Hotel Prices for 2011

Started by acostory, May 30, 2011, 10:11:35 PM

acostory

My group of friends and I are planning on getting a room for next year. At the best non-con rate, it would be 200$ a night for 4 nights, which is expensive. So what were the rates for during the convention? We were looking at the Fairmont, but whichever is the cheapest and the best deal would work.

Thank you!

Pengin-san

I stayed at the Fairmont with three other friends this year and it was just amazing.  I think I might even prefer it over the Marriott!  The total bill came out to be $310!  So that's $78 per person for the whole weekend (three nights, $26 per night).  By far an amazing deal, and I highly recommend it.
I'm hosting a panel this year!  Come check out Visual Kei: More Than Music!  It will be filled with fun, glamor, and sheer awesome music!

renalcul

Hilton was about 115 a night

chifunii

Quote from: Pengin-san on May 30, 2011, 10:21:23 PM
I stayed at the Fairmont with three other friends this year and it was just amazing.  I think I might even prefer it over the Marriott!  The total bill came out to be $310!  So that's $78 per person for the whole weekend (three nights, $26 per night).  By far an amazing deal, and I highly recommend it.

What size room was it? And did you stay from Friday to Monday? Does it make a difference (as opposed to Thurs --> Sun)? It sounds like a really great deal though, that's amazing! I'm definitely going to the Fairmont next year, if I'm getting a hotel room. :)
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

FanFicGuru

Quote from: chifunii on May 30, 2011, 10:40:20 PM

What size room was it? And did you stay from Friday to Monday? Does it make a difference (as opposed to Thurs --> Sun)? It sounds like a really great deal though, that's amazing! I'm definitely going to the Fairmont next year, if I'm getting a hotel room. :)

Our room was a corner room but I Think most of them were roughly the same size: huge. Hahaha. Fairmont's great. Elevators aren't really a zoo (except for check out day), rooms and beds are really nice and it's generally a quieter and more peaceful setting. :)
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

AntiVonn

Quote from: renalcul on May 30, 2011, 10:27:47 PM
Hilton was about 115 a night

But after all the taxes and fees the "$115 a night" rate at the Hilton came to about $410 for three nights.

Pengin-san

I stayed at the Fairmont with three other friends this year and it was just amazing.  I think I might even prefer it over the Marriott!  The total bill came out to be $310!  So that's $78 per person for the whole weekend (three nights, $26 per night).  By far an amazing deal, and I highly recommend it.

It was a spacious room, that's all I know XD!  It had two full beds, but I could have sworn they were going to be queens.  I guess that was the only downfall.  Not that big of a deal, because you can still fit two people on them just fine.  We stayed Friday night to Monday morning, so three nights.  And I totally agree with FanFicGuru!  The elevators were awesome!  That might have been because I was on the 18th floor, but I had no trouble whatsoever.  Honestly, with the elevators at the Marriott, it was faster to just walk to the Fairmont.

Edit: And by spacious, I mean with four people, we still had enough room to roll around on the floor laughing.  The bathroom was huge, and had a shower stall and bath tub.  The toilet had its own door, so you could brush your teeth while someone was in there.  The room had an awesome vanity, which made putting on makeup super easy, and the closet fit all of our coats and cosplays with room to spare.  Not to mention, the hotel itself actually looked pretty.  AND, although I'm not the biggest fan of Yuya Matsushita, we saw him and his crew chilling at the restaurant there.  It was a nice experience.
I'm hosting a panel this year!  Come check out Visual Kei: More Than Music!  It will be filled with fun, glamor, and sheer awesome music!

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Pengin-san on May 31, 2011, 09:23:32 AM
I stayed at the Fairmont with three other friends this year and it was just amazing.  I think I might even prefer it over the Marriott!  The total bill came out to be $310!  So that's $78 per person for the whole weekend (three nights, $26 per night).  By far an amazing deal, and I highly recommend it.

It was a spacious room, that's all I know XD!  It had two full beds, but I could have sworn they were going to be queens.  I guess that was the only downfall.  Not that big of a deal, because you can still fit two people on them just fine.  We stayed Friday night to Monday morning, so three nights.  And I totally agree with FanFicGuru!  The elevators were awesome!  That might have been because I was on the 18th floor, but I had no trouble whatsoever.  Honestly, with the hotels at the Marriott, it was faster to just walk to the Fairmont.

Edit: And by spacious, I mean with four people, we still had enough room to roll around on the floor laughing.  The bathroom was huge, and had a shower stall and bath tub.  The toilet had its own door, so you could brush your teeth while someone was in there.  The room had an awesome vanity, which made putting on makeup super easy, and the closet fit all of our coats and cosplays with room to spare.  Not to mention, the hotel itself actually looked pretty.  AND, although I'm not the biggest fan of Yuya Matsushita, we saw him and his crew chilling at the restaurant there.  It was a nice experience.

HAHAHA. Love that part. But yeah the bathroom was gigantic! The separate door for the toilet was a great idea for maximum efficiency. :)
Swap meet staff - 2014

Pengin-san

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 31, 2011, 09:49:04 AM
Quote from: Pengin-san on May 31, 2011, 09:23:32 AM

It was a spacious room, that's all I know XD!  It had two full beds, but I could have sworn they were going to be queens.  I guess that was the only downfall.  Not that big of a deal, because you can still fit two people on them just fine.  We stayed Friday night to Monday morning, so three nights.  And I totally agree with FanFicGuru!  The elevators were awesome!  That might have been because I was on the 18th floor, but I had no trouble whatsoever.  Honestly, with the *elevators at the Marriott, it was faster to just walk to the Fairmont.

Edit: And by spacious, I mean with four people, we still had enough room to roll around on the floor laughing.  The bathroom was huge, and had a shower stall and bath tub.  The toilet had its own door, so you could brush your teeth while someone was in there.  The room had an awesome vanity, which made putting on makeup super easy, and the closet fit all of our coats and cosplays with room to spare.  Not to mention, the hotel itself actually looked pretty.  AND, although I'm not the biggest fan of Yuya Matsushita, we saw him and his crew chilling at the restaurant there.  It was a nice experience.

HAHAHA. Love that part. But yeah the bathroom was gigantic! The separate door for the toilet was a great idea for maximum efficiency. :)

*Elevators!!  Ahaha, my Freudian slips.  It seriously helped having that with four girls in one room.  I think I will actually book at the Fairmont next year in preference over the Marriott.

chifunii

^I can imagine the chaos with the elevators, and with higher floors, it's impossible to climb up XX flights of stairs (esp. if cosplaying).
I dropped my things off in a friend's room at the Fairmont and DID SEE THE BATHROOM. The separate door was wildly efficient. xD

Plus, the Fairmont is just that much nicer looking than the other hotels in the area. AND IT'S NEAR A STARBUCKS ;] The walk's not going to kill you, though there is one crosswalk between the con center and the hotel that has a timer that just goes wayy too fast...
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

FanFicGuru

Quote from: chifunii on June 01, 2011, 06:55:49 PM
^I can imagine the chaos with the elevators, and with higher floors, it's impossible to climb up XX flights of stairs (esp. if cosplaying).
I dropped my things off in a friend's room at the Fairmont and DID SEE THE BATHROOM. The separate door was wildly efficient. xD

Plus, the Fairmont is just that much nicer looking than the other hotels in the area. AND IT'S NEAR A STARBUCKS ;] The walk's not going to kill you, though there is one crosswalk between the con center and the hotel that has a timer that just goes wayy too fast...

Seriously the walk to the fairmont is like nothing. Honestly as pointed out above, you could walk to the fairmont and get to your room faster than waiting for an elevator at the marriott, lol.

Oh and the bar at the Fairmont is awesome. If you're 21+ and can enjoy that sort of thing.
Swap meet staff - 2014

Himeno

Quote from: FanFicGuru on June 01, 2011, 10:14:04 PM
Seriously the walk to the fairmont is like nothing. Honestly as pointed out above, you could walk to the fairmont and get to your room faster than waiting for an elevator at the marriott, lol.
Or you just use the stairs. I never had a problem going down at the Marriott (except on Monday when everyone was checking out). Only up, and only between 1000 and 1400 and 1600-1900.