Lines on Day 0

Started by Tiffyspiffy, January 08, 2012, 02:13:46 PM

Tiffyspiffy

How long are the lines for Pre-reg on Day 0? How early do you have to get there?

Lucifargundam

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Dr Mario

Bring a book.......and a back up book for when you finish the first.
Solving all your fevers and chills since 1990.

Kyra_Maverick

The line doesn't actually start to move until 5pm or so when registration actually opens. The earlier you line up the longer you wait. As long as you're in line by 4:30 or 5 I think you'll be fine.

OGIGA

If you're into waiting in line for pre-reg badge pickup, come on day 0. On day 1, I got my badge in 5 minutes.

M

Quote from: OGIGA on January 11, 2012, 07:45:50 PMIf you're into waiting in line for pre-reg badge pickup, come on day 0. On day 1, I got my badge in 5 minutes.

It really depends on when you arrive. If you arrive later in the evening (before Reg closes, of course), the lines generally have had time to shrink considerably.

Sidenote: I should have a Marketing staffer make a Twitter account that posts live updates to the reg line. :P
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Tsu

Quote from: MPLe on January 12, 2012, 12:40:05 AM
Quote from: OGIGA on January 11, 2012, 07:45:50 PMIf you're into waiting in line for pre-reg badge pickup, come on day 0. On day 1, I got my badge in 5 minutes.

It really depends on when you arrive. If you arrive later in the evening (before Reg closes, of course), the lines generally have had time to shrink considerably.

Sidenote: I should have a Marketing staffer make a Twitter account that posts live updates to the reg line. :P

Of course, warnings abounded last time that the whole line might not get serviced if you got into line before pick-up ended but weren't at the front by the time pick-up ended.

The only thing that's a bummer about going in with the shorter line on Day 1 is that you miss out on Day 0 fun stuff. I sort of wish the people at the doors would unofficially OK you to enter things if you just showed them your registration print-out and ID... I realize that could be abused, but bleh. It's a drag.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

ewu

Quote from: foester on January 12, 2012, 03:08:01 AM
Of course, warnings abounded last time that the whole line might not get serviced if you got into line before pick-up ended but weren't at the front by the time pick-up ended.

IIRC, we cut off the line at closing...aka no one could get in line after closing but we cleared the line.....however, the staff was registering people until well after closing and we also had to clean up and lock up..... It's always hard to get staff on thurs night and those that show up are some of the most dedicated reg staffers we have......dont want them burning out before the con has even started.

So like last time, we will make a judgment call and if you show up too close to closing, the decision may result in you walking away unregistered...

However, last year, Thursday events were unbadged. I have not heard if we are doing that again this year or not, but its likely that it will be the same. So, you may be able to enjoy the con thurs night and then register your membership come friday when reg opens....[still long lines :( ]
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Dany

My opinion/experience only:

Depends on whether you want to wait before or after the door opens. Waiting will happen either way, so it's a matter of timing.

Show up early, and you get out early, as once the line starts to move it will move slowly, but steadily. Show up later and you get out later, and depending on how much later you show you may not get in at all.

I have shown up between 2 and 4 on average, and the line is usually about 3/4 full in the first section, preparing to be broken to the second section. I would not show up later than about 5:30 if I could all help it, but that is my personal guideline based on how quickly things start piling into the adjacent hallway around 4:45 or so.
Do bring a book/tablet/portable game thingy/knitting/etc to keep you busy, or bring a few pre-registered friends.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

TC X0 Lt 0X

Yeah what the others said. It is best to bring entertainment and a friend to chat with. Or you can chat with your neighbors. A Deck of Playing Cards is good for being social with others in the Line.
Per Usual I will be running a DS Pictochat room in PreReg Line, so hit me up and bring your DS. If we are lucky Trooper will bring his R4 with Mariokart and stuff and we can have some races on that and stuff.

*Shivers* I remember now. I encountered X on DS Pictochat last year. He's gon' give it to ya.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Steve.Young

Follow me @SociallyLegit and I'll post line updates on registration, concerts, black and white ball, etc.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

M

Quote from: Steve.Young on January 25, 2012, 01:38:19 PM

Follow me @SociallyLegit and I'll post line updates on registration, concerts, black and white ball, etc.

*ahem* We have a staffer that will be handling that. >=\
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Maskenlav

The lines tend to inch forward every 30 minutes haha like many said above me it depends on the time you get there. In the thursday morning it IS a drag cause everyone's there like black-friday campers LOL but later in the day like in the afternoon it'll be maybe half of the morning line. Come on thursday in the afternoon you won't miss out on meeting others or gatherings cause it'll be a quiet day. BUT if you have to come the next day come in the morning of Friday EARLY so you won't miss out :D
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: Maskenlav on January 27, 2012, 12:04:35 AM
The lines tend to inch forward every 30 minutes haha like many said above me it depends on the time you get there. In the thursday morning it IS a drag cause everyone's there like black-friday campers LOL but later in the day like in the afternoon it'll be maybe half of the morning line. Come on thursday in the afternoon you won't miss out on meeting others or gatherings cause it'll be a quiet day. BUT if you have to come the next day come in the morning of Friday EARLY so you won't miss out :D
Don't come Thursday morning, you'll just be in peoples way and wasting your time. Thursday afternoon is a much more reasonable time to line up because the line isn't going to move an inch until Registration actually opens.

Suiseiseki

Does anyone know what time the pre-reg badge pickup ends?
Our train doesn't arrive until 8:50pm. I highly doubt they're still going to be open at 9pm, but I was just curious.

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Suiseiseki on January 31, 2012, 08:19:11 PM
Our train doesn't arrive until 8:50pm. I highly doubt they're still going to be open at 9pm, but I was just curious.

From what I remember last year's time, it was until 8pm.

OtakuMcGreevy

I waited about two hours last year. Word of advice: BRING POKEMON. My friend and I were standing in line, bored, as everyone else was flying around on their Charizards

Tsubasakissu

Im going to be there 10AM because we check in early ;w;

MidnightPrincess94

i plan on going on friday cuz i have skool earlier, and plan on goin sumwhere round evening time? how would the lines be during thn??

Suiseiseki

Quote from: KyraEnsui on February 01, 2012, 07:24:12 AM
Quote from: Suiseiseki on January 31, 2012, 08:19:11 PM

From what I remember last year's time, it was until 8pm.

Aw man, one hour off from possibly making it :( Thanks anyways. Maybe we'll just go early Friday.