Panels we want for 2012 ^-~

Started by Kava, January 24, 2012, 08:31:26 AM

Kava

I thought I'd give a brief list of panels we haven't yet received a plethora of submissions on which we'd love to have on our schedule this year.

First, FanimeCon's theme this year is: Sports! So panels about sports-based manga or anime, or any other twist on this theme would be grand.

My Little Pony - Panels received one submission for this late last year, which did not get approved. We'd like to make sure we get an MLP panel onto the schedule this year.

Dollfie Dolls - It's always nice to round out our schedule with at least one panel on Dollfies. (If anyone is willing to give one!)

That's it for now! We'll update this post as the year evolves. Please feel free to also post your requests in this thread. If enough people want a panel about it, and we don't already have submissions, it may get added.  ;) -Rena
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

Dany

RE: Ball Joint Doll panels: The best place to start petitioning that would likely be Den of Angels. They have a section for events/meetups, and it would be a good place to stir up interest for the panel itself, and maybe someone to run it.

Also, there have traditionally been smaller, more informal gatherings held througout the weekend in the past. Again, DOA usually is the best place to check.

I would seriously consider running it myself, but with running a cosplay gathering and Masquerade on my roster this year, I sadly don't  know if I can fit one doll in our car, let alone several XD
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

renalcul

I'm planning a pony panel, I'm still figuring out the logistics of it regarding content, cohosts and timing (regarding the pony meet up and my staff obligations )

Kava

@Dany Good to know! I'll see if one of my staff can get over there to ask. ^__^

@renalcul Glad to hear it! I figure if we're going to have Homestuck panels... we neeed MLP panels too!
Rena

renalcul

So i'm staff.

And i want to host a pony panel.

and two of my friends want to cohost it with me.

And you get panel hosting discounts on tickets.

But i know they're too lazy to fill out the form.

How would i go about making it so that they get the discounts, since my ticket is free anyway :D

(For some reason, my PMs don't work, >_>)

Cosplay_Rose

Quote from: renalcul on January 26, 2012, 07:34:18 PM
How would i go about making it so that they get the discounts, since my ticket is free anyway :D

I'm not staff or anything, so this isn't an official answer, but my best guess.

Have one of your friends submit the panel and put the second friend as their helper (you can only list one helper). If you're wanting to get credit for the panel, which I don't blame you for, have you friend make a note of it in the "Other Notes or Comments or Questions" section of the form. I'm not sure that this will guarantee you get your name listed as a host though, I'm not sure how that works. If you're friend's not sure what information to submit, you can fill it out but don't submit it and e-mail the information to your friend to submit.

Kava

Your PM's work, but I recommend sending e-mails to panels AT Fanime DOT com rather than sending PM's here on the board. As noted in other posts, my ability to work on the computer is limited right now. :) If you send the e-mail to the panels address, anyone from my leadership staff team can answer it.

I'll go ahead and reply to your PM. -Rena

So i'm staff.

Rena

renalcul

Quote from: Kava on February 01, 2012, 02:04:24 PM
Your PM's work, but I recommend sending e-mails to panels AT Fanime DOT com rather than sending PM's here on the board. As noted in other posts, my ability to work on the computer is limited right now. :) If you send the e-mail to the panels address, anyone from my leadership staff team can answer it.

I'll go ahead and reply to your PM. -Rena

So i'm staff.

Oh good. They send, i just can't see them in my outbox.

How odd.

Fazio

I support ponies.  Please include me in your panel.  I love you.

That may have been to strong :-\