when is Pre-reg going to be opening up for 2012?

Started by Rodney_Pheonix, September 12, 2011, 11:37:29 AM

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: kookiekween99 on November 16, 2011, 08:00:51 PM
Quote from: Affliction on November 16, 2011, 07:51:50 PM
Quote from: pinkraintoday on November 15, 2011, 03:13:47 PM
I wish we were made aware of a specific date for pre-reg. I would also thoroughly enjoy it if the staff updated the site to 2012. xD
My biggest fear is missing out on the first 15 minutes when the hotels open as well. A post on the fanime Facebook page states all registrations regarding fanime are in the works, so does that mean they will all go up at once? Pre-registration is now unfortunately a source of stress in my household.  :'(

Last year, the Hilton filled up within 3 hours after the site went up last January. So your fear is not unwarranted.

As for Pre-Reg, I'm in a similar boat, only with my anime club. Traditionally, most of the people in my club give me the money, and I register them under my group. They keep asking me when Pre-Reg is going up, and I keep having to tell them that I have no idea, but as soon as I know anything, I'll let them know so they can get me the money.
Wow we are actually in the same boat lol. I just hope we get at least a weeks notice before pre-reg opens.

Dany

I think if you are checking the boards with some regularity... say, at least every couple of days, you should see the announcement for when pre-reg and hotel come out. My first year of Fanime (2010), I was in Italy when hotel reg occurred, so I was not checking things as much and I still managed to get a room at the Hilton.

Watch the boards and watch Twitter. That seems to be the two quickest ways to find out about things when they open. The website seems to be the last thing updated, at least from what I remember of the past. It's not -too- far behind, but when you are relying on your timing, the boards and Twitter seem to be the most instantaneous.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

OGIGA

It looks like the website was updated for Fanime 2012, but registration has yet to open.
Quote from: http://www.fanime.com/registration/#attendeeFanimeCon registration times and prices coming soon.

Dany

Quote from: OGIGA on November 29, 2011, 01:25:57 AM
It looks like the website was updated for Fanime 2012, but registration has yet to open.
Quote from: http://www.fanime.com/registration/#attendeeFanimeCon registration times and prices coming soon.

Well, that's promising! :D

Though wow, gotta get used to the new colors and stuff XD

Motoko

So I'm assuming that registration will be up soon.
But it did show that hotel registration is there too...but is that up or anything?
I can't tell since it goes directly to the hotel main site, but not for fanime attendees.
Do we have to wait until that is up as well?
Or stated that it's available for attendees to register for hotel rooms?

Lucifargundam

Quote from: Motoko on November 29, 2011, 01:16:07 PM
So I'm assuming that registration will be up soon.
But it did show that hotel registration is there too...but is that up or anything?
I can't tell since it goes directly to the hotel main site, but not for fanime attendees.
Do we have to wait until that is up as well?
Or stated that it's available for attendees to register for hotel rooms?
Nothing's open right now. It's all show at the moment.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

OGIGA

It looks like someone decided to put "COMING SOON" on the links, which is good because I would be confused if I never registered for Fanime before.  :)

eralston

Ya I noticed confusion with the links so I added the Coming Soon text. I hope this helps clear up any confusion.
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

Rin_chan

Does anyone know about what time of the month or so registration is usually up? This is the first year I'll have money for it before february so  I don't usually even check the site until then.

kookiekween99

Quote from: Rin_chan on December 08, 2011, 02:38:45 PM
Does anyone know about what time of the month or so registration is usually up? This is the first year I'll have money for it before february so  I don't usually even check the site until then.

In the past, it was up in early November. It's really late at this point, so no one seems to know when it'll go up.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

SpiritOfKairi

I keep hoping it will happen on the upcoming weekend, but so far that hasn't happened yet (obviously).  I wonder if they're having major technical issues this year...

OGIGA

Must be major difficulties going on. Last year, it was up in early November. Now, it already mid-December. I just wish I knew the date so I don't have to keep checking.

Rin_chan

I'm thinking it could be up after Christmas if it isn't open this weekend, not sure but I bet everyone will be busy with family and other things for the holidays so I wouldn't mind waiting another week or so.

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: Rin_chan on December 14, 2011, 11:26:03 AM
I'm thinking it could be up after Christmas if it isn't open this weekend, not sure but I bet everyone will be busy with family and other things for the holidays so I wouldn't mind waiting another week or so.
This is true.  It would be nice if it came up this weekend, though =).  I'd just like to get it done, but I understand that it's not like they're trying to dangle a carrot in front of our faces.  Does make me wonder what's the holdup this year, though...

Quote from: OGIGA on December 14, 2011, 02:37:18 AM
Must be major difficulties going on. Last year, it was up in early November. Now, it already mid-December. I just wish I knew the date so I don't have to keep checking.
Yeah, I've been pre-registering for a few years now, so I know that this is really late for them.  Last year it was November, and the year before that I think it was around Halloween.  I'd like a date too (make that a LOT of people would), but if they had one they would have given it to us.

ewu

So barring any speed bumps, we are looking at launching sometime next week, but as you can see, we have hit a few speed bumps already.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

OGIGA

Rin_chan

Will Pre Reg prices still be up for the same amount of time as usual before it changes to Early Reg? Or will they be extended a tad bit because of the unexpected delay?

I'm not personally worried XD Just passing a question on from a friend in my group.

Alexie828

Also, I'd like to know if the price for Pre-Reg will still be $45 as the years before. I already collected the money from my club, so I hope the amount hasn't changed. Thanks!

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: ewu on December 14, 2011, 07:02:03 PM
So barring any speed bumps, we are looking at launching sometime next week, but as you can see, we have hit a few speed bumps already.
Thank you so much for the update, ewu!  =D 

I'll keep my fingers crossed that no more speed bumps get in the way.

Dany

Quote from: ewu on December 14, 2011, 07:02:03 PM

Stinky bumps are stinky!

Thanks for the update :)