Official Swap Meet Thread for Sellers 5/16/2012 *FINAL LIST / E-MAIL*

Started by angeljibrille, February 23, 2012, 11:55:09 PM

Choudenji

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Belfry on March 02, 2012, 10:53:34 AM
With the location of the Swap Meet being moved outside of the convention center, what will Fanime staff be doing to provide security when traveling between the convention hall and the new swap meet location?

I am concerned about safely transporting my unsold items back to my hotel room at late hours. After midnight, especially on Thursday, sellers tend to pack up and leave one by one, and not all at once. There will not be the safety in numbers that happens when major events like the masquerade or black and white ball end. How can I be sure that I will be able to safely get between the swap meet and the convention hall?

I am pretty sure that the staffs are thinking in every possible way to keep us safe. Just give the staffs time to post up more information about it.

The best way I can think of is to have your group of friends be with you when you're about to leave and they can help out too.

Admiral Donuts

My friends that I'm going with are planning on selling... I think. I help them out, but It slows down a lot near the end. If I'm still there, I'll walk back with nervous people.

Otherwise, I recommend the organizers posting a big sign or something near the exit saying "WALK BACK TOGETHER MEET HERE"

angeljibrille

Quote from: Affliction on February 29, 2012, 09:42:17 PM
I have a question. I've never participated in the swap meet as a seller but was thinking of doing so this year, however I confess I've never understood the reason for lining up outside the swap meet room early if you already signed up for it.

Neither do we. That's why we prohibit people from getting in line early. We only allow people to get there max 1 hour before, and you go stand in your assigned number block (we have Southwest-style number ranges on the floor). There's also a poster posted if you forgot your Number.

angeljibrille

Quote from: Michi on March 01, 2012, 09:59:34 PM
Wait, is Parkside Hall not part of the con center? Does that mean maybe we can use handtrucks now?  ;D

You have always been able to use a small one.

angeljibrille

With the location of the Swap Meet being moved outside of the convention center, what will Fanime staff be doing to provide security when traveling between the convention hall and the new swap meet location?

I'll ask about this, but probably nothing more than standard security at the buildings themselves. There are also San Jose police in the vacinity regularly patrolling.

Potentially I can make the Swap Meet earlier this year, if people are concerned. I'm still working on the rules so we'll look into it.

I am concerned about safely transporting my unsold items back to my hotel room at late hours. After midnight, especially on Thursday, sellers tend to pack up and leave one by one, and not all at once. There will not be the safety in numbers that happens when major events like the masquerade or black and white ball end. How can I be sure that I will be able to safely get between the swap meet and the convention hall?

Let me think on this; the hours are not set in stone yet. If we started earlier and ended at say, 11pm, would you feel safer?

fenton

I am concerned about the badge pick up timing and the drive and parking situation to unload and set-up. Before we just parked underneath and took the elevator up. Are hand trucks allowed at the new location? Where do we park?

angeljibrille

Quote from: fenton on March 13, 2012, 12:21:02 PM
I am concerned about the badge pick up timing and the drive and parking situation to unload and set-up. Before we just parked underneath and took the elevator up. Are hand trucks allowed at the new location? Where do we park?

Don't worry about badges.

I'm working on the location. I will have more information soon.

Thanks!
Marisa

BunofGovt

Hi, Marisa -

Just in case you didn't know, the info on the Fanime site shows this:

Pre-Registration opens April 1, 2012 @ 11:50pm and closes May 19, 2012.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

bentoboxbobby

Ok, so it's tonight at 11:59 to register or did I just miss it? Sorry.. I'm confused?

Bobby
"For He will command His Angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalms 91:31

BunofGovt

The Fanime page info is a little confusing.  It lists that swap meet registration begins at 11:59pm (I think that's west coast time), but also that registration is by pre-registration only, and pre-registration begins at 11:50pm.  I'm just going to stay up and see what happens...

CosplayDevotee

As a first timer...uh...where do we sign up? Will the main page of the Fanime webpage have a link or do we need to sign up here in forums? I just want to know before hand so I don't have to dance around for a few precious minutes before finding the right page.

angeljibrille

Quote from: BunofGovt on April 01, 2012, 05:08:21 PM
Hi, Marisa -

Just in case you didn't know, the info on the Fanime site shows this:

Pre-Registration opens April 1, 2012 @ 11:50pm and closes May 19, 2012.

It's supposed to open at 11:59pm >.<

Sorry....

The link will be posted here! I'm sitting up waiting O.o!  Well, technically playing World of Warcraft, but all the same...

angeljibrille

Quote from: bentoboxbobby on April 01, 2012, 06:38:25 PM
Ok, so it's tonight at 11:59 to register or did I just miss it? Sorry.. I'm confused?

Bobby

Yep it's tonight!

Watch the first post in this forum for the link.

Marisa

angeljibrille

Quote from: Affliction on April 01, 2012, 09:43:02 PM
As a first timer...uh...where do we sign up? Will the main page of the Fanime webpage have a link or do we need to sign up here in forums? I just want to know before hand so I don't have to dance around for a few precious minutes before finding the right page.

There will be a link both on the site AND the forums.

However, I personally will be posting the link on the forums, so I dunno if you feel that gives you an advantage or what ^_^;;

It will be posted here:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16971.0.html

at 11:59pm PST

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 01, 2012, 10:12:21 PM
Quote from: Affliction on April 01, 2012, 09:43:02 PM

There will be a link both on the site AND the forums.

However, I personally will be posting the link on the forums, so I dunno if you feel that gives you an advantage or what ^_^;;

It will be posted here:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16971.0.html

at 11:59pm PST

Thank you so much!

CosplayDevotee

angeljibrille

Quote from: Affliction on April 01, 2012, 11:42:05 PM
almost time...*shaking* lol  :D

You're not the one that has to post it ... /stresses

Hopes my site doesn't freaking blow up >.<

BunofGovt