Need for MALE COSPLAYERS for MASQUERADE 2012!!! *UPDATED*

Started by memichi, January 21, 2012, 05:46:35 PM

memichi

Hello Fanime community! :D Currently, I'm part of a group that has an ambitious cosplay project and we definitely need some outside help for our masquerade plan.

You're probably wondering, "well, what is it exactly?". Actually, it is quite a simple task. We need models for the walk-off part of the masquerade.

The cosplay we are trying to make is the entire class from Final Fantasy Type-0 NOW INCLUDING REM AND MACHINA!: Our group will be working on making the outfits, weapons, and possibly some accessories (unless you are able to provide). All you need to do is wear it for the Masquerade and FF Cosplay Gathering.

As you can see, we need quite a number of reliable models to complete this. My group is a new group and are really determined to pull this off for Fanime 2012! So if you fit our requirements, please let us now ASAP! We highly appreciate it if you can spread the word to people you know who may be interested!

We are currently looking for 3 MALE MODELS!

*Keep in mind that we're a new group and money is tight for us, so some of our requirements are based on money saving and not be discriminatory. Also other requirements are preferences for the group director's vision, so please respect that and try not to take any offense to it.*

The following are the requirements:
Height: Any height is acceptable
Size: Females-able to wear small to medium sizes Males-slender built, not too stocky, able to wear small to medium sizes
Physical Features: Preferably asian decent and looks close to specific character from the cosplay.
Character: Which FF: Type-0 character you would like to model as (you can submit multiple preferences) http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_Type-0_Characters
Area: Must live in the Bay Area or willing to travel to the East Bay area. We can try to provide transportation to the best of our ability or pick up from BART.
Experience: No experience necessary, just need reliant and willing models.
Photo: Submit us a headshot and a fullbody photo of yourself. If you do have cosplay experience, feel free to submit cosplay photos. You can either post it here or give us a link to your facebook or etc.
Fees: The total cost of the cosplay will be $45. This will go towards the jackets, armor pads, skirts, and weapons.The fees are so we can buy our materials to make the cosplay.
We are letting you keep the cosplay as well since you are paying for it.

As I previously mentioned, our group will be doing the labor of making the cosplay and are paying for materials as well. However, since our funds are quite limited (we are also investing in doing an artist alley table for Fanime 2012 and are just practically broke college students  :-\), we need our models  be able chip in as well.

If you are interested please submit:
+Your Name
+City You Live In
+Size
+Character(s) You Are Interested In (available characters are: Males-King, Trey and Machina)
+Photos
+Best Method To Contact You

We need to hear from you potentials ASAP!We'll keep it open until we have enough models! We plan on having meetings at least once a month in the Pleasant Hill/Concord area. Once accepted, we will add you to our Facebook group that has more updates/details.

I hope to hear from everyone soon and sorry if this was quite lengthy. If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here or PM me! Thank you for your time! :D

<3Memichi

Kpmonkeygirl

I might do it. I am small. But 75$ is a lot............................
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

memichi

Understandable.  ^^; We don't ask it upfront and can pay in increments. However, if you know places where we can get the materials we need for cheaper, we could possibly lower the price.

We are still looking around and the $75 was an estimate from the director. I'll talk to them and see what we can do. Please feel free to make a submission, if you are still interested.

I forgot to mention this, but please include your name and best method to contact you along with the requirements criteria. :)

Kpmonkeygirl

Okay! Thank you very much! I would most likely be Deuce. But I never played this game before. Is that alright? And I do have a question if you don't mind me asking. You said 5 girls and 3 boys, but I saw in the link you included of characters that there were more than that. Are you just planning on doing some?

Places for cheaper material? What about garage sales? You could get really cheap stuff that way. (Not that I have been to one, but that is what I heard.)

My name is Caitlin, and the best way to contact me is email. ^.^

memichi

Nice to meet you Caitlin! :D And it is fine if you haven't played the game. It hasn't even been released in the US anyways. We're only going to do the ones in the picture in the post, which are the original 12 characters. The link is more so everyone can see each of the individual outfits.

Please submit photos of yourself as well. Thank you.

Kpmonkeygirl

Quote from: memichi on January 21, 2012, 11:46:25 PM
Nice to meet you Caitlin! :D And it is fine if you haven't played the game. It hasn't even been released in the US anyways. We're only going to do the ones in the picture in the post, which are the original 12 characters. The link is more so everyone can see each of the individual outfits.

Please submit photos of yourself as well. Thank you.

Pleased to meet you too!

But why did you say you only needed 5 girls and 3 boys? That is only 8 people, not 12 like you need.

I don't really have any up to date photos since I tend to run away from the camera. So I will have to take the picture later. Could I PM it? I feel kind of uneasy at the thought that my picture would be there for people to see.........>.>  :-\  :-[

memichi

We have a few people already confirmed to work with us. We have 3 guys (Ace, Eight, and Nine) and 1 girl (debating between Queen and Sice). So we just need more people to be the other characters.

And I totally understand. :) PM me the photos when you're ready.

Kpmonkeygirl

memichi

If you believe you look physically close to any of the characters, despite being asian or not, feel free to make a submission as well.  :D

samichi

I know this is completely late ^^;
but are you still looking for people to be models?

Because I am interested and would be willing to fill out an application
however i will be needed to re do some photos.

So if you are still looking for models would it be possible to send you the pictures tmr, while i sent my application to you now(monday at around 7ish)?
Or would you rather have everything at one time?

-Sammi

memichi

It is certainly not too late. :) Do whatever you can to submit your stuff. Like I said, if we don't have enough by the end of this month we can keep our search open. We are flexible if you let us know what's going on.

samichi

Quote from: memichi on January 30, 2012, 06:24:20 AM
It is certainly not too late. :) Do whatever you can to submit your stuff. Like I said, if we don't have enough by the end of this month we can keep our search open. We are flexible if you let us know what's going on.
Oh! thank you <3
I have just sent you a pm with most of the details, if it is possible, could i send you my photo's to you personally? instead of uploading it onto the net and then sending it to you?

memichi

Thank you for those who have made a submission! We highly appreciate it! I will try to make confirmations with everyone as soon as possible!

After our group has a meeting, we will also let you know if we will extend our search deadline as well. So for those who have not yet made a submission, but are still interested, there may be some hope still!

In the mean time, may you guys have a wonderful day and can't wait to get this show on the road :)

Kite

May I kindly ask the total cost of supplies?

$75 dollars does seem a bit steep for a cosplay. Times that by 8, that's a total of 600 hundred dollars.

Thinking about it, I'm curious what kind of fabric you're using with the addition to the prop weapons. If you buy fabric from a Vietnamese cloth store, they are generally a better deal in relation to other stores like Walmart, Hancock, Beverly, Jo'Ann, and etc. Looking at your props, what are they going to be made out of to which leads to the question of how sturdy is it going to be? Paper mache is always the cheapest route with the addition of foam to which cardboard and paper are practically free. High grade sucrose flower and foam roughly ten to twenty dollars total just to make one prop weapon give or take. But it also goes into how sophisticated these weapons are going to be to which is there going to be a technological aspect to it which would roughly cost around ten dollars since best buy, Fry's electronics, and Radio Shack sells in bulk. There's a lot to ask but these are more or less the things I'm curious about for now.

Additionally I do apologize if this comes off as rather rude, but what guarantee is there you're not going to cheat anyone? As of late there have been quite a handful of unscrupulous characters roaming the net who have been cheating people out of money in exchange for nothing or not what they promised. 

memichi

Quote from: Kite on February 01, 2012, 07:52:55 PM
May I kindly ask the total cost of supplies?

$75 dollars does seem a bit steep for a cosplay. Times that by 8, that's a total of 600 hundred dollars.

Thinking about it, I'm curious what kind of fabric you're using with the addition to the prop weapons. If you buy fabric from a Vietnamese cloth store, they are generally a better deal in relation to other stores like Walmart, Hancock, Beverly, Jo'Ann, and etc. Looking at your props, what are they going to be made out of to which leads to the question of how sturdy is it going to be? Paper mache is always the cheapest route with the addition of foam to which cardboard and paper are practically free. High grade sucrose flower and foam roughly ten to twenty dollars total just to make one prop weapon give or take. But it also goes into how sophisticated these weapons are going to be to which is there going to be a technological aspect to it which would roughly cost around ten dollars since best buy, Fry's electronics, and Radio Shack sells in bulk. There's a lot to ask but these are more or less the things I'm curious about for now.

Additionally I do apologize if this comes off as rather rude, but what guarantee is there you're not going to cheat anyone? As of late there have been quite a handful of unscrupulous characters roaming the net who have been cheating people out of money in exchange for nothing or not what they promised. 

Hi Kite :)

It's fine that you asked and totally understandable. There are probably others that may of been wondering the same thing.

The director of this project said it should cost to this amount because he made the cosplay before, but he wants to improve it to be a higher quality for the masquerade. I personally do not know the fine details of this, but this amount was his estimate based on the last time he did it. Being a money cautious person myself, I understand that $75 may seem a lot. I appreciate your suggestions and I will bring them up to the director in hopes to make the costs lower.

Believe me, we are not trying to cheat anyone. The director wants to do this because he really wanted to do this and part as a dedication for a friend who has passed away recently. We are determined to deliver and give a wonderful entry. The last thing we would ever want to do is deceive anyone for something we believe in putting heart into it.

I hope I was able to clarify, even though I do not know every detail. If you have anymore questions, do not hesitate to ask. I appreciate your interests and concerns. I find it quite helpful as a newer cosplay group. :)

Kite

Quote from: memichi on February 01, 2012, 09:28:45 PM

Hi Kite :)

It's fine that you asked and totally understandable. There are probably others that may of been wondering the same thing.

The director of this project said it should cost to this amount because he made the cosplay before, but he wants to improve it to be a higher quality for the masquerade. I personally do not know the fine details of this, but this amount was his estimate based on the last time he did it. Being a money cautious person myself, I understand that $75 may seem a lot. I appreciate your suggestions and I will bring them up to the director in hopes to make the costs lower.

Believe me, we are not trying to cheat anyone. The director wants to do this because he really wanted to do this and part as a dedication for a friend who has passed away recently. We are determined to deliver and give a wonderful entry. The last thing we would ever want to do is deceive anyone for something we believe in putting heart into it.

I hope I was able to clarify, even though I do not know every detail. If you have anymore questions, do not hesitate to ask. I appreciate your interests and concerns. I find it quite helpful as a newer cosplay group. :)

Then here's a suggestion, would you put up a list to who's left that you need. I think that would help show what positions you still need to be filled.

In the past when I made props for people, I usually gave a form of an 'insurance policy' to show people I could not cheat them. In my particular case, I had a physical address they could go to in order for them to observe the progress of there project. So what would you suggest as an 'insurance policy' aside faith alone?

But for the most part I am interested and I live around the east side being San Jose, CA. Is it possible to meet in person?

memichi

Let me confirm everything with the director first and then I'll create updates. They did give me an idea of what is needed before, but not exact numbers.

Once we have the models confirmed, we planned to have at least monthly meetings with everyone. Hence why we suggested the Bay Area. Many of us are closer to the Diablo Valley College area and so we intend on meeting in that area. Is that fine with you? We will try our best to help with transportation like picking up from BART or pick up if you are reasonably close enough.

Also once we have confirmations, we already have a facebook group where we'll keep everyone in the group posted about any updates, meetings, or ideas.

I'll try my best to update everyone soon!

Kite

What place do you specifically have in mind? For Diablo Valley college is a 1 1/2 hour drive from my home. Of course if it's once a month then it's reasonable for me to attend such a thing.

Anyways update when you can.

memichi

As for now, if you are interested in participating, please make a submission with your info so it will make it easier for us to keep track of our respondents.

Once people are confirmed, we are trying to schedule a meeting that will accommodate with everyone's schedule. I'm still waiting to hear from the director. But I promise once I hear any news, I'll be sure to let everyone know!

SilentJ