"Special requests" - when filling out reservations

Started by crystalsoul, February 03, 2012, 06:49:08 PM

crystalsoul

Ive been staying in a hotel during fanime for the last 4 years, and last year i must say i was over joyed with the room i got. this room was located on the very corner of the marriot build and because of that, it had a really long hallway before you reached the beds.

The Layout
|  Bed#1      Bed#2    |       |                  |        |
|                             |       |   Bathroom  |         |
|__________________|       |___________| Door  |

anyway because i got this room, i was able to fit all 6 of my friends comfortably. my question is:

If i fill out on the "Special Requests" section of the reservation form, do you think that the marriot (or hilton) would honor my request? has anyone had good luck with the special requests section in regards to the hotel honoring your request?

Kyra_Maverick

It would be easiest if you request the same room number. Call the hotel about a week before you arrive and ask if they know about the request, and then call again the day you are supposed to arrive and ask again. I've never made such a specific request, but alot of hotels do try to accommodate.

Dany

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on February 03, 2012, 06:56:56 PM
It would be easiest if you request the same room number. Call the hotel about a week before you arrive and ask if they know about the request, and then call again the day you are supposed to arrive and ask again. I've never made such a specific request, but alot of hotels do try to accommodate.

Agreed. Also, if you cannot get the same room, you could get the same layout as Room X as floor plans tend to duplicate from floor to floor in newer hotels. So if you know what room number you had, you can see if they can put you in that room, or any corner room with the same layout scheme.

Generally specific room requests are possible, but you have to be persistent and follow up to keep the request fresh in their heads. Bear in mind, however, that Friday is a huge check-in day, people start piling in fast and you may not get your requests even with follow-up if you show too late that day. This was an issue I had...in 2010 we checked in around 9 AM Friday and got our requested low floor near the stairs, but we checked in around 1 last year and we ended up on 15th floor or so, and that was the lowest they had available.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon