Yaoi

Started by asiagal2, March 22, 2012, 07:52:45 PM

asiagal2

I notice Yaoi isn't on the program for Fanime 2012.  Will it still be happening?

Luca Cantellano

ASDFKHSADGHKLSDGHA!! WHAT? I hope so.... *goes to check* ≡≡≡≡(゚д゚)/

2015 cosplay(s): Lady Deadpool (realistic interpretation)

x3poyopoyox3

I hope so! Fingers crossed!

HunterZero

I suspect that's mostly due to the program still being in a state of flux.

My understanding is that the Yaoi events are put on the Yaoi-con staff, and I doubt they've gone anywhere.
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Yuutousei

That's actually a good question - I didn't submit any BL related panels because I was planning on going to yaoicon hosted ones, but since Yaoicon's been relocated out of the bay....
SELLING!
Check out my current Cosplays, Panels & Plans!

BunofGovt

Hopefully Yaoi Bingo on Friday night (isn't that when it's usually held?), and Yaoi Con will have their booth in the dealers' room as usual.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Yuutousei

DMP sent out an email a few days ago to people who subscribe.  They WILL be at Fanime so the Yaoi-con booth and Yaoi Bingo are probably happening.  They will have some sort of announcement re: their move to LA, but I'm not sure if it's going to be in its own panel or not.
SELLING!
Check out my current Cosplays, Panels & Plans!

BunofGovt

Here's info from the Yaoi Con folk (I suscribe to their updates):

Join Us At Fanime 2012, May 25-28 in San Jose!
Catch all the BL and manga action at this year's Fanime in San Jose, May 25-28! We'll be holding panels, playing Yaoi Bingo, and will have a booth in the dealer's hall where you can pick up all the latest yaoi releases. Do we have your attention now? AWESOME, here's the details:
Panel Programming
Digital Manga Guild Panel: Friday, 3-4 PM in Panel Programming 1
Join us for the low-down on the Digital Manga Guild, including how to sign up, and what's next for the DMG. We'll have a couple announcements, so don't miss out if you're a current or prospective DMG member!
Digital Manga Platinum - Kickstarting Manga: Saturday, 2-3PM in Panel Programming 1
A look inside Digital Manga's efforts to bring classic manga to the United States via Kickstarter, the popular crowd-funding website. Past Kickstarter campaigns as well as upcoming projects will be discussed.
Yaoi-Con Panel: Saturday, 6-7PM in Ballroom A4/A5
Get all the Yaoi-Con 2012 details, and be there the super special unveiling of this year's guest of honor!
Yaoi Bingo: Saturday AND Sunday, 8-12PM in Ballroom A4/A5
The yearly favorite is back again! Join us in a rousing round of bingo with a bishonen twist!
Dealer's Hall
Digital Manga and Yaoi-con will be at booth B5-7 in the Dealer's Hall this year, under the name Moe  Moe Paradise/Yaoi-Con. We'll be doing in-person registration for Yaoi-Con, as well as providing for every fujoshi's BL and yaoi needs! We'll also be bringing you a Fanime Special...
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.