ID confirmation

Started by arod1017, January 29, 2012, 08:39:06 PM

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Private Fandango on March 18, 2012, 02:42:08 PM
I'm 13 the only ID I have is a student ID it does have my Name and photo on it. Can I use this to pick up my passes?

Nope.

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: Jeimizu on March 18, 2012, 04:39:41 PM
I'm 13 the only ID I have is a student ID it does have my Name and photo on it. Can I use this to pick up my passes?

Nope.
I answered this earlier on in the thread, but I'll copy and paste the information again: (as far as I know) the only circumstance in which they will accept a school ID is if you're with a parent/guardian who can present their government ID along with your student ID.  Student IDs are unfortunately much easier to forge and fake than government IDs, which is one of the (likely many) reasons why the con doesn't accept them easily.  At any rate, if there's any chance you can get a government ID of some sort before the con (driver's license, state ID, passport) I'd highly suggest you do it.

Since you're only 13, though, a driver's license isn't an option.  Still, I'd look into either a state ID or passport if you won't be accompanied by an adult and want to do pre-reg.

Private Fandango

Thanks for the info. :) I think I will be able to get an ID so it will be fine.

Makise09

Glad someone answered this  :)

KyraEnsui

Quote from: ewu on March 05, 2012, 11:14:37 PM

If you have questions, feel free to email registration - registrationATfanimeDOTcom

arod1017

Last year i gave them my expired passport. She just gave me a weird look because i was like 10 at the time (18 now) but we had a laugh afterwards. i dont know if the power outage had anything to do with that, maybe she just didnt care and wanted to get through everyone after being there for over 6 hours but she didnt even give it a second thought and told me it was ok.

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Jeimizu on March 18, 2012, 04:39:41 PM

Nope.
Sorry-- this year we are accepting student IDs. Guys, the FAQ gets changed around every year and this year we've changed quite a few things concerning Registration.
Quote from: Reg FAQQ: Who can pick up the collective group's badges? What does the leader need to pick up the badges?
A: Only the group leader can pick up the group's badges. To prevent theft, no one else may pick up the group's badges. The group leader must have either a current student ID or a valid government-issued photo ID during pick-up, otherwise no one in the group can pick up their badges. FanimeCon is not responsible for the distribution of the badges to the group members. Any lost badges will result in a reprinting fee.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Lucifargundam

Quote from: SOawesomeness on February 27, 2013, 05:30:16 PM
Sorry-- this year we are accepting student IDs. Guys, the FAQ gets changed around every year and this year we've changed quite a few things concerning Registration.
Just curious, why has this decision been changed?

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

M

Quote from: Lucifargundam on February 28, 2013, 04:36:40 PM
Quote from: SOawesomeness on February 27, 2013, 05:30:16 PM
Just curious, why has this decision been changed?
Years of feedback from our attendees as well as hours of discussion with various staff/non-staff. :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

XexiledX

So i paid for the pre-registration via paypal, is there anything else i need when i go pick up my badge aside from my ID? will they just have it ready for me as i show my id? or do i need some sort of reciept?

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: XexiledX on April 21, 2013, 03:38:32 PM
So i paid for the pre-registration via paypal, is there anything else i need when i go pick up my badge aside from my ID? will they just have it ready for me as i show my id? or do i need some sort of reciept?

You don't need a receipt, but there is a document you will need in addition to your ID.  A few days before the con, Fanime will load e-postcards to the accounts those who registered early.  You will need to print this out and bring it with you.  To access it, simply log in to your registration account (you had to create one to buy the pass), and it should be there.  Note though, that Fanime usually doesn't upload them until a couple days beforehand, so it will still be a little while before you can see it and print it out.

XexiledX

OKAY thanks a lot, i was worried for a while.