No more Water Fountains at SJCC

Started by Jerry, February 13, 2012, 09:15:43 AM

Jerry

Photo credit to: Darth Ryu

Yeah, so the fountains we all knew and enjoyed are now huge planter plot.

Thoughts?

my first thought, is do we now call it the "previously known as the water fountain" meet up for cosplayers?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

AbsolutelyCursed

It should be called "the garden in front of the convention center".

Dany

Quote from: AbsolutelyCursed on February 13, 2012, 12:50:55 PM
It should be called "the garden in front of the convention center".

That's not my idea of a garden, lemme tell ya :P
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

MidnightPrincess94

well we kno where the harvest moon cosplayers will be taking their pictures lmao  :D

HotelGhost

This is probably just for while they do construction, I'm surprised no one knew that this was going to happen

otakuya

This topic is under the Happy Things section?  ???

Call them the Fanime Gardens.

Just wait till the expansion opens for 2013.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Jerry on February 13, 2012, 09:15:43 AM

Photo credit to: Darth Ryu

Yeah, so the fountains we all knew and enjoyed are now huge planter plot.

Thoughts?

my first thought, is do we now call it the "previously known as the water fountain" meet up for cosplayers?

Thanks Jerry for the credit :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Glitch

Jerry

Quote from: Otakuya on February 14, 2012, 10:15:26 PM
This topic is under the Happy Things section?  ???

Call them the Fanime Gardens.

Just wait till the expansion opens for 2013.

i didnt realize i put this on the wrong section... as i meant to put this thread in "Things in the universe" ...
i guess its here "ironically"?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Mango Bunny

That's a sad, ugly garden. =( Poor murdered fountains. Poor garden for being so ugly.

G.I.R

It's all about saving water, electricity, and money spent on maintenance.  I've seen this done before  (hell, even Disneyland turned the fountains at the Tommorowland entrance into planters). Unfortunately, the end result usually isn't visually aesthetic.  : (

Glitch

At Fanime I will hold a funeral for the fountains.

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

GhostlyMemory

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Glitch on February 25, 2012, 01:51:34 PM

Let's do it up Irish wake style.

Glitch

Quote from: Jeimizu on March 04, 2012, 12:03:01 PM

I don't think we're allowed to drink,even outside in that area of the convention center. XD

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Glitch on March 04, 2012, 12:54:50 PM

I don't think we're allowed to drink,even outside in that area of the convention center. XD

Well then we move it to a bar, and then move it back once things have quieted down and pour one out for all mah fountains dat has goen up da rivers.

Sunara Ishi

I guess no more "walking on water"?

I agree that its rather ugly. Hopefully, it matures pretty so that it won't be (such) an eyesore in the cosplay pics. >.>;
Its too bad... there were more animes/manga that involved water than such tiny plants/gardens. I can only think of a character from Hetalia that might benefit.

Maybe fanime can start a "Rent a Back-drop" side-business for group gatherings (that want something other than said garden.) Or maybe cosplayers will start bringing their own back-drop.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Cosplay Circus

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on March 09, 2012, 10:25:44 PM
I guess no more "walking on water"?

I agree that its rather ugly. Hopefully, it matures pretty so that it won't be (such) an eyesore in the cosplay pics. >.>;
Its too bad... there were more animes/manga that involved water than such tiny plants/gardens. I can only think of a character from Hetalia that might benefit.

Maybe fanime can start a "Rent a Back-drop" side-business for group gatherings (that want something other than said garden.) Or maybe cosplayers will start bringing their own back-drop.
As someone who owns several backdrops it's not exactly so easy to set them up for each gathering, there's also the thing that generally most back drops size wise will only fit a couple people at a time which doesn't work for most gatherings since they are rather large. If you'd want a back drop you have better chances seeing if a private shoot photographer has one they're willing to bring and use for you.
- Elizabeth (Seven Deadly Sins)
- Morrigan (Dragon Age)
- Panty (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)

Glitch

Quote from: Jeimizu on March 04, 2012, 01:10:23 PM
Quote from: Glitch on March 04, 2012, 12:54:50 PM

Well then we move it to a bar, and then move it back once things have quieted down and pour one out for all mah fountains dat has goen up da rivers.
I think we should do a Viking funeral instead. Just keep a look out for the fire marshal.