Status update for Thursday’s Registration

Started by eralston, May 24, 2012, 09:01:51 PM

eralston

The power has returned to the San Jose Convention Center (SJCC). HOORAY!!

If you are still in the Registration line, thank you for waiting through this all! With the power back, that means Registration at the SJCC is up and running, and yes, you can pick up your membership! Please note that the Reg line is now capped and thus, no more people can join the Reg line.

Registration does not have an end time set, because we will try our absolute very bestest to get through the entire line.

Thank you again for all your patience and understanding! <3
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

Junon

Hopefully this will inspire discussion about mailing pre-reg badges to people's homes instead of having people stand 6 hours in line.

M

Quote from: Junon on May 25, 2012, 12:08:04 AMHopefully this will inspire discussion about mailing pre-reg badges to people's homes instead of having people stand 6 hours in line.
We are inspired to plan and make Registration better, regardless of the negative that happens. =)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Dany

You can only do so much about power. That sucked, I'm sure.

With that said? More signage is needed to make finding where things actually start would help. Better yet, someone with a sign saying "I AM THE END OF THE LINE"...at the end of the line. Finding just where the line was ending was a bit daunting.

I got in late (darn traffic), but I still ended up waiting a good 4.5 hours for my badge. It wasn't too horrible other than the steady drain on my phone.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Assassin

My friend is coming to Fanime Friday around 5 PM. He's already ordered a pre-reg badge, does he have to stay in the regular badge line or is there a separate line for pre-reg?

InsaneDavid

Con staff did an incredible job keeping morale up and things moving during the power outage!
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Dany on May 25, 2012, 12:43:17 AM
With that said? More signage is needed to make finding where things actually start would help. Better yet, someone with a sign saying "I AM THE END OF THE LINE"...at the end of the line. Finding just where the line was ending was a bit daunting.
We'll try to keep this in mind-- maybe we'll make an attendee game out of it. "Pass the End-Of-The-Line sign!"
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook