Parking refund?

Started by arcadiapandora, May 29, 2012, 04:02:14 PM

arcadiapandora

I heard a rumor that due to the pull-down of the sign in the garage, as well as some shady tactics from the garage office, a lot of us ended up not getting the Fanime parking discount. I know I didn't.

I did hear that someone on the forums somewhere said that you can contact the office for a refund for parking paid over the price? I paid 80$ for 3 days, 8 hours, so I'm up for seeing if I can get any of that back.

If anyone knows how to contact the garage office too, that'd be awesome. I can't find their contact information anywhere. :(

Thanks for any help!
<3

Kyra_Maverick

You're talking about the con center garage, correct? Best you can do is call back with your reciept and have them look it up. Personally I would have fought it then instead of paying and hoping for a refund.

mdarkpoet

Wait wait wait... WHAT?! There was a parking refund for con-goers. I wish someone had told me about this sooner, I tried asking about it but no one seemed to know anything.

I spent around 32 dollars before getting fed-up and having a family member take my car back  >:(

ShikiIchijo

Yeah, they had discounted parking but didn't advertise is very well. It was all four days for $50. To bad the guy told me when we were leaving. :/
Cosplay 2017:
Lucifer - Supernatural
Yukine - Noragami
Khadgar - Warcraft
Newt Scamander - Harry Potter
Harry Potter - Harry Potter
Big Mac - My Little Pony

mdarkpoet

Woooooow. I hope they advertise better next year, it would have saved a lot of hassle. Oh well...

BunofGovt

We ended up at the convention center garage Friday night because the Hilton valet and regular hotel parking areas were full.  The Hilton concierge advised us to park at the convention center and removed the hotel parking fee from our bill.

When I exited the garage, there was a sign posted by the exit door into the convention center that said there was a discount and to ask at the parking garage office.  After asking around, and walking all the way to the Marriott end of the garage, I finally found the office on the lower level.  That's when it was verified about the discount, and that I could pay for it before exiting the garage.  We did not need to leave until Sunday night (for a dinner run) so I paid for the $50 discount and got a ticket I could use to get out and in the garage without having to take another ticket.  It was good until midnight of the Tuesday when we finally checked out, so I could have actually used it up until midnight.

I saw the sign by each of the garage exit doors that I passed by while in the garage trying to find the office.  The staff in the parking office were very helpful in explaining things to me, but it was just a hassle trying to find the office in the first place.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Gigantor

Yeah finding that place was extremely difficult. I ended up walking back and forth through the entire parking garage trying to find it. I ended up getting the discount the second day I was there (Friday morning) but including the $20 for Thursday I only paid $70 for in and out privileges until Monday. Really a very good deal now that I know about it and I hope as many people can find out as possible from this thread.

HarpB

I parked on Sunday and left on Monday afternoon. The machine said it charged me $20, but I have not see any charges in my account so far.
I am guessing that maybe they had their payment system disabled on Monday.