Hilton HDMI?

Started by kookiekween99, May 17, 2012, 07:54:08 AM

kookiekween99

The CMR website says "All guestrooms are equipped with external port for AV and gaming devices." The Hilton website says nothing useful. So I guess I have to rely on other people's experience here.

Do the "external port for AV and gaming devices" include HDMI?
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

HunterZero

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 17, 2012, 07:54:08 AM
The CMR website says "All guestrooms are equipped with external port for AV and gaming devices." The Hilton website says nothing useful. So I guess I have to rely on other people's experience here.

Do the "external port for AV and gaming devices" include HDMI?

Few hotels support HDMI inputs. Of all the places I've stayed in recent years, only the Bellagio in Las Vegas had HDMI, and that was right after their upgrade last September. Your best bet is to call the Hilton directly and speak with someone in maintenance.
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

M

I want to say that they have inputs, but the one in my hotel room didn't work last year. I'm not sure, though, but I would mirror HunterZero's suggestion of calling them.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

kookiekween99

I'll ask tomorrow when I call them to ask about adjoining rooms. I shall post my findings then. Thanks!
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Junon

Last year I had no problem connecting my HDMI Xbox into the TV at the Hilton.

cr08

Although it is definitely against hotel policy and an 'at your own risk' type of deal: Should the given TV inputs on the side of the desk/counter not work, you can just hook into the back of the TV directly, disconnect the control box (little phone cable connected to the TV) and use the input button on the TV to switch through. Again, your own risk doing this and almost positive it is against hotel policies. But as long as you reconnect things as they were when you checked in, no one is the wiser. Did that last year at the Marriott hooking up the laptop for videos. Side panel didn't seem to work. Just went direct and it worked fine. Reconnected everything when we were done with it.

Tsu

Quote from: cr08 on May 22, 2012, 10:48:33 AM
Although it is definitely against hotel policy and an 'at your own risk' type of deal: Should the given TV inputs on the side of the desk/counter not work, you can just hook into the back of the TV directly, disconnect the control box (little phone cable connected to the TV) and use the input button on the TV to switch through. Again, your own risk doing this and almost positive it is against hotel policies. But as long as you reconnect things as they were when you checked in, no one is the wiser. Did that last year at the Marriott hooking up the laptop for videos. Side panel didn't seem to work. Just went direct and it worked fine. Reconnected everything when we were done with it.

I had a similar issue a few years back at the Marriot. If you're unsure how to do the above or don't want to risk it, call the hotel. They were more than happy to send a techie to our room to set it up for us. If a slew of people start tampering with the TVs and don't know what they're doing, it could be bad for future convention housing.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

cr08

Very true. I would certainly call the front desk first before messing with it. Pretty much a case of front-desk-doesnt-want-to-oblige-itis.