New People Mall in San Francisco

Started by xkuramaxhieix, December 31, 2011, 03:25:34 PM

xkuramaxhieix

I've never been there, and I'm just now thinking about going to that mall sometime next week. Is it worth going to and what is there to see? I've tried looking for info online, but I haven't found anything helpful.

If not, what malls in japantown would you recommend going to for anime/manga/music related stuff besides Kinokuniya?

P.S. If this is the wrong board, whoops, my bad and please move it to the appropriate board.

CobaltTempest

New People has quite a bit of the things you're looking for. You can also check out Japan Video and Media, Japantown Collectibles, and jpnToys. You can also try Taiyo-Do Record Shop for older titles.
Facebook | World Cosplay

Kujo Jotaro - "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure"
Kiryƫin Satsuki - "Kill La Kill"
Champion Cynthia - Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

xkuramaxhieix

I just want to make sure it's worth going to. I'm bringing my whole family with me, and if it's not all that it was hyped up to be, I'd rather know in advance and discreetly take my family somewhere else without them realizing the difference.

Where are these places that you recommended? Also, how is Kintetsu Mall, if you happen to know? I've only been to Japantown once and that was like four years ago or something.

chifunii

I've been there multiple times (to buy things that I've had my eyes on forever), but it's a really small place for a mall, so while I think it's cool to go there and poke around, it's not worth it to make a whole trip just for NEW PEOPLE. But since Kintetsu mall (the one with Kinokuniya in it) is right across the street, go there too. There are multiple sections of the mall, but the one with Kinokuniya is the most interesting/worth your time. The crepes are good--there are two places, but I like Sophie's Crepes more. It's right next to Kinokuniya so you can't miss it.

newpeopleworld[dot]com should have some info on the NEW PEOPLE building (in case you hadn't seen it yet)
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

xkuramaxhieix

G.I.R

I'm Going to San Francisco in a few weeks.  I'll have to check this out.

AriChii

It's a pretty small place but they have a lot of cool stuff.
I don't think it's worth a whole trip unless you're a dying BABY or h.NAOTO fan.
They also have an Angelic Pretty and BPN store somewhere else in SF [/forgot where but..]

TofuHopper

The AP and BPN store is on Kearny and Geary :D ;-; love that place to bits xp