electricity-lambs

FanimeCon 2015 Forums

Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Cosplayer Hangout 2013...

4 Stars ~ LOVED IT and will use it again!
3 Stars ~ Great idea and I might use it again.
2 Stars ~ It's was ok, but I didn't use it.
1 Stars ~ Nice try, but won't really help cosplayers.
0 Stars ~ I'm the devil... What were you thinking!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Cosplayer Hangout 2014 edition ~ 5/16 ~ #2 & #5 - CC Team Apps CLOSED  (Read 8398 times)

BSaphire

• "It's ALL Good!"
    • View Profile

Looking for:  donations for repair station and ideas for the Hangout for 2014!
The Post Key
Post #1 ~ Cosplay Hangout Hours and Information ~
Post #2 ~ Friday Programming Info ~
Post #3 ~ Cosplayer Crane Ceremony ~
Post #4 ~ Saturday Programming Info ~
Post #5 ~ Chopped Cosplay ~
Post #6 ~ Sunday Programming Info ~
Post #7 ~ Special Event (TBA) ~

Cosplayer Hangout ~ 2014 Edition
Cosplay attire is not required but a valid FanimeCon 2014 badge is! Please be respectful of each others needs while in the Cosplayer Hangout. PARENTS... Feel free to come in and pull up a seat to take a break from all the activity.
*This is a photography free zone! Sorry, NO pictures or electronic recordings are allowed to be taken in the area with out prior approval from Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head*

Location Key: Cosplayer 2 Cosplayer Repair Station Location
G5 = Cosplayer Hangout Market Room Hilton Hotel (1st floor)
G6 = "The SLAB" (outside the Cosplayer Hangout where the 60+ gatherings for 2013 were)
G7 = Tree Area (tree area @ foot of stairs by "The Slab")

Days and Hours Open:
*Hours are subject to change at any time*

Thursday: TBA
Friday: 10 am - 12 am
Saturday: 10 am - 12 am
Sunday: 10 am - 10 pm
Monday: CLOSED

Donations - The Cosplayer Hangout is designed with cosplayers in mind. We run mostly on donations for other cosplayers to use. Donations are accepted Thursday evening - Sunday in the Cosplayer Hangout.

Cosplayer Hangout 411 ~ What it's all about! ~

The Cosplayer Hangout is divided into different areas to offer more for cosplayers of all ages. We have a Chocobo Corner - a chibi cosplayers relax zone, a Cooling Station - designed with our furry/armored friends in mind, CGD Tech Zone - where you can view some of the photos taken by the CGD photographers during the weekend, the Cosplayer Repair Station where cosplayers have donated items to help other cosplayers repair their cosplay, props, make-up and other needs.

The Hangout also offers day programming such as Cosplayer Workshops – where a few lucky people in the audience can participate and learn as a instructional workshop is presented, Q&D Sessions - where a cosplayer hosts a topic for discussion and the audience can ask questions, trouble shoot problems, find information, or be inspired with new ideas. Some gathering events happen inside the Hangout while outside a super large gathering may be going on or one of several interactive Cosplayer Games may be happening and that is some of what is available during the day!

The Cosplayer Gatherings Department Raffle is held @ 4:30 on Saturday and Sunday and then we move into our evening programming. Thursday - Sunday night we plan on having one special programming event in the Hangout. Friday evening is our Cosplayer Crane Ceremony where cosplayers come together to respectfully reflect on each others loss in the form of "memory" paper cranes. Each year the goal is to get 1,000 paper cranes and say a unified prayer of thanks and offer up a prayer of Hope that the next year will be better for everyone.

Returning Saturday for 2014 is our competitive event of "Chopped Cosplay!" - this 4 team event is where the innovative and aspiring  can put their cosplay construction talents to the test against another team. We give you the ingredients to use and each team will come up with their creative cosplay. This is a 3 part team elimination event, so get your teams together and hone those mad cosplay skills.

These are just a few of the areas designed with cosplayers in mind. We are looking for/working on other ideas to offer the cosplayers and we want you to know that ideas and suggestions for the Cosplayer Hangout are encouraged and always welcome. Please post your thoughts here on this thread or send us an email to: gatherings@fanime.com and put Cosplayer Hangout in the subject line.

So come by the Cosplayer Hangout located in the Market Room on the 1st floor of the Hilton Hotel and join in on the fun!

Pins, Needles, and bandaids for all!
BSaphire
CGD Department Head

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 10:21:50 AM by BSaphire »
BSaphire
Fanime Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist

Founder of:
AC   DC

BSaphire

• "It's ALL Good!"
    • View Profile
Post #2 ~ CH Friday Programming ~ 5/16
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 10:10:58 AM »

Cosplayer Hangout ~ Friday Programming ~

Hours: 10 am - 12 am *hours are subject to change*

Day Programming ~ Workshop descriptions below

10 am: Cosplay Pose:  Tips and Tricks to better Pics

11 am: Cosplayer Awareness: How to Stay Safe

12 pm: Made To Fit You Cosplay

1 pm: Sewing is fun, not a fear!

2 pm: Made To Fit You Cosplay

3 pm: Sewing is fun, not a fear!

4 pm: Body Paint 101

5 pm: Air Brushing 101

Evening Programming ~

6 - 8 pm: ~ Cosplayer Crane Ceremony ~ G5 - G7 ~ *repair station may be temporarily closed during this event*MORE INFORMATION ON POST #3

6:30 - 8 pm: ~ Chopped Cosplay Qualify Round and Team Orientation ~ G5 ~ Cosplayer Hangout

9 - 11 pm: ~ Cosplayer Awareness: How to Stay Safe ~ G5 ~  Cosplayer Hangout

~~~~~~~~~~     Workshop Descriptions     ~~~~~~~~~~

Cosplay Pose:  Tips and Tricks to better Pics – Come join BSaphire and the Gatherings Dept. photogs and learn how to maximize your moment in front of the camera! Some of the topics that will be covered are: what to do before you cosplay, how to minimize that “unloved” area, holding your pose and the walk-on “working it”, how many poses and how to smoothly transition to name a few. CGD photogs range from amateur to professional photographers in their everyday lives and can give you tips for everyday photos of you and your friends to make the most of every moment! Fri, Sat & Sun 10 am Cosplayer Hangout

Cosplayer Awareness: How to Stay Safe - New to cosplay and want some pointers on how to handle a sticky situation, or maybe you have cosplayed for years and want to pass along some tips? When saying "No, Thank you." isn't enough we can point you in the right direction in this roundtable discussion and roll play on Cosplayer Safety. Friday 11 am, 9 - 11 pm Friday and Saturday evening Cosplayer Hangout *be sure and pick up our Cosplayer Safety sheet at either the Gatherings Table or in the Cosplayer Hangout*

Made To Fit You Cosplay – Want to wear that sailor outfit you think it’s “too short”? Want to be daring and wear “just skin”?  There are tricks of the trade to help you out!  The best part is it geared to YOU and nobody else.  Learn how to trick the eye and wear the cosplay that you want. Friday 12 & 2 pm Cosplayer Hangout

Sewing is fun, not a fear! – Do you fear your sewing machine or just want to learn some of the basics so you can sew things yourself?  Learn the basics of the sewing machine so that “scary thing in the closet” will become your best friend!  We will be using sewing machines to sew some small things.  Be prepared to fall in love with sewing! Friday 1 & 3 pm Cosplayer Hangout

Body Paint 101- So you're ready to really cosplay, huh? Well, through products and professional body painting techniques, you will learn how to further develop your cosplay character. You will find that the products and techniques used will become more affordable and easier for you, as Austin demonstrates effective body painting tips and tricks. Friday and Sunday 4 pm Cosplayer Hangout

Air Brushing 101- Got a need for speed? This class will guide you through the wide world of airbrushing! An airbrush has its place in most every cosplayers bag of tricks, from its use with face and body painting, to its effective use in armor and prop creation. Whether you are thinking of buying one or already have one, this class will show you the basics of buying, maintaining, and troubleshooting your airbrush equipment. Friday and Saturday 5 pm Cosplayer Hangout

Cosplay Pose:  Tips and Tricks to better Pics – Come join BSaphire and the Gatherings Dept. photogs and learn how to maximize your moment in front of the camera! Some of the topics that will be covered are: what to do before you cosplay, how to minimize that “unloved” area, holding your pose and the walk-on “working it”, how many poses and how to smoothly transition to name a few. CGD photogs range from amateur to professional photographers in their everyday lives and can give you tips for everyday photos of you and your friends to make the most of every moment! Fri, Sat & Sun 10 am Cosplayer Hangout

Cosplayer Crane Ceremony -- Friday evening, 6 - 8 pm ~ Cosplayer Hangout (G 5 – 7), we will honor the losses of our past and give hope to the future at the Cosplayer Crane Ceremony. With our "memory" paper cranes, we respectfully reflect on the past year and lift each other up through unity and togetherness. Each year the goal is to collect 1,000 paper cranes. Much like Sadako, we will offer up our efforts, hope and love in prayer for a better, happier year for all. *There will be origami paper and staff available in the Cosplayer Hangout to help you make your own paper crane for the ceremony.*
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 10:06:02 AM by BSaphire »
BSaphire

Founder of:
AC   DC

BSaphire

• "It's ALL Good!"
    • View Profile
Post #3 ~ Cosplayer Crane Ceremony ~
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 10:34:49 AM »

Cosplayer Crane Ceremony ~ A Tribute to Life ~

Cosplayer Crane Ceremony -- On Friday evening, 6 - 8 pm, we will honor the losses of our past and give hope to the future at the Cosplayer Crane Ceremony. With our "memory" paper cranes, we respectfully reflect on the past year and lift each other up through unity and togetherness. Each year the goal is to collect 1,000 paper cranes. Much like Sadako, we will offer up our efforts, hope and love in prayer for a better, happier year for all.*There will be origami paper and staff available in the Cosplayer Hangout to help you make your own paper crane for the ceremony.*

~ 2014: A Tribute to Life ~

For the last ten years I have been a woman of many talents. I am a cosplayer, costumer, photographer, and anime mom (animom for short) to thousands of young people just to name a few. Many of you inspire me, touch me, and make me love what I do so much that I keep coming back to make the Cosplayer Gatherings department better each year.

Like many of you I have suffered through professional, financial, and personal loss over those years and all of you who have reached out to me during those times have given me strength and determination to face the changes that I could not change. It has been your unique support that was the true inspiration behind the creation of this event and I encourage all of you who are still suffering with loss to come and join the rest of us.

2013 was a year of loss and then change for me. This cycle was a rinse and repeat for the whole year. Last August was especially hard when a dear friend passed away suddenly. Many Fanime cosplayers knew her from her Cosplay Spectacular performance in her Trigun Vash version 2 where she sang "Doughnut Holes." Some of you knew her for her various versions of Wesker from Resident Evil and others knew her as Arystar Krory III from D.Gray-man. Elizabeth "DragonKeeper" Stevenson passed away last August right before Sac Anime summer. Many cosplayers in the Sacramento area remember her Cosplay Masquerade performance of The Joker or her cosplay of the Riddler. Her talents were many, her cosplay seemed larger than life and her passing has left a void that many of us are still coming to terms with. You can check out her Cosplay.com costume gallery here:

http://www.cosplay.com/member/20973/costumes/

This year the Cosplayer Hangout will be offering it's tech for those who wish to use it to celebrate the life of Elizabeth Stevenson or to celebrate the life of any loved one lost. We ask that you keep your presentation under four minutes so that everyone can have an opportunity to share. We will have a sound system, computer programs, projector and screen available and we ask that you send us an email letting us know what you will need before May 10, 2014. Send your email to: gatherings@fanime.com and put "Crane Ceremony" in the subject line.

If you knew Elizabeth (or of her) or know of anyone who could use the unique support this ceremony can offer I pray that you will spread the word that this event is happening at Fanime and encourage them to come and be a part of it. We will have origami paper in the Cosplay Hangout to make paper cranes and many of my staff in there can help you learn how to fold one.

Love and Peace my cosplay friends,
BSaphire

There is a discussion thread located here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17252.0.html
where you can share your experiences, moments, and impressions. If you have an idea to enhance the Cosplayer Crane Ceremony please feel free to post it there also.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:13:37 AM by BSaphire »
BSaphire

Founder of:
AC   DC

BSaphire

• "It's ALL Good!"
    • View Profile
Post #4 ~ CH Saturday Programming ~ 2/27
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »

Cosplayer Hangout ~ Saturday Programming ~

Hours: 10 am - 12 am *hours are subject to change*

11 am: Cosplay Cosmetics 101

12 pm: Saving the moment: Makeup tips and tricks

1 pm: Wigs 101

2 pm: Wigs 102

3 pm: Special FX: Zombie Skin and Battle Wounds

4 pm: Air Brushing 101

5 pm: Cosplayer Gatherings Department Raffle

Evening Programming ~
6 - 8 pm: ~ "Attack On Titan!" Chopped Cosplay! ~ G4 "The Hub" ~ MORE INFORMATION ON POST #5

9 - 11 pm: ~ Cosplayer Awareness: How to Stay Safe ~ G5 ~ Cosplayer Hangout

Cosplay Pose:  Tips and Tricks to better Pics – Come join BSaphire and the Gatherings Dept. photogs and learn how to maximize your moment in front of the camera! Some of the topics that will be covered are: what to do before you cosplay, how to minimize that “unloved” area, holding your pose and the walk-on “working it”, how many poses and how to smoothly transition to name a few. CGD photogs range from amateur to professional photographers in their everyday lives and can give you tips for everyday photos of you and your friends to make the most of every moment!  Fri, Sat & Sun 10 am Cosplayer Hangout

Cosplay Cosmetics 101 – Makeup morphs your appearance to complete the illusion of any cosplay.  Enter PsychicPsycho, a cosplaying cosmetologist.  She will cover all the character makeup basics: foundations and concealers, highlights and shadows (contouring), wet vs. dry makeup, how best to emphasize your eyes, and so much more!  Along the way, you will learn how best to care for your exact skin-type! Saturday and Sunday 11 am Cosplayer Hangout

Saving the moment: Makeup tips and tricks - Got makeup in your eyes? Don't cry! There are many different types of makeups, and many ways to set and seal these makeups. Learn to make your extreme beauty and cosplay makeup durable, as this class will show you the products and techniques used to make your face and body painting makeup last for a full day of con play!  Saturday and Sunday 12 pm Cosplayer Hangout

Wigs 101 – How do I put on a wig?  How do I take care of a wig?  How do I get just the basic look of the character because it’s 3:00am and I want to get to bed?  Get these answers and more at Wigs 101.  We’ll cover basic care, wear, styling, cutting, and storage of many different style wigs.  We’ll practice on our wigs so you don’t have to use yours. Saturday and Sunday 1 pm Cosplayer Hangout

Wigs 102 – How do I get Clouds hair?  How do I get a high pony tail that looks good?  There are so many things you can do with wigs to accentuate your cosplay.  This is a continuation of Wigs 101, but with more advanced techniques like spikes, pony tails, and small curls.  Big curls may be covered if time allows.  We’ll practice on our wigs so you don’t have to use yours. Saturday and Sunday 2 pm Cosplayer Hangout

Special FX: Zombie Skin and Battle Wounds - Coming back from the dead, or just mortally wounded in a fight? Either way, sometimes getting that special effect across can be tricky. Have no fear help is here! In this class you will be shown how to create mild to disgusting battle wounds, burn scars, and how to effectively bring someone back from the dead. So join in on some wounded and undead fun! Saturday and Sunday 3 pm Cosplayer Hangout

Air Brushing 101- Got a need for speed? This class will guide you through the wide world of airbrushing! An airbrush has its place in most every cosplayers bag of tricks, from its use with face and body painting, to its effective use in armor and prop creation. Whether you are thinking of buying one or already have one, this class will show you the basics of buying, maintaining, and troubleshooting your airbrush equipment. Friday at 5 pm and Saturday at 4 pm Cosplayer Hangout

Cosplayer Gatherings Department Raffle - Come join the fun as we raffle off assorted goodies! Must be present to win and tickets are handed out through the day by department staff and also at the door. Saturday at 5 pm Cosplayer Hangout

Cosplayer Awareness: How to Stay Safe - New to cosplay and want some pointers on how to handle a sticky situation, or maybe you have cosplayed for years and want to pass along some tips? When saying "No, Thank you." isn't enough we can point you in the right direction in this roundtable discussion and roll play on Cosplayer Safety. Friday 11 am, 9 - 11 pm Friday and Saturday evening Cosplayer Hangout *be sure and pick up our Cosplayer Safety sheet at either the Gatherings Table or in the Cosplayer Hangout*
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 07:55:27 AM by BSaphire »
BSaphire

Founder of:
AC   DC

BSaphire

• "It's ALL Good!"
    • View Profile
Post #5 Chopped Cosplay! ~ "Attack On Titan!" 5/16
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 11:37:58 AM »

Chopped Cosplay team applications are closed. See Qualifying Round Info below. Check with Team Captains for more info via email.
Chopped Cosplay! ~ "Attack on Titan!"
~ A timed team competition of "Attack on Titans!" cosplay construction ~
~ ALL teams will participate in the Qualifying Round Friday evening and 4 teams will advance to the actual competition ~

~ Qualifying Round:
Friday 6:30pm – 8:00pm
G5 = Cosplayer Hangout (Market Room Hilton Hotel)

Chopped Cosplay 2014 Team Applicants:
1: Fabulous Fabric Ferrets of Freedom
2: It's Austins 20th Birthday
3: Team Espadas
4: Team half Naked
5: Team Kurara
6: Team Procrastination Station
7: Team Trill

~ Chopped Cosplay Event:
~ Saturday 6 - 8 pm
~ G4 ~ "The Hub"
(1st floor Convention Center)

Are you a fan of Food Network’s Chopped?  Do you cosplay?  Are you able to make an outfit from almost any material?  If so, Chopped Cosplay may be the competition made just for you and your friends.

Four teams start the competition, but who will be the last team standing? Round by round the teams will be challenged to complete the next portion of an "Attack On Titan" character cosplay using some crazy and amusing “secret ingredients.”  Teams will be judged on ingenuity, likeness, and presentation.  This could be their most challenging cosplay ever, but what’s cosplay without a good challenge?!?

We haven’t forgotten our audience either!  Commodore Mackintosh – with his witty humor and “everything’s game” attitude – will keep you guessing and laughing the entire show!  And if that weren’t enough we have added experienced cosplayers as judges.  This is a one-of-a-kind competition you’ll only find at Fanime!

So come see cosplay in a whole new light as we dish up this fun yet competitive cosplay competition in it's new location G4 or "The Hub", located on the 1st floor of the convention center, Saturday 6 - 8 pm.  You’ll come away with a new appreciation of Cosplay!

Questions?  Contact gatherings@fanime.com.

Madness! It's ALL Good!
BSaphire

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 10:18:55 AM by BSaphire »
BSaphire

Founder of:
AC   DC

BSaphire

• "It's ALL Good!"
    • View Profile
Post #6 ~ CH Sunday Programming ~ 2/27
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 11:58:30 AM »

Cosplayer Hangout ~ Sunday Programming ~

Hours: 10 am - 10 pm *hours are subject to change*

11 am: Cosplay Cosmetics 101

12 pm: Saving the moment: Makeup tips and tricks

1 pm: Wigs 101

2 pm: Wigs 102

3 pm: Special FX: Zombie Skin and Battle Wounds

4 pm: Body Paint 101

5 pm: Air Brushing 101

Evening Programming ~

6 - 8 pm: Special Event (TBA)

8 pm:

9 pm:

10 pm: The Cosplay Hangout is Closed! See everyone here in 2015!

Cosplay Pose:  Tips and Tricks to better Pics – Come join BSaphire and the Gatherings Dept. photogs and learn how to maximize your moment in front of the camera! Some of the topics that will be covered are: what to do before you cosplay, how to minimize that “unloved” area, holding your pose and the walk-on “working it”, how many poses and how to smoothly transition to name a few. CGD photogs range from amateur to professional photographers in their everyday lives and can give you tips for everyday photos of you and your friends to make the most of every moment!  Fri, Sat & Sun 10 am Cosplayer Hangout

Cosplay Cosmetics 101 – Makeup morphs your appearance to complete the illusion of any cosplay.  Enter PsychicPsycho, a cosplaying cosmetologist.  She will cover all the character makeup basics: foundations and concealers, highlights and shadows (contouring), wet vs. dry makeup, how best to emphasize your eyes, and so much more!  Along the way, you will learn how best to care for your exact skin-type! Saturday and Sunday 11 am Cosplayer Hangout

Saving the moment: Makeup tips and tricks - Got makeup in your eyes? Don't cry! There are many different types of makeups, and many ways to set and seal these makeups. Learn to make your extreme beauty and cosplay makeup durable, as this class will show you the products and techniques used to make your face and body painting makeup last for a full day of con play!  Saturday and Sunday 12 pm Cosplayer Hangout

Wigs 101 – How do I put on a wig?  How do I take care of a wig?  How do I get just the basic look of the character because it’s 3:00am and I want to get to bed?  Get these answers and more at Wigs 101.  We’ll cover basic care, wear, styling, cutting, and storage of many different style wigs.  We’ll practice on our wigs so you don’t have to use yours. Saturday and Sunday 1 pm Cosplayer Hangout

Wigs 102 – How do I get Clouds hair?  How do I get a high pony tail that looks good?  There are so many things you can do with wigs to accentuate your cosplay.  This is a continuation of Wigs 101, but with more advanced techniques like spikes, pony tails, and small curls.  Big curls may be covered if time allows.  We’ll practice on our wigs so you don’t have to use yours. Saturday and Sunday 2 pm Cosplayer Hangout

Special FX: Zombie Skin and Battle Wounds - Coming back from the dead, or just mortally wounded in a fight? Either way, sometimes getting that special effect across can be tricky. Have no fear help is here! In this class you will be shown how to create mild to disgusting battle wounds, burn scars, and how to effectively bring someone back from the dead. So join in on some wounded and undead fun! Saturday and Sunday 3 pm Cosplayer Hangout

Body Paint 101- So you're ready to really cosplay, huh? Well, through products and professional body painting techniques, you will learn how to further develop your cosplay character. You will find that the products and techniques used will become more affordable and easier for you, as Austin demonstrates effective body painting tips and tricks. Friday and Sunday 4 pm Cosplayer Hangout

Air Brushing 101- Got a need for speed? This class will guide you through the wide world of airbrushing! An airbrush has its place in most every cosplayers bag of tricks, from its use with face and body painting, to its effective use in armor and prop creation. Whether you are thinking of buying one or already have one, this class will show you the basics of buying, maintaining, and troubleshooting your airbrush equipment. Friday and Sunday at 5 pm and Saturday at 4 pm Cosplayer Hangout
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:32:47 AM by BSaphire »
BSaphire

Founder of:
AC   DC

BSaphire

• "It's ALL Good!"
    • View Profile
Post #7 ~ Sunday's Special Event ~
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 11:59:59 AM »

Sunday's Special Event is TBA.... Stay tuned for more info!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 09:57:53 AM by BSaphire »
BSaphire

Founder of:
AC   DC

maikiritori

• Inu-Posta
    • View Profile
Re: Cosplayer Hangout 2012 edition ~
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 06:13:54 AM »

So, along with the Tide Pen, I'm bringing a six pack of threads in neutral colors. ^_^
Cosplay Gatherings Department Second.
Ichiban-Con Staff.

MikuMayhem

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 08:46:53 AM »

I'll bring Snaps, Needle-nose pliers, baindaids, q-tips, and cotton rounds.

Gwydion

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 09:49:08 PM »

I can donate some of my hoard of masking tape. I also have a bag of PVC odds and ends if that would be useful.

Dany

• Inu-Posta
  • 2D CosNerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 08:10:58 AM »

So at the moment, we don't know exactly where the room will be :) Are there any hints of where they are considering locating it? The place it was in last year wasn't bad, some might say it's a little off the beaten path, but for some that is a good thing rather than bad.  At very worst, it may have been a little small, but since I didn't see HUGE amounts of traffic in ther when I was around, it seemed enough for the first year.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Nemuren

• Inu-Posta
  • Great King of Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 09:51:57 AM »

A recommendation for the repair station:
Spirit Gum

Dany

• Inu-Posta
  • 2D CosNerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 10:54:04 AM »

A recommendation for the repair station:
Spirit Gum

Maybe even rigid colloidian as well? Lots of folks use that for scars...it's just smelly as anything, so you might want it put in its own ziplock baggie :)

BSaphire

• "It's ALL Good!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 01:46:36 PM »

So at the moment, we don't know exactly where the room will be :) Are there any hints of where they are considering locating it? The place it was in last year wasn't bad, some might say it's a little off the beaten path, but for some that is a good thing rather than bad.  At very worst, it may have been a little small, but since I didn't see HUGE amounts of traffic in ther when I was around, it seemed enough for the first year.
Yes we will have a new room for the Cosplayer Hangout! It will still be located in the Hilton Hotel on the first floor.
BSaphire

Founder of:
AC   DC

Dany

• Inu-Posta
  • 2D CosNerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 02:49:14 PM »

Yes we will have a new room for the Cosplayer Hangout! It will still be located in the Hilton Hotel on the first floor.

Excellent! That places them in very close proximity to the Masquerade department, even if it's one floor down. Could be convenient for a last minute fix before craftmanship judging :D

jingko

• Steel Angel Post
  • I'm more deadly efficient then I seem
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 05:14:18 PM »

Excellent! That places them in very close proximity to the Masquerade department, even if it's one floor down. Could be convenient for a last minute fix before craftmanship judging :D

where it was last year?
where the Death Scythes kept?
see me at DA as well. ><

CommandantCat

• Maria-sama ga Post
  • Cosplayer, Organizer, Artist Alley & Con-goer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 11:06:51 PM »

I would gladly bring an assortment of threads and needles I don't really use often enough, snaps and other such things as well, whatever I manage to grab before the convention :D
COMMANDANT CAT
----
Cosplay, Art, and Costuming
=
Kuroshitsuji - William T. Spears
Homestuck - Gamzee Maraka (jester!Gamzee)
Originals - Mad Hatter, Evil Angel

Foxberry

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 01:42:10 AM »

I can probably donate several things, I'll get back with you after sorting through a bunch of stuff.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 01:47:51 AM by Foxberry »

BSaphire

• "It's ALL Good!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 04:52:59 PM »

There is an update on Post #6 Chopped Cosplay! More info to come!
COSPLAY MADNESS! Got to love it!
B
BSaphire

Founder of:
AC   DC

tatterpixie

• Maria-sama ga Post
  • cute little rat hanjyuu
    • View Profile
Re: Cosplayer Hangout 2012 edition ~ 2/8 update post #6
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 09:36:34 AM »

I actually have one of those little hand-held sewing machine things I'd be willing to donate... I'll pop it into my footlocker of DOOM so I don't forget to bring it with! ^_^
Fanime 2013 cosplay plans:
Tochiro Oyama (Captain Harlock)
Pinako Rockbell (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.606 seconds with 29 queries.