Igaguri Chiba

Started by Tony, May 08, 2012, 08:48:47 AM

Tony

In reference to this thread: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17230.0.html

I'm extremely confused about who we booked for MusicFest.

As director of Guest Relations for FanimeCon 2012 and a balloon enthusiast, my understanding was that my staff booked employees from a bankrupt shipping company to discuss logistics and finances in modern-day Japan. I have now heard rumors that this is not the case, and that the keynote speaker, Chiba, is in fact a musical artist who may be related to a Japanese vocalist - and/or MPLe's cousin.

As this convention's motto is "By Fans, something something", I'm hoping one of you Fans can do my work for me and explain who Chiba is. Frankly this confusion has been devastating to our guest acquisition process, truly stressful and irritating. I wouldn't call it a nightmare, but maybe a nightmare's younger brother, or something.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

M

Quote from: Tony on May 08, 2012, 08:48:47 AM
In reference to this thread: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17230.0.html

I'm extremely confused about who we booked for MusicFest.

As director of Guest Relations for FanimeCon 2012 and a balloon enthusiast, my understanding was that my staff booked employees from a bankrupt shipping company to discuss logistics and finances in modern-day Japan. I have now heard rumors that this is not the case, and that the keynote speaker, Chiba, is in fact a musical artist who may be related to a Japanese vocalist - and/or MPLe's cousin.

As this convention's motto is "By Fans, something something", I'm hoping one of you Fans can do my work for me and explain who Chiba is. Frankly this confusion has been devastating to our guest acquisition process, truly stressful and irritating. I wouldn't call it a nightmare, but maybe a nightmare's younger brother, or something.
O_O
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Kyra_Maverick

I wish there was a way for me to let everyone know how much I approve of this thread,  but my mere comment will have to do.

Angelx624

I approve of this thread very much, myself. XD But Chiba is a performer. A very interesting one at that. :D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

asngtrst

Chiba is the singer of Sendai Kamotsu, which is basically the alter-ego of the visual-kei band, Nightmare.  Sendai Kamotsu is a comedic band, or a joke band, and most notably known as the side project of Nightmare.  A lot of j-rock bands, such as Radwimps, have alter-egos.  Sendai Kamotsu's members are the same as Nightmare's members:

Sendai Kamotsu = Nightmare
Chiba               = Yomi (vocals)
Satty               = Sakito (guitar)
Fullface            = Hitsugi (guitar)
Wen Chen Chen = Ni~ ya  (bass)
Gigaflare           = Ruka (drums

Don't address Igaguri Chiba with his Nightmare name, because he'll just say the fictional background story they made:  Igaguri Chiba is Yomi's younger brother.

In conclusion, Nightmare is a funny band who love to troll people.   It's also a great strategy that many bands use by having the same band open for themselves in a concert, under a funnier image for entertainment and fanservice.  Hope I helped anybody who has been confused!

Additional Notes:
Igaguri Chiba once went with the name Sendai Kamotsu for tours, but recently have changed their act under his name, like a solo-artist.  So I'm hoping for Chiba to bring the rest of the band with him, as I also wish they break out of their Sendai Kamotsu costumes, and play as their visual-kei Nightmare persona.

and to make things easier:
If you know the Death Note opening, "The World" by Nightmare...the vocalist of that band (Yomi) is Igaguri Chiba.
Huehuehuehuehue

M

Quote from: asngtrst on May 08, 2012, 04:05:33 PM
Chiba is the singer of Sendai Kamotsu, which is basically the alter-ego of the visual-kei band, Nightmare.  Sendai Kamotsu is a comedic band, or a joke band, and most notably known as the side project of Nightmare.  A lot of j-rock bands, such as Radwimps, have alter-egos.  Sendai Kamotsu's members are the same as Nightmare's members:

Chiba               = Yomi (vocals)
Satty               = Sakito (guitar)
Fullface            = Hitsugi (guitar)
Wen Chen Chen = Ni~ ya  (bass)
Gigaflare           = Ruka (drums

Don't address Igaguri Chiba with his Nightmare name, because he'll just say the fictional background story they made:  Igaguri Chiba is Yomi's younger brother.

In conclusion, Nightmare is a funny band who love to troll people.   It's also a great strategy that many bands use by having the same band open for themselves in a concert, under a funnier image for entertainment and fanservice.  Hope I helped anybody who has been confused!

Additional Notes:
Igaguri Chiba once went with the name Sendai Kamotsu for tours, but recently have changed their act under his name, like a solo-artist.  So I'm hoping for Chiba to bring the rest of the band with him, as I also wish they break out of their Sendai Kamotsu costumes, and play as their visual-kei Nightmare persona.

If you know the Death Note opening, "The World" by Nightmare...the vocalist of that band (Yomi) is Igaguri Chiba.
I see that your post is saying that Chiba = Yomi and the that Yomi's other band members are also members of Chiba's band. I must ask that you please refrain from posting rumors and speculation as it can cause massive confusion among everyone reading this thread. =/

asngtrst

Quote from: MPLe on May 08, 2012, 04:41:55 PM
Quote from: asngtrst on May 08, 2012, 04:05:33 PM
Chiba is the singer of Sendai Kamotsu, which is basically the alter-ego of the visual-kei band, Nightmare.  Sendai Kamotsu is a comedic band, or a joke band, and most notably known as the side project of Nightmare.  A lot of j-rock bands, such as Radwimps, have alter-egos.  Sendai Kamotsu's members are the same as Nightmare's members:

Chiba               = Yomi (vocals)
Satty               = Sakito (guitar)
Fullface            = Hitsugi (guitar)
Wen Chen Chen = Ni~ ya  (bass)
Gigaflare           = Ruka (drums

Don't address Igaguri Chiba with his Nightmare name, because he'll just say the fictional background story they made:  Igaguri Chiba is Yomi's younger brother.

In conclusion, Nightmare is a funny band who love to troll people.   It's also a great strategy that many bands use by having the same band open for themselves in a concert, under a funnier image for entertainment and fanservice.  Hope I helped anybody who has been confused!

Additional Notes:
Igaguri Chiba once went with the name Sendai Kamotsu for tours, but recently have changed their act under his name, like a solo-artist.  So I'm hoping for Chiba to bring the rest of the band with him, as I also wish they break out of their Sendai Kamotsu costumes, and play as their visual-kei Nightmare persona.

I see that your post is saying that Chiba = Yomi and the that Yomi's other band members are also members of Chiba's band. I must ask that you please refrain from posting rumors and speculation as it can cause massive confusion among everyone reading this thread. =/

ohohoho I see what you did there. Well noted! Sorry for the confusion and rumors! should I delete my statements? ;)
Huehuehuehuehue

Angelx624

LOL, it reminds me of Kiryu(the band, not the solo singer) and their alter egos. xDDD Ahhh, I should look into them, more. :P I remember a friend of mine showed me one of their less serious MVs. Twas hilarious. 8D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

zero209

i'm just confused but i checked out igaguri chiba on youtube and not feeling it. unless he's playing as nightmare then different story. same thing with Mai Aizawa. thinking of skipping this one this year. Gonna see what other cons are doing. Now to fight to see how much they gonna charge to cancel my room.

M

Quote from: zero209 on May 08, 2012, 07:49:24 PMi'm just confused but i checked out igaguri chiba on youtube and not feeling it. unless he's playing as nightmare then different story. same thing with Mai Aizawa. thinking of skipping this one this year. Gonna see what other cons are doing. Now to fight to see how much they gonna charge to cancel my room.
Sorry to hear that. FanimeCon does offer more than just two those guests, but we hope that you come to FanimeCon 2013. :)

Angelx624

Quote from: zero209 on May 08, 2012, 07:49:24 PM
i'm just confused but i checked out igaguri chiba on youtube and not feeling it. unless he's playing as nightmare then different story. same thing with Mai Aizawa. thinking of skipping this one this year. Gonna see what other cons are doing. Now to fight to see how much they gonna charge to cancel my room.
Is Music Fest the only reason you were going to Fanime? :/ Just... curious.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

zero209

i'm busy most of the year and only get to go to one con i like. i chose depending on who's going and what there doing. Last year i went to am2 only cause of kanonxkanon then the next day i went to anime expo to see hatsune miku. . i travel alot and go to san jose often so i know whats out there already.i know i would have fun there but if i can go all out once a year i rather go see guest i really want to see.

Angelx624

I see. I guess that makes sense. :/
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Touya no Miko

Can't say I blame anyone for being disappointed. In my opinion, this year's musical guests(unless there's more TBA) are a bit meh compared to the guests years before. But you know, there's more to Fanime than just Musicfest and I'm sure the staff tried their best to at least get us some decent guests. It's not a bad thing if that's your main reason for going though. Who's knows, maybe the Musicfest will be even more fun than expected. Though it's whether you're up for it or not and maybe next year we'll have better luck.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Angelx624

I dunno about you, but I remember them saying there was still more Music Fest guest(s). oAO" It did say on the site that Mai was the opening act, after all. :O
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

M

Quote from: Angelx624 on May 09, 2012, 02:36:41 AM
I dunno about you, but I remember them saying there was still more Music Fest guest(s). oAO" It did say on the site that Mai was the opening act, after all. :O
We did say there was another MusicFest guest after we announced Chiba. Then we announced Mai. ;)

PinkBlossom89

Not to offend people's opinions...but really so disappointed >:( >:( >:( >:( how people are really reacting to the guests...Honestly I'm excited, because Fanime changed it up a bit ;D ;D...sure we have some returning guests from previous years but it's the fans who wanted them back.. So really kudos to Fanime!! now for the music fest situation, people should be happy for some of the guests showing up because these GOH are taking time out of their own schedule to show up ... & you know Music fest can be a total surprised...I mean look ..you have an opening act...& Chiba is one of the main people performing...& for all we know Fanime can be holding out one huge surprise...so everyone *RELAX*!! It's understandable how some individuals are worried about traveling costs...etc etc...etc...because I'm one of very few traveling up from southern California to attend Fanime for the second time :) :) ;)

chifunii

Quote from: PinkBlossom89 on May 09, 2012, 03:03:24 AM
Not to offend people's opinions...but really so disappointed >:( >:( >:( >:( how people are really reacting to the guests...

THANK YOU.

Though I don't know the guests as well as I knew the guests of previous years, I'm excited to experience sth new 8D
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Acid_Android

Quote from: chifunii on May 09, 2012, 03:06:03 AM
Quote from: PinkBlossom89 on May 09, 2012, 03:03:24 AM
Not to offend people's opinions...but really so disappointed >:( >:( >:( >:( how people are really reacting to the guests...

THANK YOU.

Though I don't know the guests as well as I knew the guests of previous years, I'm excited to experience sth new 8D

Just adding to the previous posts :)

There is a universal truth that applies to anything and everything in the world: not everyone is going to be happy.  :)

When we started off w/indies and locals, we got complaints that the acts weren't big enough draws or it didn't make sense to have them XD When we started booking major bands/artists, we got complaints that MF was getting TOO big XD When we brought back what we thought was a fan favorite, we had folks saying "Them AGAIN?! UGH!" When we had a talented male vocalist last year, I got complaints that we never have girls XD Then this year, we have a female guest as part of the lineup, and some reactions are like "Wait, what? Who? :( WRY!?!"

So...with all those previous options making people unhappy (and my running out of genres for people to complain about), booking a mysterious freight company worker who just so happens to be the younger brother of a VK band's vocalist seemed like a great idea ;)

The one very important life lesson to learn from it all:

All joking aside, it's not that I don't understand the complaints; there are very valid issues that are brought up each year, and we always re-evaluate our game plan for the following year.

However, ALL GOHs take time out of their busy schedules to pay us a visit at FanimeCon, so let's not welcome them with an "...oh, it's just you" type of attitude; instead, look forward to how their unique skills and personalities can add to the events that they'll take part in! :)
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Mango Bunny

For the record, I'm actually kind of jazzed about MF this year. I haven't gone since.... AnCafe? I went to Momoi for a bit, but had to leave. I saw her performances the following years outside musicfest.

I'm not terribly hip anymore with the music scene, but I'm excited to have such a FUN performer. I'm really planning on going to MF for the first time in a few years!!

Thanks, Fanime staff. I was a complainer in the past years. The styles weren't my thing/them being so popular it wasn't worth trying to go. This year I'm sure it'll be packed, but I should be there too! I really appreciate mixing it up every year.