Lining up for Swap meet versus Lining up for Early Registration pick up?

Started by CosplayDevotee, March 02, 2012, 08:09:54 PM

CosplayDevotee

Okay I tried asking this in the main Swap meet thread and still haven't been answered so here goes...

I have a question. I've never participated in the swap meet as a seller but was thinking of doing so this year, however I confess I've never understood the reason for lining up outside the swap meet room early if you already signed up for it. I was wondering if anyone could explain the significance of signing up as soon as registration is open but having to rush to line up on Thursday night. I understand you should be in attendance seeing as you signed up and will need to have your merchandise ready to bring in the room, but is getting there early or later a determination as to the order you get in? I only ask because my group is devout in getting to Fanime early Thursday morning so we can line up for early registration, will I be forced to choose one over the other?

kookiekween99

I don't know the answer to your question since I don't know much about Swap Meet, but if you have to choose, would it be possible to split up your group? Like, have the Reg Group leader stand in line (with a friend maybe for moral support) to get the badges while the rest of the group stand in line for Swap Meet?

Of course, if by "group" you mean a bunch of individual reservations where everyone has to be present to pick up their badge, then never mind. ^^;
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: kookiekween99 on March 02, 2012, 09:18:03 PM
I don't know the answer to your question since I don't know much about Swap Meet, but if you have to choose, would it be possible to split up your group? Like, have the Reg Group leader stand in line (with a friend maybe for moral support) to get the badges while the rest of the group stand in line for Swap Meet?

Of course, if by "group" you mean a bunch of individual reservations where everyone has to be present to pick up their badge, then never mind. ^^;
Unfortunately that isn't a possibility in my case. I am a group leader for my husband and I but the rest of my group (3 of us) is on their own. Splitting up would mean 1 of us would lose out on early registration pick up.

Does anyone know if we have to choose either or? This is quickly becoming a real problem for my group

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Affliction on March 02, 2012, 08:09:54 PM
Okay I tried asking this in the main Swap meet thread and still haven't been answered so here goes...

I have a question. I've never participated in the swap meet as a seller but was thinking of doing so this year, however I confess I've never understood the reason for lining up outside the swap meet room early if you already signed up for it. I was wondering if anyone could explain the significance of signing up as soon as registration is open but having to rush to line up on Thursday night. I understand you should be in attendance seeing as you signed up and will need to have your merchandise ready to bring in the room, but is getting there early or later a determination as to the order you get in? I only ask because my group is devout in getting to Fanime early Thursday morning so we can line up for early registration, will I be forced to choose one over the other?

Swap meet line up registration is pre-set, no need to be there super-early. When I attended in 2010 there was plenty of time between getting badges and getting stuff for swap meet, and I understand the procedure has gotten better.