Who Likes To Read?

Started by JohnnyAR, May 16, 2012, 10:10:15 AM

JohnnyAR

Anyone read occasionally? What are your favorite books, authors, genres, etc.

I like Stephen King, I have books 1-5 of the Dark Tower series and The Tommyknockers. Has anyone read Johannes Cabal The Necromancer or Anno Dracula?

Obviously by my selection above, I'm a fan of horror.

Darkstride

I'm a fan of king in theory.
People tell me about his work and it sounds fantastic, especially the dark tower.
I just never get time to read him!
Beep zoop deet

My costumes for 2013
Mecha Lincoln and Quote [cave story guy]

FANIME 2012 Pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4133348450008.2172368.1172432936&type=1

Admiral Donuts

I picked up the four "Red Dwarf" novels at the con and am halfway through the third. So awesome.

BunofGovt

The latest books I've read were some of the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.  I'm fond of fantasy, some sci-fi, horror, mysteries, and planning on re-reading some Jules Verne.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: BunofGovt on June 02, 2012, 10:20:47 PM
I'm fond of fantasy, some sci-fi, horror, mysteries, and planning on re-reading some Jules Verne.

Jules Verne's works are among the 39,000 free ebooks available at Project Gutenberg

BunofGovt

oooo, nice.  but I like the feel of the book in my hands (I don't have a kindle or other device to read online on my commute to work)   :)
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Darkstride

Quote from: BunofGovt on June 02, 2012, 10:20:47 PM
The latest books I've read were some of the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.  I'm fond of fantasy, some sci-fi, horror, mysteries, and planning on re-reading some Jules Verne.
Yeeaahhh Pratchet is the man!
Highly recommend picking up Good Omens, co cowrote it with Neil Gaiman
Beep zoop deet

My costumes for 2013
Mecha Lincoln and Quote [cave story guy]

FANIME 2012 Pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4133348450008.2172368.1172432936&type=1

G.I.R

It's been so long since I've even had time to read a book.
I think the last book I read was "Mostly Harmless"

sailorsam

i love to read anything i am always looking in threads like this to know what books are the best

JohnnyAR

Quote from: sailorsam on August 13, 2012, 02:44:29 AM
i love to read anything i am always looking in threads like this to know what books are the best

Well I'd highly recommend The Dark Tower series and A Song of Fire and Ice series

G.I.R

Interesting story I saw on the local news today.  50 Shades of Gray is going to be published in Hardcover for the first time after only being available as an E-Book, and paperback.  I was kind of surprised that it had not been released as a hard cover already, but looked online to verify it.

Story:  http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books/2013/01/09/eljames-fifty-shades-of-grey-now-out-in-hardcover/1820465/

chifunii

I've been dissatisfied with the lack of reading I've done the last few years, so I'm making an effort to find more time to get started again. Right now I'm trudging (haha) through Tolkien's works--gets hard to read if I'm not in the mood, and am planning on reading A Game of Thrones after.

I enjoy reading and think I should read more, but I like movies/TV series too, and both take up a lot of timerndmksmagan :(
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Rhornez

i want to read the witcher since im playing the game

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

otakuya

I read magazines for the articles

JohnnyAR

Just got back from boot camp, I got a lot of catching up to do on my reading.

Naiagu

I just finished reading Brent Weeks "The way of the shadows" and "Black Prism" both are very good, both are magic based. I am currently working on a draft of a short fantasy novel so reading books on magic have been tons of help for me. If anyone could recommend more, that'd be awesome.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

Lucifargundam

Currently reading The Way of Shadows and switching back forth between that and Lovecraft's shortstories...

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Glitch

I'm illiterate, so I can't read. XD

G.I.R

Quote from: Glitch on January 17, 2013, 09:33:03 PM
I'm illiterate, so I can't read. XD
And yet, you can write!  :P

Barnes

^ That's how awesome Glitch is XD

And I read when I feel like it.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes