Waitlist for Hotel?

Started by Makise09, February 06, 2012, 12:57:22 PM

Makise09

I missed out on the hotel my group wanted and was wondering if there's a waitlist for the Ramada? I did email housing but I know their swamped right now so I shouldn't expect a quick reply. Anyone else know if there's a list open?

venus_ivy

Yes, waitlists will be available for all hotels. Please submit your waitlist request to housing and they will update you should your requested room become available. Thanks!
What do I do for Fanime? I say No!

Dany

Quote from: venus_ivy on February 06, 2012, 02:10:15 PM
Yes, waitlists will be available for all hotels. Please submit your waitlist request to housing and they will update you should your requested room become available. Thanks!

I actually called Housing about getting on a Thursday-only waitlist right after I made my Friday-Monday Hilton reservation...you will have to wait a little bit to get a human but you will get one :) So try that if you're not sure the email got through.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

KyraEnsui

I simply emailed Fanime Housing and I got the response within 24 hours. You can either call or email them.

kookiekween99

I would like to know how many people actually get something through the waitlist. I mean, I'm sure that the first few people would get what they want, but is there any hope for someone who got on the waitlist 11 hours after that hotel filled up?

If you don't mind sharing, I'd be curious to hear from anyone who got their waitlist request. :)
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

M

Quote from: kookiekween99 on February 13, 2012, 11:12:22 AM
I would like to know how many people actually get something through the waitlist. I mean, I'm sure that the first few people would get what they want, but is there any hope for someone who got on the waitlist 11 hours after that hotel filled up?

If you don't mind sharing, I'd be curious to hear from anyone who got their waitlist request. :)
I don't normally use the waiting list and I don't have exact numbers for the number of people on the waiting list that gets their hotel room, but it there is a good number of people on the waiting list that get a hotel room (as per last year). It's never a guarantee, but it's always better than doing nothing. :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

kimu

Yes, I got on the waitlist for the extra nights, but I do hope they open more rooms for the Thurs and Mon nights, if you managed to get a reservation for the Friday through Sunday (which I got at least that.)
I have people flying in and out of SJ and this was the first year I had problems booking those nights. Now I have to start making extra back up plans what to do for them. And of course with all the costumes...extra joy. And while I don't live in LA, I'm over an hour south....
I'm really sad to see Fanime starting to head into the San D Con of hotel booking.

kimu

And this makes me happy! Today my waitlist request was fulfilled for the Night 0 and Monday night.
THANK YOU! This is a huge relief.

NSC

so, i booked for fri-mon at the fairmont but my group wants me to try to get thurs-mon at the hilton. do you think there's a better chance getting the whole weekend at the hilton or getting the thursay at the fairmont?

Dany

Hope for those of you waiting for the Hilton..I got notification that my reservation has been extended back to Tuesday. I was (if they told me correctly) #5 on the list, so hope that helps anyone waiting :D
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

M

Quote from: NSC on February 22, 2012, 10:28:52 PMso, i booked for fri-mon at the fairmont but my group wants me to try to get thurs-mon at the hilton. do you think there's a better chance getting the whole weekend at the hilton or getting the thursay at the fairmont?
Hilton is definitely the more popular hotel out of the two, but it doesn't hurt to ask CMR for both. If both are unavailable, they can put you on the waiting list for an extension Thursday at Fairmont as well as the full weekend at the Hilton.

If you do go this route, please remember to not cancel your reservation until you have the room that you want. There have been some attendees that mistakenly canceled their rooms assuming that the waitlist was enough.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

KyraEnsui

I finally got my Thursday for the Hilton I booked yesterday for being on the waitlist. Thank you, Fanime Housing.

NSC

wow! i sent an email at 1 this morning and at 8 they sent me an email saying they added the Thursday to my reservation. that was fast.

kookiekween99

Quote from: NSC on March 01, 2012, 10:43:41 PM
wow! i sent an email at 1 this morning and at 8 they sent me an email saying they added the Thursday to my reservation. that was fast.

Which hotel?
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

NSC

Quote from: kookiekween99 on March 01, 2012, 11:13:22 PM
Quote from: NSC on March 01, 2012, 10:43:41 PM

Which hotel?

The Fairmont

Tuna

Hey, I had a question - I sent an email to housing, requesting to be placed on the waitlist back on Feb 13th, then sent another email just generally asking about the lack of response on March 5th...all with absolutely no response.

Is this unusual? Should I begin worrying?
<<;
A weathered skeleton
in windy fields of memory,
piercing like a knife.
            ~ Basho

Freight

Quote from: Tuna on March 20, 2012, 09:03:14 PM
Hey, I had a question - I sent an email to housing, requesting to be placed on the waitlist back on Feb 13th, then sent another email just generally asking about the lack of response on March 5th...all with absolutely no response.

<<;

I'd say call them up.

KyraEnsui

<<;

Did you check in your spam folder? It might got sent there because they do respond promptly.

rafaela

<<;

I sent them an email on the night that housing was open. Didn't get any reply back and after waiting four days I called them instead, and they promptly placed me on the waiting list :) Definitely call them. You should have your hotel reservation # ready though, for I booked the doubletree because I wasn't able to get into the ones closer.

Anyone else get placed into their waitlisted hotels yet?

Barnes

^ I'm booked at the Doubletree, and on the wait list for the Hilton (since the day after we could start booking our rooms).
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes