Lines on Day 0

Started by Tiffyspiffy, January 08, 2012, 02:13:46 PM

KyraEnsui

Quote from: MidnightPrincess94 on February 09, 2012, 05:06:40 PM
i plan on going on friday cuz i have skool earlier, and plan on goin sumwhere round evening time? how would the lines be during thn??

Give or take, it would be the same since almost everyone would be out of school by then and I think registration closes a bit later in the evening. Just wait until they have their times up as the con gets closer.

It's best to keep yourself entertain while in line because it flies quicker.

Makise09

The last two years that I've picked up badges for my group we got there around 12-ish on Friday and the lines only took maybe 30 minutes the first year, last year I got almost straight through and only spent time waiting while the insanely polite girl who was working found all of our badges.(Seriously, reg staff is awesome, I've always had a good experience with them as long as your polite as well) Plus, generally my group splits up between checking into the hotel and unloading cars, while two of us pick up badges. Cuts down on time a lot that way.

OtakuMcGreevy

Last year9since it was our first con and we didn't know how long the lines would be) we went around 6, and we got out somewhere between 8-8:30. If you get there when the line starts moving(I believe it starts around 5), it should be closer to around 1 1/2-2 hours. If you come earlier than that, then it's even shorter.

persiandragon

Is the line indoor or will some be outside?

AbsolutelyCursed

ewu

the line briefly went outside...but it was only out there for 15 min...and the wait from that point is like 4 hours and we usually dont have such a long line.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Eurobeat King

Since I have to wait in-line this year (last year because I was selling in the Swap Meet, I was able to get my badge there on Thursday night) I'll be there earrrrrly Thursday morning.  :)  Perhaps at 8am if not earlier.
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

Navashuryn

Quote from: Eurobeat King on May 01, 2012, 11:54:32 AM
Since I have to wait in-line this year (last year because I was selling in the Swap Meet, I was able to get my badge there on Thursday night) I'll be there earrrrrly Thursday morning.  :)  Perhaps at 8am if not earlier.
I'm pretty sure that the pre-reg lines don't open until 4pm on Thursday... The times were listed in the announcement for Early Registration. If you meant Friday, then okay. But definitely showing up at 8am on Thursday wouldn't really do anything for ya.

Eurobeat King

Quote from: Navashuryn on May 02, 2012, 12:02:36 AM
I'm pretty sure that the pre-reg lines don't open until 4pm on Thursday... The times were listed in the announcement for Early Registration. If you meant Friday, then okay. But definitely showing up at 8am on Thursday wouldn't really do anything for ya.

They haven't posted the hours yet for Thursday, have they?  4:00pm is rather late, considering that I need to get my badge and then prepare for the Swap Meet which is over at the Fairmont, and set-up begins at 6:00pm.  The sooner I get my badge the easier I can relax a little, so being in line early will help.  And I'm sure there will be people waiting in line on Thursday at maybe 9:00am.

Navashuryn

Quote from: Eurobeat King on May 02, 2012, 01:37:49 AM

They haven't posted the hours yet for Thursday, have they?  4:00pm is rather late, considering that I need to get my badge and then prepare for the Swap Meet which is over at the Fairmont, and set-up begins at 6:00pm.  The sooner I get my badge the easier I can relax a little, so being in line early will help.  And I'm sure there will be people waiting in line on Thursday at maybe 9:00am.
If you look at the Announcement page, it lists all the days/times for those days.
And it definitely says:
QuoteRegistration Hours for FanimeCon 2012
Thursday: 4 PM – 8 PM*
And I'm just not even sure if they'll allow you to get in line that much early... You could try, but they might just make you move along. ^_^;;;

kookiekween99

Quote from: Navashuryn on May 02, 2012, 02:46:03 AM

If you look at the Announcement page, it lists all the days/times for those days.
And it definitely says:
QuoteRegistration Hours for FanimeCon 2012
And I'm just not even sure if they'll allow you to get in line that much early... You could try, but they might just make you move along. ^_^;;;
Crap, just noticed that Reg is opening an hour earlier than last year. Because of school, I can't get there until about 4, which was fine when Reg didn't open until 5, but now I'm worried I'll have to wait in a really long line...

Hypothetical situation: My boyfriend and his brother arrive around 3ish (or earlier) and get in line. I arrive at 4ish. Would I be allowed to be in line with boyfriend, or would I have to wait in line alone? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but... it couldn't hurt to ask, right? ^^;
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Eurobeat King

Quote from: Navashuryn on May 02, 2012, 02:46:03 AMRegistration Hours for FanimeCon 2012

Thanks for the info.  If the staff gets those yellow-tape lines set-up early they will probably let people start to line-up.  I haven't waited in-line since 2010, and when I got there around 10am there were already a good amount of people in-line.  I recall pre-reg. opened at 3:00pm that year.  4:00pm (to me) seems rather late to be starting pre-reg.   :-\

Omegax0

QuoteHypothetical situation: My boyfriend and his brother arrive around 3ish (or earlier) and get in line. I arrive at 4ish. Would I be allowed to be in line with boyfriend, or would I have to wait in line alone? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but... it couldn't hurt to ask, right? ^^;

As much as I would like to be able to say yes, the answer would be no. If we did allow it, that would set the precedent for everyone to just join their friend/bf/gf and defeat the purpose of the line (First come, first serve).
Graveyard Rover since '09

kookiekween99

Quote from: Omegax0 on May 02, 2012, 08:22:09 PM
QuoteHypothetical situation: My boyfriend and his brother arrive around 3ish (or earlier) and get in line. I arrive at 4ish. Would I be allowed to be in line with boyfriend, or would I have to wait in line alone? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but... it couldn't hurt to ask, right? ^^;

As much as I would like to be able to say yes, the answer would be no. If we did allow it, that would set the precedent for everyone to just join their friend/bf/gf and defeat the purpose of the line (First come, first serve).

I figured. Well, I'll just have to convince him to wait for me then.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Arkham

They haven't posted the hours yet for Thursday, have they?  4:00pm is rather late, considering that I need to get my badge and then prepare for the Swap Meet which is over at the Fairmont, and set-up begins at 6:00pm.  The sooner I get my badge the easier I can relax a little, so being in line early will help.  And I'm sure there will be people waiting in line on Thursday at maybe 9:00am.

If I recall correctly, those who signed up for the Swap Meet pick up their badges at the Swap Meet, instead of having to wait in line... Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh well, I was wrong.
--Arkham : The Blackened Hatter

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: Arkham on May 03, 2012, 10:34:16 AM
If I recall correctly, those who signed up for the Swap Meet pick up their badges at the Swap Meet, instead of having to wait in line... Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Last year was the first year they did that. Too many people didnt know what was going on and waited in the wrong line. Doubtful they'll do it again.

Sen

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on May 03, 2012, 10:51:21 AM
Quote from: Arkham on May 03, 2012, 10:34:16 AM
Last year was the first year they did that. Too many people didnt know what was going on and waited in the wrong line. Doubtful they'll do it again.

Sorry but it will not be done again this year!
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Tsu

Has anyone experienced the Friday morning lines in recent years? How bad are they in comparison to the recent Thursday/Day 0 lines? I'm planning to be there when the line starts moving Friday but I have an event to be at by 12... I'm hoping it doesn't take 4 hours to get through?  ???
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

Omegax0

Quote from: foester on May 10, 2012, 10:34:14 PM
Has anyone experienced the Friday morning lines in recent years? How bad are they in comparison to the recent Thursday/Day 0 lines? I'm planning to be there when the line starts moving Friday but I have an event to be at by 12... I'm hoping it doesn't take 4 hours to get through?  ???

It would depend on how early you mean by 'morning'. There are people who are already lining up at around 3am or so, and the main crowd starts coming in around 6-7.
Graveyard Rover since '09

Tsu

I mean "when the line actually opens"- I see no point in waiting around for 2-5 hours before the line even opens to "save time" by being close to the front when it does. But I'm gathering from what you're saying that if one joins in @ 8 the line tends to already be pretty heinous.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019