when is Pre-reg going to be opening up for 2012?

Started by Rodney_Pheonix, September 12, 2011, 11:37:29 AM

Makise09

Does anyone know why the countdown box on the homepage isn't showing any numbers? I noticed it a few days and was just curious.

Also, thanks for the update about registration  :)

Gigantor

Quote from: Makise09 on December 18, 2011, 11:28:17 AM
Does anyone know why the countdown box on the homepage isn't showing any numbers? I noticed it a few days and was just curious.

Also, thanks for the update about registration  :)

The countdown box isn't properly supported at present within any version of Internet Explorer; Firefox, Chrome, and Safari all worked okay with it.

loveluna4

So I was at Charles Dickens Faire hanging out at the steampunk booth and heard something interesting.... a girl there said that Fanime is going to be combining with a steampunk festival that occurs on the same date, in the same area. Apparently our Fanime registration will include admission to the steampunk fest to- and the hotels will be adjoining?

Can anyone confirm this?

M

Quote from: loveluna4 on December 20, 2011, 10:58:43 PM
So I was at Charles Dickens Faire hanging out at the steampunk booth and heard something interesting.... a girl there said that Fanime is going to be combining with a steampunk festival that occurs on the same date, in the same area. Apparently our Fanime registration will include admission to the steampunk fest to- and the hotels will be adjoining?

Can anyone confirm this?
We try to bring in new events every year, but nothing is truly confirmed until it is announced/posted by us. ;) There are always rumors and speculations regarding new events. :D
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

OGIGA

Quote from: ewu on December 14, 2011, 07:02:03 PM
So barring any speed bumps, we are looking at launching sometime next week, but as you can see, we have hit a few speed bumps already.
Hmm, can we possibly get a new update about registration opening up?

2D Mirage

I'm kind of annoyed that pre-reg hasn't already opened.  The wife and I usually have our tickets by now and I don't want to have to be forced to pay more because the pre-reg was delayed.  What's the deal and get back to me on the prices.  Again, annoyed.
Give me your godamned Pokemon cards! >:З

Makise09

Not sure if anyone else checked this thread but the last post was a bit of an update.

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16739.0.html

kookiekween99

I was hoping to get Pre-Reg as a Christmas present. :(
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

M

If we were opening it for Christmas, we would have staffers that would have been watching it to make sure that nothing goes wrong.

A decision was made to just delay it in order to ensure that it's stable enough and (more importantly) that our staffers were able to spend the holiday weekend with their friends/family.

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: MPLe on December 27, 2011, 04:35:24 PM
If we were opening it for Christmas, we would have staffers that would have been watching it to make sure that nothing goes wrong.

A decision was made to just delay it in order to ensure that it's stable enough and (more importantly) that our staffers were able to spend the holiday weekend with their friends/family.
Completely understandable.  Based on earlier posts I was thinking it would be up within the first few days of January.  For now, though, I'm just waiting for the price announcement.

kookiekween99

Oh, that makes sense. I sometimes forget that other people's schedules are as busy as mine. ^^;

Makise09

Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on December 27, 2011, 05:03:43 PM
Quote from: MPLe on December 27, 2011, 04:35:24 PM

Completely understandable.  Based on earlier posts I was thinking it would be up within the first few days of January.  For now, though, I'm just waiting for the price announcement.

Waiting for the same thing here, mostly to let my group know so they can give me their money.

But really, it'll be up when it's up. Aside from some worrying about raised costs or less time for pre registration before that price itself goes up, I guess I just don't personally understand why some people are so bothered by the delays. I want to register as soon as I can as well but I don't see the point in stressing over it.

Armored-Heart

So now that the announcement's up that pre-reg will open on Friday, is there any chance we can find out what's the deal with the price increase? If memory serves correct, usually the price is initially $45, not $50.
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

kookiekween99

Just got the tweet, and I was super excited until I saw that it would be $50.

chifunii

Quote from: Armored-Heart on December 31, 2011, 12:24:38 AM
So now that the announcement's up that pre-reg will open on Friday, is there any chance we can find out what's the deal with the price increase? If memory serves correct, usually the price is initially $45, not $50.

In the past prices increase every so often...
To reflect both inflation and expansion of Fanime's events and things.

*U* Though I already registered, I'm reminding all my friends it'll open on Friday. ;D
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Gigantor

To be honest I think they have been raising the price every year for the past few years.

But 50 is not too bad. That's about what I expect.

M

Quote from: Gigantor on December 31, 2011, 12:53:47 AM
To be honest I think they have been raising the price every year for the past few years.

I don't have the data to pull up, but I didn't think we raised it every year... Closer to every few years (3 or so?).

Gigantor

Quote from: MPLe on December 31, 2011, 03:00:20 AM

I don't have the data to pull up, but I didn't think we raised it every year... Closer to every few years (3 or so?).

I could very well be wrong, looking back I may be confusing the prices around between Pre-Reg and Early Reg.

Regardless, 50 is a very fair price and I am glad to have it up soon!

Thank you for your hard work this year and I look forward to 2012!

Armored-Heart

Ah, understandable then. I wasn't sure if it was something to do with the late pre-reg launch or what have you. c:
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

Dany

Quote from: Gigantor on December 31, 2011, 03:05:06 AM
Quote from: MPLe on December 31, 2011, 03:00:20 AM

I could very well be wrong, looking back I may be confusing the prices around between Pre-Reg and Early Reg.

Regardless, 50 is a very fair price and I am glad to have it up soon!

Thank you for your hard work this year and I look forward to 2012!

Indeed. A $5 increase? That's a trip to Starbucks, maybe a candy bar on top. If they went up $15 or $20, I'd be a bit more surprised. But I can easily live with giving Fanime an extra $10 (for two badges).

Let's keep it in perspective here: AX is $55 today, and will go up to $60 per person starting tomorrow.  SDCC is sitting at $150 dollars without preview night, $175 if you want to include preview night (assuming that you can even GET a badge because their registration system has sucked a million lollipops for at least the last two years or so).

Not a bad deal for a convention I can easily drive to and work only a stone's throw from :D
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon