FanimeCon 2018 Forums

Advanced search  

News:

Poll

We're keeping the same day, and I'll try to get the same spot again for next year, but do you all want a different time?

Keep time from 2012 (3pm)
- 7 (70%)
1pm
- 1 (10%)
2pm
- 1 (10%)
4pm
- 1 (10%)
5pm
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Kamen Rider x Super Sentai 2013: Limit Break for Buster (5/13 LOCATION UPDATE!!)  (Read 30295 times)

otakuapprentice

• More than 2718 posts
  • Flying through the universe in my T.A.R.D.I.S
    • View Profile

*looking at cherrygeri's pics*

Holy crap, that looked like it was awesome......and I totally did not consider the possibility that people would cosplay akibaranger.

I love the picture of Gai and Nobuo/AkibaRed nerding out.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

cashewsftw

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile

*looking at cherrygeri's pics*

Holy crap, that looked like it was awesome......and I totally did not consider the possibility that people would cosplay akibaranger.

I love the picture of Gai and Nobuo/AkibaRed nerding out.

I don't think anyone expected Akibaranger cosplay. I sure wasn't. My life will be complete when I see a full Akibaranger group. Makes me tempted to be Akibablue...

By the way, I forgot to add, thank you, otakuapprentice, for setting up this gathering in the first place! Otherwise, we probably wouldn't have had a toku gathering this year, which would have been pretty sad since it's clear there were quite a few toku cosplayers at Fanime this year. I hope you'll be able to go to Fanime next year! I know how it feels since I had to miss it last year due to being in the hospital.

CherryGeri

• Maria-sama ga Post
  • cherrygeri @ tumblr
    • View Profile

By the way, I forgot to add, thank you, otakuapprentice, for setting up this gathering in the first place! Otherwise, we probably wouldn't have had a toku gathering this year, which would have been pretty sad since it's clear there were quite a few toku cosplayers at Fanime this year. I hope you'll be able to go to Fanime next year! I know how it feels since I had to miss it last year due to being in the hospital.

i second that, thank you so much for organizing this gathering guys! especially otakuapprentice <3 :D we should totally do this again next year!
facebook.com/cherrygeri.cosplay

fanime17 tentative lineup: Shokugeki Megumi / BnHA Tsuyu / Maidragon Kanna / P5 Makoto / FE Fates Sakura

otakuapprentice

• More than 2718 posts
    • View Profile

Just wondering, anyone going to cosplay toku at AX? I'm considering going just so I can be Ahim again, but it really depends on whether I can take a day or two off from work...
I should be able to go to AX, but not sure if I will do any toku cosplay.

Char350

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile

Hi, this is the Ikari Gai from the gathering. The gathering was a lot of fun! Thanks to those who organized it, ran it, and participated in it! It is always great to meet other Tokusatsu fans in the con community!

I am going to AX as Gai again, so hit me up if anyone's going in July as well!
Fanime 2015 Plans:
*Umemori Genta (Shinkenger)
*Chase (Kamen Rider Drive)

Nori

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile

Am quite sad I ended up not making it to the gathering! Ryuuta gave me quite the earful during our what now seems to be "watch lots of W crack" tradition later that night, haha. I ended up not being able to get my prints until about 1:30 on Saturday, so had to spend my time cutting and laminating so I could actually sell them, orz.

That aside, I had Husband-o!Terui w/Shoutarou and Philip on Friday and D!Yuuto on Saturday night/all day Monday in the AA.

Also, Nori, did you actually sell Kamen Rider fanart in the Artist Alley? I tried really hard to find you, but I didn't see any toku stuff there... I was disappointed since I was hoping to buy some stuff from you.

I did! I had some old W prints (Terui/Shoutarou/Philip) leftover from last year and keychains - Den-O (MomoUraKinRyuu!Tarou & D!Yuuto), Fourze (Gentarou/Yuuki/Ryuusei/Kengo), W (Shoutarou/Philip/Terui), and OOO (Eiji/Ankh).  I was at table 213, in the back (next to some friends selling EGL/Doll stuff).  None of them are online yet as I discovered earlier this afternoon that I've misplaced my thumbdrive with all of the images on it orz  They'll be up when I get un-lazy enough to rescan some of them. Also want to re-do Ryuusei's, since his was done at 9am on Saturday morning from memory and I forgot to add some bits to his uniform XD;

I'm pretty sure the only other person with toku stuff was my table partner (though hers was limited to a W bookmark w/ Shoutarou and Philip).

Anyway, I do have some left that would be happy to find new homes :)
Plastic Suits, baby
Matsumoto Jun - Monster ver.
Matsumoto Jun - Come back to me ver.
Kamen Rider W - Terui Ryuu
Kamen Rider Den-O - Deneb!Yuuto
Kamen Rider Den-O - Momo!Ryoutarou
Else???

cashewsftw

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile

I did! I had some old W prints (Terui/Shoutarou/Philip) leftover from last year and keychains - Den-O (MomoUraKinRyuu!Tarou & D!Yuuto), Fourze (Gentarou/Yuuki/Ryuusei/Kengo), W (Shoutarou/Philip/Terui), and OOO (Eiji/Ankh).  I was at table 213, in the back (next to some friends selling EGL/Doll stuff).  None of them are online yet as I discovered earlier this afternoon that I've misplaced my thumbdrive with all of the images on it orz  They'll be up when I get un-lazy enough to rescan some of them. Also want to re-do Ryuusei's, since his was done at 9am on Saturday morning from memory and I forgot to add some bits to his uniform XD;

I'm pretty sure the only other person with toku stuff was my table partner (though hers was limited to a W bookmark w/ Shoutarou and Philip).

Anyway, I do have some left that would be happy to find new homes :)

Ah, noooo! I am really sad now that I didn't see you in the Artist Alley! I love Kamen Rider W and Fourze so I definitely would have bought something from you. What stuff do you have left over now?

Nori

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile

Ah, noooo! I am really sad now that I didn't see you in the Artist Alley! I love Kamen Rider W and Fourze so I definitely would have bought something from you. What stuff do you have left over now?

Monday was the only day I was actually there at opening - the other days I didn't get in until after noon (and not at all on Friday).  I have 3-4 each of all of them left, and can make more as necessary :)  I do plan on making ones for the rest of the KRC + Akiko eventually, but I ran out of time before con (darn school and finals and making costumes).
Plastic Suits, baby
Else???

cashewsftw

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile

Monday was the only day I was actually there at opening - the other days I didn't get in until after noon (and not at all on Friday).  I have 3-4 each of all of them left, and can make more as necessary :)  I do plan on making ones for the rest of the KRC + Akiko eventually, but I ran out of time before con (darn school and finals and making costumes).

Oh I never made it to the dealers hall/Artist Alley near opening time because I was always scrambling to get my cosplay ready for the day. I might be interested in your W/Fourze stuff... Do you plan to go to AX?

Nori

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile

Oh I never made it to the dealers hall/Artist Alley near opening time because I was always scrambling to get my cosplay ready for the day. I might be interested in your W/Fourze stuff... Do you plan to go to AX?

That was mostly my case, too XD; "Oh god where is this ONE SINGLE MINOR-YET-IMPORTANT ACCESSORY?" and other such things. Unfortunately funds probably won't permit for AX this year (as much as I want to go arrghhh Kajiura ;A; ), so I highly doubt I'll be there - even if I did make it, I wouldn't be in AA.
Plastic Suits, baby
Else???

otakuapprentice

• More than 2718 posts
    • View Profile

we should totally do this again next year!
Trust me, this will happen again for 2013.

Kazuma_uzumaki

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile

While it was fun seeing the different people, it ended up being super Sentai biased. While I live some SS, Kamen riders got like, one picture for themselves. There was a decent amount of W people which would've been nice...

cashewsftw

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile

While it was fun seeing the different people, it ended up being super Sentai biased. While I live some SS, Kamen riders got like, one picture for themselves. There was a decent amount of W people which would've been nice...

Ah, sorry about that. I had intended to do photoshoots by series for both Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, but I kind of forgot about that... Also, a lot of the requests for pictures were for Gokaiger, but being a Kamen Rider fan myself, I'm a little sad there weren't more Kamen Riders (especially for W - if I recall correctly, there was only one Shoutarou and a Phillip at the gathering ;A;)

Eri Kagami

• Maria-sama ga Post
  • Scarlet Rhapsody
    • View Profile

I actually took a ton of shots from this gathering. If you peruse through the gallery, you can fine pics of the TokuxSentai gathering:
http://scarlet-rhapsody.com/traveling/fanime2012/

otakuapprentice

• More than 2718 posts
    • View Profile

I'm still curious as to why those Gatchaman cosplayers ended up in some of the pictures....

Also: Updated first post and title to reflect next years' anticipated gathering. (NOW WITH MORE TOKU!)

YAY!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:36:10 PM by otakuapprentice »

Angelx624

• Post in the Shell: SAC
    • View Profile

Ahhh, so, I recently started watching Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, and I'm planning a Captain Marvelous cosplay. xDD I'm hoping to bring it to Fanime next year, and would love to come to this gathering! :3
Tentative Cosplay List(2019):
Reno (FF7)
Dia Kurosawa (Love Live)
Chuya Nakahara (BSD)
Sheeta (Laputa)
Edgeworth (Ace Attorney)
Haruhi Suzumiya!

(ノ•ω•)ノ Yay!!

CherryGeri

• Maria-sama ga Post
  • cherrygeri @ tumblr
    • View Profile

yessssss definitely going to be at this gathering for 2013; not sure as who yet though.....possibly Yoko (Go-busters) or one of the Fourze girls? or maybe someone else entirely? i don't even know yet haha. DEFINITELY COMING THOUGH :D
facebook.com/cherrygeri.cosplay

fanime17 tentative lineup: Shokugeki Megumi / BnHA Tsuyu / Maidragon Kanna / P5 Makoto / FE Fates Sakura

otakuapprentice

• More than 2718 posts
    • View Profile

yessssss definitely going to be at this gathering for 2013; not sure as who yet though.....possibly Yoko (Go-busters) or one of the Fourze girls? or maybe someone else entirely? i don't even know yet haha. DEFINITELY COMING THOUGH :D
I would love to see a complete Kamen Rider Club there...or least someone dressed up as Yuki with her Hayabusa plushie.

Kieuseru

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile

I'm planning on attending. Ideally, I'll be making Umeko's Dekaranger Uniform, as well as Yumeria's suit. We'll see if both end up completed, though.

Angelx624

• Post in the Shell: SAC
    • View Profile

Yup, definitely coming as Marvelous. ^^ And will hopefully have a full Gokaiger group!! (I'm trying to get people for it, anyway. OTL )
Tentative Cosplay List(2019):
Reno (FF7)
Dia Kurosawa (Love Live)
Chuya Nakahara (BSD)
Sheeta (Laputa)
Edgeworth (Ace Attorney)
Haruhi Suzumiya!

(ノ•ω•)ノ Yay!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 27 queries.