schedule

Started by freewayangel092, May 05, 2012, 11:06:04 PM

freewayangel092

I am just wondering does anyone know when they are going to post the online schedule like they did last year?
If i remember it was about 1 week before. Is this going to happen again?
Thanks

I would also like to say i can't wait to go and see everyone this year!!! Everyone have fun!!!!

M

Current (and backup) plans are to have schedules available online as well as a physical* one. =)

*We've learned our lesson... Promise!
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Junon

Quote from: MPLe on May 06, 2012, 04:43:24 AM
Current (and backup) plans are to have schedules available online as well as a physical* one. =)

Thanks. I'm sure you'll need more than a physical one, unless you're planning on some kind of Battle Royale and award it to the winner. :)

TC X0 Lt 0X

I remember there was some talk of a Schedule App for smartphones being tossed around last year.
Are there any plans to make one this year?

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Gwydion

Quote from: MPLe on May 06, 2012, 04:43:24 AM

Hey as long as it shows up before Day Zero, it'll be good. *grins*

Mouse

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 06, 2012, 04:41:38 PM
I remember there was some talk of a Schedule App for smartphones being tossed around last year.

There's not a schedule app per se, but there is a pretty spiffy online schedule at http://m.fanime.com/ which renders pretty nicely on smartphones (full disclosure: my sample size= my Droid) and which will be updated when we get closer to FanimeCon.

Between that and the physical schedules (we really really learned our lesson there), there should be plenty of options for people to work with  ;D
Nicole M.
FanimeCon 2012-2013 Head of Publications
FanimeCon 2011 Publications Staff

(feel free to PM me questions :D )

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Mouse on May 07, 2012, 02:25:43 AM

There's not a schedule app per se, but there is a pretty spiffy online schedule at http://m.fanime.com/ which renders pretty nicely on smartphones (full disclosure: my sample size= my Droid) and which will be updated when we get closer to FanimeCon.

Between that and the physical schedules (we really really learned our lesson there), there should be plenty of options for people to work with  ;D

That should work out just as effectively I would think.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

M

Quote from: Junon on May 06, 2012, 04:11:58 PMThanks. I'm sure you'll need more than a physical one, unless you're planning on some kind of Battle Royale and award it to the winner. :)
Everyone gets *one*. If you would like more, there will have to be some kind of penalty. Maybe an offering to the gods or something!

(Warning: This post is a joke...)

ichnob

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 07, 2012, 12:44:06 PM
Quote from: Mouse on May 07, 2012, 02:25:43 AM

That should work out just as effectively I would think.
There's an app called Guidebook for smartphones that keeps the schedule available for download, this way you don't always have to be connected to the internet to get the schedule. Pretty handy when I first used it at Anime Central. They were able to keep track of panels, main events, cosplay gatherings, autograph times, etc. And there were even updates during the convention when panels were cancelled or rooms moved. It might be too late to look into using Guidebook this year, but would that be a possibility for using it or something similar next year?

M

Quote from: ichnob on May 10, 2012, 12:23:00 AMThere's an app called Guidebook for smartphones that keeps the schedule available for download, this way you don't always have to be connected to the internet to get the schedule. Pretty handy when I first used it at Anime Central. They were able to keep track of panels, main events, cosplay gatherings, autograph times, etc. And there were even updates during the convention when panels were cancelled or rooms moved. It might be too late to look into using Guidebook this year, but would that be a possibility for using it or something similar next year?
We're constantly looking out for new ways of getting the schedule into people's hands. We've looked into Guidebook and it hasn't been something that we've wanted to use, but this may change in the future.

Admiral Donuts

Two words: Google Calender.

M

Quote from: Jeimizu on May 10, 2012, 04:07:53 AMTwo words: Google Calender.
I believe that we tried to internally use Google Calendar, but there was an issue with people not seeing our updates. However, that was a few years ago and we can look into using it again (most likely not for this year). =)

kane64

I don't know if this has been asked/addressed yet, but does anyone know when the schedule will be posted? Or are we going to have to wait until the day before to figure out what we want to do this year?
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

HunterZero

Quote from: kane64 on May 11, 2012, 10:09:35 AM
I don't know if this has been asked/addressed yet, but does anyone know when the schedule will be posted? Or are we going to have to wait until the day before to figure out what we want to do this year?

Usually, the schedule gets posted online a few days before the convention. I think the earliest I've ever seen it go up was a week before, but then again that might just be my memory failing. It is usually pretty close to the con since things are usually being fiddled with up to the end.
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

M

Quote from: kane64 on May 11, 2012, 10:09:35 AMI don't know if this has been asked/addressed yet, but does anyone know when the schedule will be posted? Or are we going to have to wait until the day before to figure out what we want to do this year?
I can tell you with absolute certainty that we are attempting to prep and finalize the schedule to get everything ready for the website/printing press. :)

kane64

Quote from: MPLe on May 11, 2012, 05:47:55 PM
Quote from: kane64 on May 11, 2012, 10:09:35 AMI don't know if this has been asked/addressed yet, but does anyone know when the schedule will be posted? Or are we going to have to wait until the day before to figure out what we want to do this year?
I can tell you with absolute certainty that we are attempting to prep and finalize the schedule to get everything ready for the website/printing press. :)
Awesome. Glad to hear it.  :D
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: MPLe on May 10, 2012, 04:37:55 AM
Quote from: Jeimizu on May 10, 2012, 04:07:53 AMTwo words: Google Calender.
I believe that we tried to internally use Google Calendar, but there was an issue with people not seeing our updates. However, that was a few years ago and we can look into using it again (most likely not for this year). =)

Well I'm just gonna leave this here: My Fanime Google calender

echoshadow

So any updates?  ???

Google calender is kind of lame..  ;D
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

otakuforlife

Looking forward to seeing the schedule online before leaving for con so that I can sort of plan my schedule which going by the different panels I want to go to will be packed.  And yay for having a smartphone this time around...
Fanime 2024 Cross-play plans (order subject to change)

Day 0 - No cosplay
Day 1 - Shioriko Mifune (summer uniform)
Day 2 - Rin Hoshizora (winter uniform)
Day 3 - Shiki Wakana (summer uniform)
Day 4 - Rei Ayanami (school uniform) or maid

echoshadow

Smart phone are only as good as the battery life.
A simple piece of paper is better.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List