Is Musicfest still happening on 2012?

Started by ayaminamino, January 01, 2012, 07:26:33 PM

Navashuryn

Personally, I don't really care who is coming as much. The instant I made the commitment to register for the weekend, I became determined to enjoy it all as much as I can. Yes, I am eager to find out who is coming, but I am still going to come no matter what. That being said, everybody has to keep in mind that the people running Fanime are most likely also running Clockwork Alchemy, which has a lot of stuff going on as well. There is also a GoH announced for that, too, so... in a way, that makes two guests for Fanime? :D That's the kind of attitude I'm going to adopt for it, anyways, lol.

Freeden

Perhaps I sounded as if I am entirely relying on musicfest guests to enjoy Fanime. I'm not. I am going to for several reasons, not the least of which is that Fanime is a bit of a tradition and that I am local. But I would lie if I said the guests weren't important to me. I still have faith in Fanime, sure, but it's disheartening to see all these other cons around the same time get their guests, and big name guests I might add, and still have almost nothing from Fanime. And to keep hearing soon, and yet get nothing, it feels like a big tease. As I have stated previously in another thread, Fanime is a big con and that comes with big expectations. These kinds of things lower those expectations, and that isn't something I want to have with Fanime.

InsaneChan

Sigh...I feel it's not worth mentioning how anxious this situation is, as I'm sure Fanime is well aware of the date. Things happen, sure, and it can't be easy to deal with all of the complaints while there's a convention to be happening in a month's time. But I do share the extremely high anxiety the rest of the people in this thread seem to be dealing with =_= it's very disappointing to still have no word of anything. I know Fanime is still working very hard though, so I'm trying to remain optimistic. I hope this delay does mean that, in fact, a very big guest is coming ><
Love. Life. fANIME.

punk_parfait

I don't feel Fanime is too terribly late but then again I'm not the sort to get convention news right away. Someone explained to me once a convention is on the artist's time, not the other way around. The guests could be taking their sweet time for all we know, in that case, Fanime's hands are tied. I'm not sure, but this is a good event and they've not disappointed in the past. I'm sorry everyone is getting so nervous!

Mango Bunny

I wouldn't be so anxious if we had more than guest announced. It's not even that I'm thinking "Fanime didn't get anyone!" because, well duh, of course they had to.

It's just making me anxious for the sake of anxiety, and I'm starting to imagine/daydream all these huge music guests. If they do get someone BIG, then it might be good that it's announced late so I get a better place in the concert.

xdeath_bunnyx

Quote from: Mango Bunny on April 30, 2012, 06:53:20 AM
I wouldn't be so anxious if we had more than guest announced. It's not even that I'm thinking "Fanime didn't get anyone!" because, well duh, of course they had to.

It's just making me anxious for the sake of anxiety, and I'm starting to imagine/daydream all these huge music guests. If they do get someone BIG, then it might be good that it's announced late so I get a better place in the concert.

LOL seats in the concert are first come first serve it's not like we buy the specific seats...>____>;;

chifunii

Quote from: xdeath_bunnyx on April 30, 2012, 09:29:25 PM

LOL seats in the concert are first come first serve it's not like we buy the specific seats...>____>;;

I think they meant lining up earlier (as opposed to later) to get a better seat...
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Angelx624

I've been imagining big guests, too. xDDD Especially Versailles. Since, well, they're the ones I want the most out of ANYONE. ;AAA;" But, that's just me and my high hopes/dreams. T____T"
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

shellysunfish

It's now May 1st, so we'll see how these next
few days plays out. If they don't have a music
guest by the 11th, then my friends and I might
not going to FanimeCon this year.  >:(
You have 11 days to win us back Fanime!
The ball's in your court now.

Mango Bunny

Quote from: chifunii on April 30, 2012, 09:40:03 PM

I think they meant lining up earlier (as opposed to later) to get a better seat...

This.

Either way though, the same principle would have applied. More people want to go (/people who only come for that guest) = harder to get in.

Angelx624

Quote from: Mango Bunny on May 01, 2012, 06:35:36 AM
Quote from: chifunii on April 30, 2012, 09:40:03 PM

This.

Either way though, the same principle would have applied. More people want to go (/people who only come for that guest) = harder to get in.

That is true. o.o Though I know that many more people will be going to Fanime this year, due to two cons moving down south. :c Hence, more people in line for Music Fest. >.<;;

Either way, though, I won't be able to line up til about 4 PM, with the Panty & Stocking gathering being at 3 on that day. ;A; Oh well.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

xdeath_bunnyx

There's only a little over three weeks left until fanime! I wonder if they will have two concerts this year again...?

Angelx624

That's a good question. :O With the Masquerade being on Sunday, I know it won't be on that day, or one of the concerts if they have more than one. XDD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

xdeath_bunnyx

Hmm I hope they'll have two again this year hahahaha >D

M

MusicFest is set for Saturday.

Plan A = GoH to perform. Plan B = Our Guest Relations and MusicFest departments will perform.

If Plan B happens, you are free to attack at will (just be sure not to mess up the venue) =)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

GTK

"Hold esteem and animate"
"Respect to anime"
Momoi- Sunday Early Morning

Angelx624

Thanks for updating us! ^^ I figured it was gonna be on Saturday, again. :3
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

shellysunfish

Quote from: MPLe on May 02, 2012, 03:36:01 AM

Plan A = GoH to perform. Plan B = Our Guest Relations and MusicFest departments will perform.

If Plan B happens, you are free to attack at will (just be sure not to mess up the venue) =)
Nice to hear that there will be music guest.
Are you going to start announcing them next week?

M

Quote from: shellysunfish on May 02, 2012, 06:09:16 AMNice to hear that there will be music guest.
Are you going to start announcing them next week?
We are going to announce them as soon as we can.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

kookiekween99

Quote from: MPLe on May 02, 2012, 03:36:01 AM

Actually, Plan B sounds more entertaining to me. :D
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14