Kamen Rider x Super Sentai 2013: Limit Break for Buster (5/13 LOCATION UPDATE!!)

Started by otakuapprentice, July 09, 2011, 07:16:31 PM

We're keeping the same day, and I'll try to get the same spot again for next year, but do you all want a different time?

Keep time from 2012 (3pm)
7 (70%)
1pm
1 (10%)
2pm
1 (10%)
4pm
1 (10%)
5pm
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

otakuapprentice

Since the turnout for 2012 ended up being a success (with others who cosplayed toku but did not know of the gathering also joining in), its coming back for a ground-breaking second season, and we're opening the doors a lot wider this time around.

Be it Kamen Rider Den-O or Ultraman Tiga, Hikounin Sentai Akibaranger or B-Fighter Kabuto(Big Bad Beetleborgs in the states), Space Sherrif Gavan or VR Troopers.....hell, we'll even Let Saban's Masked Rider come out and play for a bit. We can guarantee the action will be intense, the teamups will be awesome, the villains will keep trolling us, and Ikari Gai and Nobuo Akagi will be able to fangasm to their hearts content.

*if its awesome, it can join

Day: Saturday
Time: 4pm (sorry; tried to keep last years' slot, but we got bumped)
Location: G8c (link from gatherings page to help you if you dont know where it is): http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/BSaphire/media/GCDLocationsMapFinal.jpg.html

*Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.*

List of attending/Current cosplayer count: 21

Kamen Rider Series
KawaiiMess - Joujima Yuuki (Kamen Rider Fourze)
exploding-goats - Kintaros[Human Ver.] (Kamen Rider Den-O)
will [ishida] - Shintaro Goto (Kamen Rider OOO)
cashewsftw - Sakuta Ryuusei (Kamen Rider Fourze)
Pokemon Ranger - Hino Eiji (Kamen Rider OOO)

Super Sentai Series
Yatta Dante - Tricera Ranger/MMPR Blue (Zyuranger/MMPR)
Seen183 - Gokai Red (Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger)
Angelx624 - Ian Yorkland (Juuden Sentai Kyoryuger)
onnabugeisha - MagiPink (Mahou Sentai Magiranger)
CherryGeri - KyoryuPink/Amy Yuuzuki (Juuden Sentai Kyoryuger)
Char350 - Ikari Gai (Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger)
RedGxHenshin - KyoryuRed/Daigo Kiryu (Juuden Sentai Kyoryuger)
Harakumo +1 - Dragon Ranger & Ptera Ranger (Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger)
Dan_Hibiki - Nobuharu Udo/KyoryuBlue (Juuden Sentai Kyoryuger)

those confirmed through forum member to attend
friend of CherryGeri - Hino Eiji (Kamen Rider OOO)
friends of Char350 - Joe Gibken & Luka Millfy (Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger)
Additional Series(Metal Hero, Ultraman, etc.)

Undecided on character, but guaranteed to attend
Zubat
Kieuseru
ToshiX

Maybe
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

EnmaRaeg

Me and my friend are probably going as Momotaros and Kintaros (imagin form) ^^

Kazuma_uzumaki

Fanime 2010, there was a great turnout when they made it of all Tokusatsu Genre's whether it be Power Rangers, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, etc.

Very sad that there wasn't any form of gathering last year.

Perhaps there would be much more interest with all the Tokusatsu Genre's

While I plan on making a OOO Costume, if that fails, I wanted to make Gokai Red.

We can have different photo shoots for different series, etc.

KyraEnsui

This is awesome. My friends and I are going from both Den-O and W series. We were W/Double last year. We're in~

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Kazuma_uzumaki on November 02, 2011, 10:27:43 PM
Fanime 2010, there was a great turnout when they made it of all Tokusatsu Genre's whether it be Power Rangers, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, etc.

Very sad that there wasn't any form of gathering last year.

Perhaps there would be much more interest with all the Tokusatsu Genre's

While I plan on making a OOO Costume, if that fails, I wanted to make Gokai Red.

We can have different photo shoots for different series, etc.
Y'know, I didn't actually think about that. I will change the title so it includes the major tokusatsu genres (Kamen Rider/Super Sentai/Power Rangers).

Quote from: KyraEnsui on November 07, 2011, 09:30:23 AM
This is awesome. My friends and I are going from both Den-O and W series. We were W/Double last year. We're in~
Did you guys have a suit or were you cosplaying Phillip and Shotaro? I honestly want to make a W Joker cosplay, but that all depends on time, money, and my own skill.

KyraEnsui

Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 07, 2011, 07:02:15 PM

Did you guys have a suit or were you cosplaying Phillip and Shotaro? I honestly want to make a W Joker cosplay, but that all depends on time, money, and my own skill.

We were Philip and Shoutarou. Philip was playing the violin on Sunday too.

We are actually have about 6 people doing Den-O which all are Imagin!Ryoutarous and Denbu!Yuuto. As for W (only 5 people), it will be Chief, Akiko, Shoutarou, Philip, and Terui.

Kazuma_uzumaki

Quote from: KyraEnsui on November 08, 2011, 11:51:13 AM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 07, 2011, 07:02:15 PM

We were Philip and Shoutarou. Philip was playing the violin on Sunday too.

We are actually have about 6 people doing Den-O which all are Imagin!Ryoutarous and Denbu!Yuuto. As for W (only 5 people), it will be Chief, Akiko, Shoutarou, Philip, and Terui.

GAsp! I remember you vividly playing your piano with an awesome Phillip cosplay! I wanted to take a picture but I didn't want to bother your playing haha.
6 people?! I wish I had that many friends into tokusatsu V___V

Thinking about it, I probably won't be able to finish OOO so I'm down for a Gokai Red!
Now if I can get a gokai blue, yellow, green, and pink :D

Jidai Geki

[Posting Removed]

otakuapprentice

If there is enough interest from other people to include additional series/programs, I will consider it; I only say this because there was a sailor moon gathering last year and it probably would not mesh well with a huge mishmash of other characters(and I can pretty much guarantee there will be another one next year), as well as the fact that not everyone knows everything from your list (I honestly have no idea/never heard of akakage, ninja arashi, silver kamen or rainbowman).

I'm only narrowing it down to KR/Sentai because they are more similar to each other, are more known by people/fans, and each has been featured in respective shows (Decade/Shinkenger crossover). This is not in any way meant to be disrespectful, I'm just trying to keep it specific.

Jidai Geki

otakuapprentice

Aww c'mon man, stick to your guns...

Look, I'll throw you a gimme here: post a list of possible additions, taking into consideration the chance they might have their own separate gatherings for next year(Sailor Moon, for example). I will make a poll and let it run from there.

Kazuma_uzumaki

Quote from: Jidai Geki on November 21, 2011, 05:53:34 PM
Keeping it what it is, is fine... I was hoping I found an All-Inclusive Tokusastu gatherings...

Just to ask, were YOU planning on doing something outside super sentai and kamen rider?
The live action sailor moon cosplayers would probably just... Go with the sailor moon gathering.  While all tokusatsu genres would be nice, how many people would really cosplay from Metal Heroes or Godzilla? I never see any ultra man stuff either. I wouldn't mind them joining in on the day, it's just sentai and riders are more popular so it would be easier to gather people from those fanbases.

CherryGeri

oooooh yes a Sentai/Kamen Rider gathering!! OuO i'm actually working on putting together a normal clothes Ahim [GokaiPink] cosplay a small con in February and i'll most likely bring it out again for Fanime, especially since this gathering is going to happen ! ^O^ and my friend will probably be Basco too by the way :)
facebook.com/cherrygeri.cosplay

fanime17 tentative lineup: Shokugeki Megumi / BnHA Tsuyu / Maidragon Kanna / P5 Makoto / FE Fates Sakura

Kazuma_uzumaki

Actually, take me out as Gokai red. I'll be coming in as Kamen Rider Joker.

cashewsftw

I plan to come as Ahim for this gathering. I really hope this is still happening since I probably will have a hard time finding other Gokaigers/tokusatsu people otherwise. I'm really excited for this since it'll be my first tokusatsu cosplay/gathering - just discovered Gokaiger a few months ago and love it to pieces. I'm so sad it's ending soon.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: cashewsftw on February 04, 2012, 12:12:29 PM
I plan to come as Ahim for this gathering. I really hope this is still happening since I probably will have a hard time finding other Gokaigers/tokusatsu people otherwise. I'm really excited for this since it'll be my first tokusatsu cosplay/gathering - just discovered Gokaiger a few months ago and love it to pieces. I'm so sad it's ending soon.
Even if there is a small turnout, it will still happen as of this post.

Also: don't worry, you'll still have the super sentai x kamen rider movie to look forward to later this year.

cashewsftw

Thanks for adding me to the list! But I think that you also have to post on either of these two threads (http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12406.0.html, http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12405.0.html) to be considered an official gathering.

SilentJ

If everything goes well I should be able to make it as Kiva. I'm really looking forward to this and seeing everyone and their outfits!

Lunarmatique

My fiancee and I would love to attend, given that it doesn't conflict with other gatherings we're attending. I'll be attending as Ryotaro possessed by Ryutaros and she'll be Natsumikan possessed by Urataros. Here's the thing, these are highly subject to change.
Fanime 2016 Lineup:
Ninja Slayer from Animation - Ninja Slayer
Destiny - Hunter
Kill la Kill - Senketsu

JiiiWiz

Bumping this thread up because we need more people! -Lunarmatique's Fiancee-
"Please don't.."