Is Musicfest still happening on 2012?

Started by ayaminamino, January 01, 2012, 07:26:33 PM

ayaminamino

I was wondering is Musicfest still going on 2012? Cuz I didn't see it shows up on the website.....
~Aya~>.<!!!

CobaltTempest

From what I know, that information, along with any guests of honors or confirmed panels, is not uploaded onto the website until at least 2 months after registration opens. With that said, it would not make any sense for Fanime to put an end to MusicFest, and seeing that registration opened up much later than before, it wouldn't be surprising if such announcements are made within a couple of weeks from Friday.
Facebook | World Cosplay

Kujo Jotaro - "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure"
Kiryūin Satsuki - "Kill La Kill"
Champion Cynthia - Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

M

Quote from: CobaltTempest on January 01, 2012, 11:11:58 PM
From what I know, that information, along with any guests of honors or confirmed panels, is not uploaded onto the website until at least 2 months after registration opens. With that said, it would not make any sense for Fanime to put an end to MusicFest, and seeing that registration opened up much later than before, it wouldn't be surprising if such announcements are made within a couple of weeks from Friday.
We normally make announcements as guests after guests are finalized. If MusicFest weren't planned on happening at FanimeCon 2012, I'd be shocked. :P
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

candyfields

I still have heard no announcements of musical guests and I was going to attend as press so long as there is music/fashion content for me to cover. since i live in NY. I have to plan these things ahead. this is not good at all >.> ???

M

Quote from: candyfields on March 14, 2012, 01:18:00 AM
I still have heard no announcements of musical guests and I was going to attend as press so long as there is music/fashion content for me to cover. since i live in NY. I have to plan these things ahead. this is not good at all >.> ???
There will be a MusicFest. Unfortunately, most announcements are (normally) delayed by discussion and contracts. :(

zero209

anyone heard who is performing this year?

Angelx624

Quote from: zero209 on April 13, 2012, 01:34:58 PM
anyone heard who is performing this year?
I'm sure they'll announce it on the main site, when they have Music Fest guests.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

shellysunfish

It's going to be a quit a small
MusicFest without any guest!  >:(
Fanime is about a mouth away,
yet no music guest announced?

zero209

yeah a little worried but at the same time they do something great every year. i'm more curious now of who is coming if it's taking this long to announce.  ;D

eralston

Quote from: zero209 on April 19, 2012, 11:18:34 AM
yeah a little worried but at the same time they do something great every year. i'm more curious now of who is coming if it's taking this long to announce.  ;D

I checked my emails from last year and at this date there had been no international guests announced. We got the website launched much earlier this year which makes it seem like guest announcements are taking longer this year but they are in line with years past.
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

Angelx624

Quote from: eralston on April 19, 2012, 12:07:11 PM
Quote from: zero209 on April 19, 2012, 11:18:34 AM

I checked my emails from last year and at this date there had been no international guests announced. We got the website launched much earlier this year which makes it seem like guest announcements are taking longer this year but they are in line with years past.
Yuya Matsushita was announced at the beginning of March, last year..... :O
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

eralston

Ah my mistake. I should have looked for the individual guests rather than going through my archive.
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

Angelx624

Quote from: eralston on April 19, 2012, 02:24:38 PM
Ah my mistake. I should have looked for the individual guests rather than going through my archive.
Tis ok. xDD I just remember that cause I remember how freaking excited and happy I was when finding out they got him as a guest. 8DD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

OtakuMcGreevy

Quote from: Angelx624 on April 19, 2012, 05:01:26 PM
Quote from: eralston on April 19, 2012, 02:24:38 PM
Tis ok. xDD I just remember that cause I remember how freaking excited and happy I was when finding out they got him as a guest. 8DD
Same here XD

M

Quote from: eralston on April 19, 2012, 02:24:38 PMAh my mistake. I should have looked for the individual guests rather than going through my archive.
This is funny to me because you're one of the few staffers that know about guests right before we announce them. :D

(There's only a handful that know ahead of time.)

echoshadow

Well if it was like last year, everything would be annouced the start of May, maybe the last days of April.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

ewu

Quote from: echoshadow on April 19, 2012, 06:55:45 PM
Well if it was like last year, everything would be annouced the start of May, maybe the last days of April.

As MPLe said, each year differs. If we brought back the same guests and everything was the same, then maybe...but then that would be a boring con:) We are endeavoring to let you all know as soon as a new guest is confirmed, but things are always changing.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Freeden

Well, that's a bit comforting. I hate the anticipation of not knowing, but that little update is helpful. I am hoping to see something by next week or the beginning of May. Either way, only about a month away. So excited!

M

Quote from: Freeden on April 19, 2012, 09:14:55 PM
Well, that's a bit comforting. I hate the anticipation of not knowing, but that little update is helpful. I am hoping to see something by next week or the beginning of May. Either way, only about a month away. So excited!
*Looks at press release drafts*
*closes window and smiles*

Soon!

Angelx624

Quote from: MPLe on April 19, 2012, 10:47:25 PM
Quote from: Freeden on April 19, 2012, 09:14:55 PM
*Looks at press release drafts*
*closes window and smiles*

Soon!

O____________________________O

So.......... it all comes down to this. Well, I'll try to contain my excitement over the next few days, but, I'm just really anxious and am dying to know wh-- *Takes a deep breath* Must.... calm.... down...... and..... prepare......
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)