About Stage Zero

Started by Motoko, January 11, 2012, 03:29:24 PM

Motoko

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this topic, but just wanted to ask about something.
I'm not sure about Stage Zero and what they do?
I know from all the years I've been going to Fanime that they do live stuff and show AMV's and have some games and such going on.
Is there a list or something that details what all that Stage Zero does?
I know it's kind of an odd question to ask but I kind of would like to know if that's alright.
Thanks all~

M

I've moved this to the correct forum. I would prefer that someone from Stage Zero answer this question, but if no one does, I'll be back to answer it tomorrow. :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Motoko

Thanks MPLe.
Actually I can't find where you moved this to in terms of the correct forum.
So perhaps I need to be pointed to where you moved this to?
I really can't find it...
But thanks if you can answer my questions if no one else does.
I appreciate it~
Looking forward to hearing from you.

chifunii

It's been moved here...

FanimeCon 2012 Forums > FanimeCon Events and Discussionmentarianism > Live Programming and Events > About Stage Zero

Regarding original topic,
I'm actually rather curious too...Looking forward to the answer. xD
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

M

Stage Zero started out as an area where our members can go to enjoy "random" (not sure if that is the correct word) content in-between other events. Over the years, Stage Zero has gone from this to (essentially) another programming "room". Their programming can and is literally random content that varies from year-to-year with only a few programming slots staying consistent (Opening Ceremonies, being one).

Motoko

I think I also saw some people performing on there as well.
I assume this is part of their "random" events too?
Or can people ask to do something on stage?
And thanks for responding. =)
This helps me get an idea of how it kind of is like for that place.
I do know they show AMV's as well.
I think I did ask some administration about a performance and they asked if it were to be on stage zero as an option.
So I think that's also part of it?
Hence why I was asking about people doing stuff on stage.

M

Quote from: Motoko on January 13, 2012, 11:06:31 AM
I think I also saw some people performing on there as well.
I assume this is part of their "random" events too?
Or can people ask to do something on stage?
And thanks for responding. =)
This helps me get an idea of how it kind of is like for that place.
I do know they show AMV's as well.
I think I did ask some administration about a performance and they asked if it were to be on stage zero as an option.
So I think that's also part of it?
Hence why I was asking about people doing stuff on stage.
This is where I am not so sure about...

Stuff (including performances) on stage can fall into several categories: 1) Events by our staff (and/or Maid Cafe), 2) Events by our guests, 3) some panels that would fit best on Stage Zero.

It is 3 that I'm most unsure about, but it doesn't hurt to e-mail them and ask them (their e-mail is stagezero at fanime.com).

The Dude

You know . . . that's a good question.  :) Thank you Motoko for asking.

Originally the idea or premise for Stage Zero was to be many things.

• First and foremost a location that would keep con-goers up to date on event's and changes as they happen.
  • A place for entertainment, social interaction, and audience participation.
  • A location for promotion of other events happening at the con.
  • A place for performances that would like to perform outside of the confines of a panel room or performance room.

Now if you look at that list and then look at Stage Zero in the past you might notice some discrepancies. I will be the first to admit over the years we have lost our way and forgot the main reason we were allowed to be a part of Fanime. We are here to keep everyone in the know about schedule changes, cancelations, big and small events, etc. I know allot of people will look at Stage Zero and say that it seems to be only a performance stage, and I guess you would be right. This year I hope to change things I am putting a much greater focus on the events happening in and around the convention and keeping you the attendees informed when things change around. This is a bit of trick when we have over 50 different departments and each one is running at a mad dash to try and keep your experience seamless and flawless.

I hope that this year we are able to achieve our original intentions and utilize our location and technology to better serve all attendees of Fanime.

- Sean Barber
Co-Head Stage Zero
Stage Zero, Manager & Director
Fanime Music Vid Director
Any Questions or Comments send to [email protected]

Mr. Wendell

I'm glad I clicked Preview before I posted, because I just saw what my honorable co-head wrote.

To which I reiterate and reply "What Barber said." ^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

Motoko

@ Mr. Wendell and The Dude

Thanks a lot you guys~
I realize that after all the years I've went to Fanime, I've noticed Stage Zero for quite some time but never really knowing what it does.
Thank you for clarifying for me.
The reason I'm was asking was because I wanted to make sure it could be a possible location for my team to perform on, IF we don't get accepted into masquerade.
Which by the way, I've been emailing Alice and Julia, but getting no response about my request for a demo (demo = opening act).
Since they initially asked in a previous email if it was for masquerade, stage zero or a demo somewhere else, I wanted to make sure that Stage Zero is an open option.
Of course we would like to aim for Masquerade...since there is something behind our request.

Do you think I should wait to ask again (to Julia & Alice) about Masquerade?
Seems they're really really busy with it...
But now that I know Stage Zero's premise, I think I would probably stop by more often~
I have a question that I will pm you guys personally, either one of you can address it as well.
Thanks again~
Hope this post helped other people know what it's about too~

M

Quote from: Motoko on January 16, 2012, 09:44:04 AM
@ Mr. Wendell and The Dude

Thanks a lot you guys~
I realize that after all the years I've went to Fanime, I've noticed Stage Zero for quite some time but never really knowing what it does.
Thank you for clarifying for me.
The reason I'm was asking was because I wanted to make sure it could be a possible location for my team to perform on, IF we don't get accepted into masquerade.
Which by the way, I've been emailing Alice and Julia, but getting no response about my request for a demo (demo = opening act).
Since they initially asked in a previous email if it was for masquerade, stage zero or a demo somewhere else, I wanted to make sure that Stage Zero is an open option.
Of course we would like to aim for Masquerade...since there is something behind our request.

Do you think I should wait to ask again (to Julia & Alice) about Masquerade?
Seems they're really really busy with it...
But now that I know Stage Zero's premise, I think I would probably stop by more often~
I have a question that I will pm you guys personally, either one of you can address it as well.
Thanks again~
Hope this post helped other people know what it's about too~
Julia is kind of busy with life right now, but I'll be sure to pass on the word at this Saturday's meeting to her. However, I think the opening act for Masquerade is already booked (I'll be confirming that this weekend too).