An Intro to Memes Feedback

Started by Armored-Heart, May 31, 2011, 03:19:27 PM

Armored-Heart

Hi everyone! I was one of the co-hosts of the Intro to Memes panel this year (the one cosplaying as diva!Miku). My friend/co-host and I were really surprised at the turnout, as we had expected things to go badly and for only out friends to show up. xD So a huge thank you to all of you who attended! This was our first panel ever and we didn't really have time to rehearse, and due to the one hour time slot we couldn't cover all of the memes that we wanted to. Those issues aside, things went far better than we'd hoped (it looked like a lot of you were having fun!) and now I feel that it's time for some feedback!

So! What did you guys like and dislike? If we do An Intro to Memes 2.0 next year, what would you guys suggest?

At the moment we're thinking it would be fun to perhaps expand to a two hour time slot, cover some more obscure and/or recent memes, but keep some of the memes we covered this year (particularly the classic ones such as Rick Roll; that sing-a-long was great! haha). But any input and feedback is greatly appreciated!
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

HunterZero

I took great exception to the Narwals video saying they could prevent Cthulhu from eating you. Utter nonsense.

That aside, your panel was amusing. My main suggestion is that you trim any external media (videos from youtube, etc) that you're going to show, so we don't have to sit through all of it. That'll allow you to get through more memes in your time period.

As for the two hour slot, I strongly urge you to carefully consider that idea. The problem with two hours is that it can end up dragging on and stops being entertaining. That doesn't mean it cannot be done, but it'll take a lot more effort.
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Armored-Heart

Quote from: HunterZero on May 31, 2011, 04:51:18 PM
I took great exception to the Narwals video saying they could prevent Cthulhu from eating you. Utter nonsense.

That aside, your panel was amusing. My main suggestion is that you trim any external media (videos from youtube, etc) that you're going to show, so we don't have to sit through all of it. That'll allow you to get through more memes in your time period.

As for the two hour slot, I strongly urge you to carefully consider that idea. The problem with two hours is that it can end up dragging on and stops being entertaining. That doesn't mean it cannot be done, but it'll take a lot more effort.

We actually did trim most of our videos. ^^; I will admit some of them probably could've used a bit of extra trimming, though.

I also agree that expanding to a two hour slot does require plenty of care; perhaps maybe 90 minutes would be a bit better to work with, but I suppose my co-host and I would cross that bridge as we come to it, should we decide to host it again next year. :3

Thank you very much for your input! <3
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!