Fanimaid 2012~

Started by PyronIkari, December 08, 2011, 10:29:19 PM

Jun-Watarase

Happy New Year, girls! Are you excited for FanimeCon 2012?!

Us Fanimaid Cafe staff are working hard to bring us upon a wonderful new year for all you fans, maids, and general attendees to enjoy! We are currently working on setting up to send out official try-out dates to all of you, but unfortunately, they are somewhat late due to some unforeseen circumstances. We ask that everyone could be kind and patient as we try our best to get these dates out to you.

As for veteran maids, we will also be sending out acceptance emails for girls who are invited back to Fanimaid Cafe from the previous year sometime this week. Those who are invited back are not required to attend the try-outs, but are encouraged to stop by and help out our new recruits!

If you wish to try-out, please refer to the general requirements listed on this page: http://www.fanime.com/exhibits/fanimaid-cafe/tryout-information/

If you wish to be put on the Fanimaid 2012 mailing list, please email [email protected] All updates will be archived in posts on this thread, so keep your eyes peeled for updates.

We will be sending out information on the first try-out date within this week, so stay tuned!

- Jun
Head of Fanimaid Cafe, 2012

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Kpmonkeygirl

Thank you very much! I can't wait! I have a question though. It DID say not to buy the uniform yet, but when we can, where do we by it? Is there a certain place, or could we buy it anywhere?

Thank you very much for your hard work! ^.^
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

Kpmonkeygirl

Are there any dances we should know? Or would be useful to learn?

PyronIkari

Uniforms can be purchased anywhere as long as it is approved by staff first. As for dances you need to know or ill be useful? None specifically. Any you want to learn will help overall but none are required.

Kpmonkeygirl

Okay, thank you very much!

Kpmonkeygirl

Quote from: PyronIkari on January 13, 2012, 01:00:42 AM
Uniforms can be purchased anywhere as long as it is approved by staff first. As for dances you need to know or ill be useful? None specifically. Any you want to learn will help overall but none are required.

Thank you, but how do I know if it is approved? Is there a form?

MaraKurohi

Haha, I'd try but I'm not girly enough. Cutesy is an understatement with me. If there's any room for the kick-ass girl trying to act not cute, then sure. Otherwise I'd bite my own tongue if I can't play the tough girl who is cute but acts like she isn't. At the VERY least man! Variation and uniqueness~ xD
Cosplay:
Ramona Flowers
I do skate. Usually every Sun@GGP in SF<3
I'm still learning.
So sad though. No rollerblades indoors at the con</3
W/Skates ON:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/540398_3656188850591_1450681984_3056903_1283828432_n.jpg

Fapel

If we end up volunteering with Fanimaid Cafe, how many hours would we volunteer a day? I want to table with my friend in the Artist Alley too so if I miraculously get to be a part of Fanimaid Cafe, I'd like to know how many hours she'd have to be alone. ;~;

Kpmonkeygirl

Quote from: MaraKurohi on January 14, 2012, 12:54:04 AM
Haha, I'd try but I'm not girly enough. Cutesy is an understatement with me. If there's any room for the kick-ass girl trying to act not cute, then sure. Otherwise I'd bite my own tongue if I can't play the tough girl who is cute but acts like she isn't. At the VERY least man! Variation and uniqueness~ xD

O.O Are you really like that? Tough? Really? O.O Honto?

PyronIkari

Quote from: Kpmonkeygirl on January 13, 2012, 06:50:00 PM
After you are accepted as a maid, you email us the uniform you would like to purchase/design and we tell you whether or not it's approved.

Quote from: Fapel on January 14, 2012, 01:00:42 AM
If we end up volunteering with Fanimaid Cafe, how many hours would we volunteer a day? I want to table with my friend in the Artist Alley too so if I miraculously get to be a part of Fanimaid Cafe, I'd like to know how many hours she'd have to be alone. ;~;

Total is about 10 hours through out the weekend. Roughly 4 1/2 hours sat and sun, and a mandatory meeting that lasts about an hour.

Kpmonkeygirl

Kpmonkeygirl

Quote from: PyronIkari on January 14, 2012, 05:33:04 PM
Quote from: Kpmonkeygirl on January 13, 2012, 06:50:00 PM
After you are accepted as a maid, you email us the uniform you would like to purchase/design and we tell you whether or not it's approved.

Quote from: Fapel on January 14, 2012, 01:00:42 AM

Total is about 10 hours through out the weekend. Roughly 4 1/2 hours sat and sun, and a mandatory meeting that lasts about an hour.

But when I look at the videos on youtube, they seem to all be the same uniform, just sometimes different colors!

Kpmonkeygirl

I know that we don't buy our uniforms yet, but I was curious, where do you guys buy them? Everywhere I look they cost a lot! Like 100$ O.O

(Sorry if I ask too many questions.......>.>)

TiffanyF

Hoping I can answer your questions,

@Kpmonkeygirl: There are many cheaper costumes on places like Bodyline and Cosmates. Some girls also made their costumes. However there are guidelines on costumes to give it uniformity such as the color (having to be white and black) and such. These things are going to be explained at the meeting so I wouldn't worry about costumes until you're sure that you're in the cafe (you will have plenty of time to order them after you get them approved) so dont worry about it too much~

Kpmonkeygirl

Oh, I am just curious! That is all! But thanks for answering my question! ^.^ Have you been a maid before?

TiffanyF

No problem.

And yes, I have been a maid before, I joined in last year.

Kpmonkeygirl

What is it like? If it is not too much of a trouble, could you tell me in every detail you can? I am really curious about this maid thing. ^.^  ;D

TiffanyF

@kpmonkeygirl: Sent an email since I did not want to clutter this forum. Hope that answered your questions!

Kpmonkeygirl

It did very well! Thank you very much!

Kamonohashi

@TiffanyF: Actually, I'm very curious as well.  Would it really be clutter to post it here?  If so, though, could you email me as well?

I was also wondering about the personality issue a little.  Is it encouraged to have a unique personality/attraction-factor (think: tsundere, tomboy, mature, etc.) or is it preferred that we stick to the classic moe ideal?  Sorry if this is something I shouldn't be asking about.