Kamen Rider x Super Sentai 2013: Limit Break for Buster (5/13 LOCATION UPDATE!!)

Started by otakuapprentice, July 09, 2011, 07:16:31 PM

We're keeping the same day, and I'll try to get the same spot again for next year, but do you all want a different time?

Keep time from 2012 (3pm)
7 (70%)
1pm
1 (10%)
2pm
1 (10%)
4pm
1 (10%)
5pm
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Nori

Quote from: SilentJ on April 22, 2012, 10:57:26 PM
Construction in the background would look really cool for this gathering, at least I think so!

I think it might not be a bad idea, considering how often battles take place in construction zones/warehouses/quarries XD
Plastic Suits, baby
Matsumoto Jun - Monster ver.
Matsumoto Jun - Come back to me ver.
Kamen Rider W - Terui Ryuu
Kamen Rider Den-O - Deneb!Yuuto
Kamen Rider Den-O - Momo!Ryoutarou
Else???

Moogleborg

I will be coming as Keisuke Nago from Kamen Rider Kiva with my brother Strider Ryuki coming as Shinji Kido from Kamen Rider Ryuki! :D
Running on moé, 24/7/365.
Powered by Pokeshipping.
Enhanced by caffene.

Fashwiing

Construction should actually be done by the time con comes around, but I vote for that as well.

Also, being the wishy-washy person I am I decided to bring Basco anyway, my sanity and well-being be damned. I'll probably fry, but it'll be worth it. I'll also be wearing D.Yuuto for most of that day so if I see anyone they'll definitely get candy unloaded on them (with a very big smile, possibly a bow and a loud introduction). My R.Ryotaro is brushing up on her breakdancing and it's gonna be so cool * 3*~
Tentative 2015 lineup includes 90's Rogue (X-Men), Historical Rapunzel (Tangled), Maki Nishikino (Love Live), Daedalus F-302 pilot (Stargate Atlantis)

Choudenji

I should be able to make it as Ozu Houka from Magi. I'm looking forward to seeing such a large toku cosplay gathering  :D

otakuapprentice

Quick news bump: location has changed....we are now at the flowerbeds on the marriott side, sot we have the construction in the background. YAY!

no more changes. that is all.

P.S. For those that have friends coming with you, I need an exact number for an accurate cosplayer count for the first page.

P.P.S. For those confirmed and are still undecided on what you are wearing, please post your final choice as well.

THANKIES!
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Nori

My group is 4 or 5 (myself, KyraEnsui, +2 or 3 others) - we don't know if we'll be doing W or Den-O yet, though...kind of mostly depends on what all I manage to get finished, which I probably won't know until the second I leave for con (I'm fantastically known for still sewing at-con on at 2am on Sunday...)
Plastic Suits, baby
Matsumoto Jun - Monster ver.
Matsumoto Jun - Come back to me ver.
Kamen Rider W - Terui Ryuu
Kamen Rider Den-O - Deneb!Yuuto
Kamen Rider Den-O - Momo!Ryoutarou
Else???

Char350

Quote from: otakuapprentice on April 30, 2012, 07:41:14 PM
Quick news bump: location has changed....we are now at the flowerbeds on the marriott side, sot we have the construction in the background. YAY!

P.S. For those that have friends coming with you, I need an exact number for an accurate cosplayer count for the first page.

P.P.S. For those confirmed and are still undecided on what you are wearing, please post your final choice as well.

THANKIES!

Confirm my friends for Joe and Luka. Once again, thanks for organizing!
Fanime 2015 Plans:
*Umemori Genta (Shinkenger)
*Chase (Kamen Rider Drive)

CherryGeri

Quote from: otakuapprentice on April 30, 2012, 07:41:14 PM

THANKIES!

Confirm one friend for Basco, the other friend of mine is actually going to be Luka instead though!
facebook.com/cherrygeri.cosplay

fanime17 tentative lineup: Shokugeki Megumi / BnHA Tsuyu / Maidragon Kanna / P5 Makoto / FE Fates Sakura

otakuapprentice

Got some bad news: I can no longer make it to fanime this year, so for this gathering to continue, I will need someone to take over the organization of this gathering.

cashewsftw

Sorry to hear you can't make it, otakuapprentice. I can help organize the gathering since I've waited too long not for this to happen. But I've never led a gathering before, so I'd definitely appreciate some help, especially since I don't have a loud voice.

otakuapprentice

I have replied in the gatherings list page noting you as the one-in-charge of the gathering now.

Fashwiing

Cashews, if you need someone to be loud for you I can definitely do it.
Tentative 2015 lineup includes 90's Rogue (X-Men), Historical Rapunzel (Tangled), Maki Nishikino (Love Live), Daedalus F-302 pilot (Stargate Atlantis)

cashewsftw

@Fashwiing Yes, that would definitely help. Thank you! Looking forward to this gathering!

Char350

Fanime 2015 Plans:
*Umemori Genta (Shinkenger)
*Chase (Kamen Rider Drive)

hazuza

Fashwiing's Ryuutaros(R-Ryotaro) here!

Looking forward to this! c: I've been trying to learn how to breakdance but between finals and finishing other costumes, I haven't had much time... So I can't do anything too impressive unfortunately... Maybe by next year..!

cashewsftw

I don't know if anyone's seen the schedule yet, but they're showing the Gokaiger vs Gavan movie twice, although at bad times - 8-9:30 AM on Saturday morning and 8:30-10 PM on Sunday, which is during masquerade, I think. I'd totally go to the Saturday showing in my Ahim cosplay, but I really doubt I can get up that early, and anyways I'd much rather spend that time in bed, as much as I love Gokaiger.

So, how're everyone's cosplays going? I'm still madly working on Ahim's jacket and dress, though I hope to be done by tomorrow night so I don't have to cram in last-minute sewing at Fanime.

Choudenji

Quote from: cashewsftw on May 23, 2012, 07:16:40 PM
I don't know if anyone's seen the schedule yet, but they're showing the Gokaiger vs Gavan movie twice, although at bad times - 8-9:30 AM on Saturday morning and 8:30-10 PM on Sunday, which is during masquerade, I think. I'd totally go to the Saturday showing in my Ahim cosplay, but I really doubt I can get up that early, and anyways I'd much rather spend that time in bed, as much as I love Gokaiger.

Agreed, the timing for both Gokai-Gavan showings got a pretty bad spot, and two times seems a little unnecessary. Admittedly it was very high tier for a sentai movie.

Cosplay progress is going not quite fast enough for me, but today I'll make up time. All that's left are the boots, skirt, and a few minor things, and props are all obtained. This week I got too addicted to Battle Spirits STB so I ended up spamming though 26 episodes in 3 days without doing any sewing  :-\

otakuapprentice

They are actually showing the gokaiger/gavan movie?

Great, the time I can't attend and fanime pulls this kind of move......:(

cashewsftw

Hey everyone, hope you all enjoyed the gathering! We had a great turnout, definitely way more people than I expected. I was one of the three Ahims (the Asian one with the coat). Sorry that it was a bit disorganized at times, but I'm really grateful to the people who helped shout for me and keep the cosplayers and photographers in line. I'm so relieved that this didn't dissolve into chaos, and that most people seemed to have a good time. I definitely got a kick out of seeing not one, but three Nobuos. Especially that last shot of them fanboying with the lone Gai (who's my friend Char350, actually).  Please post up pictures of the gathering if you have them! And any shots of toku people in general would be nice too. By the way, my friend and I went to the Sunday showing of the Gavan movie as Gai and Ahim. I hadn't seen that movie before, and I thought it was so awesome! I know that some of you were there as well.

Also, Nori, did you actually sell Kamen Rider fanart in the Artist Alley? I tried really hard to find you, but I didn't see any toku stuff there... I was disappointed since I was hoping to buy some stuff from you.

Just wondering, anyone going to cosplay toku at AX? I'm considering going just so I can be Ahim again, but it really depends on whether I can take a day or two off from work...

CherryGeri

HI GUYS! ^O^ oh my gosh this gathering was so much fun and pretty much made my whole weekend :> anyways i'm in the process of uploading some of my pictures on tumblr at the moment, and you can see them here:

http://cherrygeri.tumblr.com/tagged/fanime-2012

will also probably make an album somewhere later with ALL my pictures and i'll post again here when i do that XD
facebook.com/cherrygeri.cosplay

fanime17 tentative lineup: Shokugeki Megumi / BnHA Tsuyu / Maidragon Kanna / P5 Makoto / FE Fates Sakura