FANIMECON DANCE 2013 - OFFICIAL DJ APPLICATION

Started by eHash, May 29, 2012, 09:47:07 PM

eHash

FANIMECON DANCE STAFF APPLICATION FOR 2013
This application is intended to provide you an opportunity to express your interest in performing at the FanimeCon 2013 Dance.
* Even though review criteria may change over the next year, your application will be reviewed on the requirements stated at the time of your application.

1. The DJ Selection process is open from now till December 31, 2012
2. DJs/Performers are not considered to be staff members.
2.2 DJs/Performers will have to obtain an official form of entry and will be reimbursed as volunteers for the days that they perform.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every year there are more DJs interested in spinning than spots available.  The DJ
Selection process has been put in place to create a fair system for offering performance
time to members of FanimeCon.

FANIME DANCE 2013 DJ SELECTION PROCESS:
BACKGROUND

FanimeCon is a growing annual anime convention held at the San Jose
  Convention Center during Memorial Day Weekend.

The 2013 Dance Management Team's mission is to successfully plan dance
  events during FanimeCon which promote a fun, safe, and enjoyable experience
  for attendees.  These dance events must contribute to the overall success
  and support the growth of FanimeCon.

PLEASE NOTE that DJs and Performers will need to obtain entry to the con as paid
  members or official staff members.  Performers will receive reimbursement as volunteers
  for their performances.

Questions/comments regarding these provisions should be sent to [email protected].

-   All Dance Staff positions and performers are on a volunteer basis
     (there is no financial compensation).
-   All Dance Staff positions and performers must adhere to the requirements, rules, and code
     of conduct for all FanimeCon Staff members.
-   All Dance Staff must attend the Dance Staff Meetings from the time they are accepted
     on staff to May (exceptions can be arranged with the department head).
-   All Dance Staff must attend the FanimeCon mandatory Staff meetings in May.
-   DJs must have been selected through the DJ Selection Process
     (Exception: DJs)
-   Previous staff participation will not guarantee a timeslot on the DJ Schedule.
        o   Applications will be accepted until December 31, 2012
         o   Application Requirements
                +   Every applicant will be contacted by a Selection Committee member.
                +   In Addition to the Application, DJs must provide:
                        •   A 45 Minute (minimum) mix of what they intend on playing if selected.
                                     They can provide the selection committee their submission by
                                     sending an email link or through an arrangement with the
                                     Selection Committee.
                                 o   Submission of this mix gives the Dance Management Team your
                                     approval to use this mix in the future for promotion of the Dance Event.
         o   Selections will be based on skill, music format, participation, and contribution to FanimeCon.
         o   Applicants under the age 18 at the start of the 2013 event will not be considered.
         o   The Dance Management Team will contact applicants between December and January.
         o   Final selections will be made and selected DJs will be notified by February 1, 2013.
         o   DJs that were not selected will be notified on February 16, 2013.

2013 FANIME DANCE DJ APPLICATION

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
   Send the completed form to [email protected] with the Subject: FANIMESTAFFAPP2013

APPLICANT INFORMATION

Name:
DJ Name (if applicable):
Will you be 18 or over at the start of the 2013 FANIMECON (Yes or No):
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Can you describe your FanimeCon Experience?
Why do you want to DJ/Perform at FanimeCon?
What is your availability during the Con?
Can you describe your DJ/Performer Experience?
What music format do you plan on performing if selected (I.E.: Trance)?
Do you take requests?
What equipment do you plan on using (CD,CD/Serato,Other):
Please provide a brief description of how you would like to be introduced in the
Program Guide if selected:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

filthgrinder

:

GoodAsianDriver

Instead of daft punk only, maybe this year I'll only play remixes of PSY. Oh yeah, 45+ minutes of Gangnam Style.
--
www.spinkpop.com
Each man is given a scientific heritage plus a continuing barrage of sensory stimulation; and the considerations which guide him in warping his scientific heritage to fit his continuing sensor promptings are, where rational, pragmati

short_storiesgl

Quote from: GoodAsianDriver on September 30, 2012, 01:37:17 PM
Instead of daft punk only, maybe this year I'll only play remixes of PSY. Oh yeah, 45+ minutes of Gangnam Style.

You know everyone is going to go crazy when they hear that song.
Dance Staff Second

duckirby

the djs i want! flithgrinder,Vano,Mixtress Shizaam,Epsilonrock,and Self Dustrukt! god i hope all of em get picked

filthgrinder

Much respect bro ^^^ always ppreciate the support but unless I get my money for playing 2012 fanime. I won't be going back especially without a contract. They did me dirty.

abcbadcat

Rowen Of PTS

Quote from: filthgrinder on November 28, 2012, 12:49:26 PM
Much respect bro ^^^ always ppreciate the support but unless I get my money for playing 2012 fanime. I won't be going back especially without a contract. They did me dirty.

Money? I didn't even ask for my money. I was just happy to play for and with some great people. They can keep the badge reimbursement.

Rowen Of PTS

bluefir111

Submitted my application. First time applying for fanimecon

Ravecow
Attended Fanime since 2008. RaveCow since 09, Dj RaveCow since 2011

abcbadcat

o   Final selections will be made and selected DJs will be notified by February 1, 2013.
         o   DJs that were not selected will be notified on February 16, 2013.

Didn't recieve an email.

PROFOUND SADNESS

djmonolith

Trance, synthpop, or chill-out djs needed???  no?
This is my signature.

short_storiesgl

Hello!

Just your friendly Dance Staff here to let all of you know that we will be announcing Dj's status on Feb 16th!
Sorry for the delay we just had so many mixes to listen too!

Good luck everyone :D
Dance Staff Second

Empathy

To All DJ Applicants:

I apologize on behalf of the Dance Staff for delays in handling the applications. We are currently processing all the applications we have received. Here are some new dates:

• Friday February 15, 2013 -- Acknowledgement of applications received will be emailed.
  • Saturday February 16, 2013 -- Application status will be determined.
  • Friday February 22, 2013 -- The accepted DJs will be decided.

These dates should be set in stone, but if there are any changes they will be announced here ASAP.

Thanks and good luck,
David "Empathy" Oram
Dance Staff Second

bluefir111

Good luck everyone and let the hardstyles of the world move through you all on your journey through this magical time of Fanimecon

bluefir111

Quote from: short_storiesgl on October 11, 2012, 01:28:05 AM
Quote from: GoodAsianDriver on September 30, 2012, 01:37:17 PM

You know everyone is going to go crazy when they hear that song.

I plan on dropping Psy is Hardstyle which is truly a brutal song ^___^

abcbadcat

abcbadcat

"Friday February 15, 2013 -- Acknowledgement of applications received will be emailed."

I never received an email.

"Friday February 22, 2013 -- The accepted DJs will be decided."

When will this be announced?

Empathy