Ghillie Suits at Fanime

Started by Namu Dragon, May 29, 2011, 08:20:23 PM

Do you think Ghillies should be banned at future Fanimes?

Yes
3 (13%)
No
13 (56.5%)
It doesn't matter
3 (13%)
What will the bushmen do from now on?
4 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Namu Dragon

So according to the new rules, Modern Military and Modern Paramilitary costumes are forbidden. I asked around during my time at Fanime 2011, and I discovered that this was because there were some people dressed as military personnel, and acting as if they had authority. I was just wondering whether ghillie suits that are obviously not military grade fit into this category. I had worn my ghillie suit for the duration of my stay, and have not encountered a single problem with the Rovers. I had even asked the Rovers myself about this rule, and they told me that ghillie suits were discouraged, but not banned. This concerns me very much due to the fact that my friends and I were planning to wear ghillie suits to Fanime 2012.

In my personal opinion, modern military personnel would not be seen in public wearing a ghillie suit, so there really would be no confusion between a civilian and military personnel. Can anyone help me?

Dagger-6

The no-military thing was sprung on us at the last second, so hopefully they can work something out that will allow things like that at Fanime.

Okach

Considering a ghillie suit is also (and originally) used by hunters it shouldn't be banned in and of itself.  Whether someone trying to fake snipe someone at FanimeCon while wearing it, well...
Staff Instructor since 2010. 
Staff Marketing Lead since 2018
Staff Marketing Second

https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Aelia

It's under discussion, and we'll update everyone as soon as we've  come up with official policy for 2012. I don't see an issue with them.
Director of Operations

Namu Dragon

Quote from: Aelia on June 11, 2011, 12:56:21 AM
It's under discussion, and we'll update everyone as soon as we've  come up with official policy for 2012. I don't see an issue with them.

Okie Dokie! Tyvm!    :D

Admiral Donuts

This is the only thread I can find on the matter, so I may as well ask it here-can you wear your military uniform if you're actually in the military?

Really, it's the only formal thing I own. And it's black and white.

PassingTheBuck

If you own a black and white ghillie suit and want to go to the Black and White Ball... Okay, but it's a little wierd...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Hachimitsu

I swear to god, if they banned the guilli suit deal..
then I wont meat the one cosplayer who walks around with a bunch of flyers wraped around himself while wearing a chinese hat..
I love that cosplayer!....
don't know who he/she is but that is the best outfit I love everytime i go to the convention!