01 PM
I checked into the Marriott, they gave me one limited edition key and the rest regular keys
I also checked into the Fairmont, they gave me all limited edition keys
The only problem is that I can't tell which keys are for which, they should at least had the hotel's logo on those keys
That's weird. Each hotel was supposed to give out the FanimeCon keys during check in and normal keys after that (for reprints, etc.). :(

I'm not sure that not having the hotel logo on the keys would have been a major issue since I don't think many people have access to multiple hotel rooms. I know that I was given a key or two to other staff members hotel rooms and I just marked the keycard appropriately.

Quote from: Himeno on May 31, 2011, 07:03:47 PM
Cards like that are cheap. Even cheaper in bulk. Fanime no doubt just got several thousand magnetic swipe cards printed when they got the pre reg and staff badges printed, then handed the blank cards out to the hotels Fanime had contracts with.
These hotel key cards were printed independently of the Pre-Reg and Staff badges. :)

Quote from: Sen on June 01, 2011, 02:00:57 PM
This is the first year Fanime did the souvenir hotel keys. I believe there were 5 images. All of this is courtesy of the Marketing Division.  :)
5 total images with 2 different sizes (one for Hilton, one for the rest).

Also, I'm glad that we were able to bring this to you folks (the members). I was really excited when I first got the proof and it was a really nice surprise that not most of our staff didn't know about. ;) Will this happen next year? Maybe. XD
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Alyxiane

Quote from: MPLe on June 01, 2011, 11:30:23 PM
Also, I'm glad that we were able to bring this to you folks (the members). I was really excited when I first got the proof and it was a really nice surprise that not most of our staff didn't know about. ;) Will this happen next year? Maybe. XD
Oh do please let this happen again for next year! It's a nifty idea that I want to see again. :D
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧