Anime expo road trip for kalafina!!

Started by Kzuna, May 31, 2011, 10:10:14 PM

Kzuna

Hey guys i live in the bay area and I'm planning a road trip down to LA for the Kalafina concert and signing during anime expo, which is coming up during July 4th weekend. I'm a total noob to cons and last fanime was my first convention, but i do NOT want to miss this opportunity to see them live D; So i was wondering if anyone in the bay area would care to join me? I plan to drive down there Or take train and stay 4 days 3 nights, and head back up to nor-cal Monday. We can get into more details about the costs and things like once i see how many people are interested. I'm hoping for 3 others so we can share a hotel room!

little about me: I'm 23, Asian male. Love music and singing, no smoking, no alcohol (maybe a little ^^). Don't really have a preference for the people interested as long as they're clean, friendly, don't smoke, and love Kalafina (and anime conventions of course). so whos up for it :)))?

princesskitty18

hahaha i thought u said ud ask ur friends first before posting online
dnt want..oh what was the phrase...random ppl? :p

u kno i would totally go if i had the money and if my mom would let me :(
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

heroblade20

I actually have a group hitting Ax as a group. If I may recomend, driving may not be the best plan. Gas is costly as well as the cost to park( worse parking than fanime imo). The only plus would be u get ur choice of food considering the convention center is surrounded by restaurants(more costly tahn fast food is my problem with it) and an endless number of subways anda Famamia market. My group plans to train or plane there. The tram from certain hotels is a great way to get in and out of Ax. May I ask have you booked a hotel room yet?

Kzuna

Quote from: heroblade20 on June 01, 2011, 01:48:50 AM
I actually have a group hitting Ax as a group. If I may recomend, driving may not be the best plan. Gas is costly as well as the cost to park( worse parking than fanime imo). The only plus would be u get ur choice of food considering the convention center is surrounded by restaurants(more costly tahn fast food is my problem with it) and an endless number of subways anda Famamia market. My group plans to train or plane there. The tram from certain hotels is a great way to get in and out of Ax. May I ask have you booked a hotel room yet?

No i haven't, and thank you so much for your suggestion!! im still trying to figure out what to do exactly. Cos i know gas alone will be like 300 minimum.

heroblade20

holy crap bro, $300?  :o bus is way less, but u get crazies. I would recomend plane. My friend just bought a round trip ticket at $200 and he'll only be in the air for an hour and not have to wrory about dying in a fiery inferno of LA traffic

Kzuna

Quote from: heroblade20 on June 01, 2011, 02:07:08 AM
holy crap bro, $300?  :o bus is way less, but u get crazies. I would recomend plane. My friend just bought a round trip ticket at $200 and he'll only be in the air for an hour and not have to wrory about dying in a fiery inferno of LA traffic

yea i looked at flights just now and it's around 200 for round trip, and train is alot less then that. But i still need people to go with cos i don't wanna eat the hotel cost :D tnx for the tip!

heroblade20

Id like to invite u, but we have four members in our party already D: a fifth would be impossible for the room. I do recomend recomend priceline IF EVERYONE IS GURANTEED( ud need min 3). Last year I got a room for i think it was $50 per night and this was like 3-4 weeks ahead of time. I say guranteed because THEY DO NOT DO REFUNDS. They are the best deal, but at the cost of refunds. As long as you are downtown u need not worry about distance too much because the tram is very convenient and takes u all the way to the convention center.

Also try and avoid the Wilshire Grand.
I have heard mixed messages one extremely bad and one just decent
The bad was from the SpoonyOne's vlog hotel from hell. The water took 40 minutes to get started and hot( this is after u turn on the sink as well), there was a foul odor alrady in the room, it was loud, and the power cables were behind a heavy bureau, and negligible water pressure.

Kzuna

Are you guys all heading down separately and meeting up in LA?

heroblade20

Quote from: Kzuna on June 01, 2011, 12:38:09 PM
Are you guys all heading down separately and meeting up in LA?

Probably, but we are going in groups-ish( two groups of two not much of a group i guess xD). Going to LA alone is a risky business especially on bus or train.

jacktchance

Hey, I'm a friend of heroblade.  We're going to go down early and try to get an extra cot from the hotel.  If the group can agree on sleeping arrangements, I would be happy to welcome you into our room.

SOawesomeness

Gas is that expensive?

When I drive down and up, it's only like... $60/way for me. o.o (A tank and a half, and I come from 1 1/2 hr south of LA)
Unless you drive like an SUV or something. o.o
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Kzuna

Quote from: jacktchance on June 02, 2011, 01:29:49 AM
Hey, I'm a friend of heroblade.  We're going to go down early and try to get an extra cot from the hotel.  If the group can agree on sleeping arrangements, I would be happy to welcome you into our room.

sweet ty! we're sorting it out at the moment.

Kzuna

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on June 02, 2011, 01:46:26 AM
Gas is that expensive?

When I drive down and up, it's only like... $60/way for me. o.o (A tank and a half, and I come from 1 1/2 hr south of LA)
Unless you drive like an SUV or something. o.o

i drive a pick up :D, not the most effcient of vehicles D; and 300 is a bit overkill but you never know, i always like to be safe and double up the cost just in case of who knows what. it's actually around $170 for a 1000 miles at 25 miles per gallon ($4.25 a gallon). at 20 miles per gallon it's around $220. better to have extra then have to walk back to nor cal right D;

HakureiSandwih