Plans for next year?

Started by Mango Bunny, May 30, 2012, 12:59:04 AM

sioda_mactiir

Quote from: cottoncandymuffin on May 30, 2012, 11:25:38 PM
Making con friends. Gone for 3 years now by myself every year :\

And if I ever get the money and time, I want to cosplay too :P

I'll be your con friend. also, for the time being, I've given up on doing cool cosplays. gonna do cute/funny ones

Purefire

I'm planning on going as Lightning from FFXIII-2, and hoping to find someone to go as Serah.

Alyxiane

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on May 30, 2012, 10:34:54 PM

Sorceress Edea -- Final Fantasy VIII (I actually like this game, alright?)
Trying to plan on having Rinoa from the same game by 2013. ^^
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

sioda_mactiir

this space left blank due to duplicate post

BobMakihara

My plan is to improve my "Saxophoniness" for next Fanime:

1) Learn and arrange more game/anime/geek songs.
2) Form a group of other musicians to play songs with me.
3) Play at more cosplay gatherings.
4) ???
5) Profit

I have an entire year to practice, which means my repertoire will be expanded and I will try to play songs that are harder and longer.  ;)

--Mkali (Fanime Sax Guy)
The Fanime Sax Guy.
Cosplays:
Bob Makihara from Tenjou Tenge (100%)
Kaoru Kaidoh from Prince of Tennis (100%)
Captain Jack Sparrow (95%)
Dee Jay from SFIV (95%)
Ren Jinguji from Uta no Prince-sama (100%)

Dawnshadow

1. Practice video games with little visibility
2. Build up stamina/muscles some more (posing is tiring)
3. Maybe add ice packs to fursuit >:K (or something cool)
4. Finish robe and start new fursuit :D *thinks*
Cosplays:
Lucario- a few fixes are required (80%)
Itachi- 60% *needs new cloak and wig*
Mystery Pokemon (it's a surprise and I want it debuted here)- 5% or so
Masked Marth- 0% (I doubt I'll get this one done as it has least priority over my money)

AbsolutelyCursed

Remember to actually go to Bijan Bakery & Cafe to get something sweet. Forgot this year.

Nina Star 9

Yay for other FFVIII fans!! I'm glad that not everyone thinks I'm crazy.

...alright, you can think I'm crazy for attempting an Edea cosplay, but it's the kind of cosplay that really suits me, I think. Intense character with a complicated outfit somewhere between elegant and sexy (sometimes more one of the other -- this one goes a little more towards elegant, but that plunge neckline and how curve-huging it's going to be will be sexy, I hope).

...on second thought, you can think I'm crazy all you want because Legend of Mana is one of my fave games of all time. Gotta love those unloved PSX Squaresoft RPGs.

Other plan for next year: learn to dance. I've been to the BWBall every year since it has been around, and I still have yet to attend a single dance lesson. I know the basic steps for the waltz, cha-cha, and swing, but I want to actually get good at dancing! My date for the ball and I actually decided together that we need to practice, since we're pretty evenly matched skill-wise, haha.

sioda_mactiir

she definitely has the elegant part. except for the back thing she has, that just looks silly

Admiral Donuts

Fanime Con 2013 might be my last con for a while... my job (or lack of a job) might be taking me back across the country. Parts of Russia will be closer to San Jose than me.

Goals:
-Be in such better shape that you don't recognize me
-Do comedy club again
-Meet some people
-Watch the entire One Piece marathon

CosplayDevotee

I'll be returning as Death the Kid and most likely Harley Quinn but my biggest concern right now is figuring out what the hell I can cosplay that goes with the new theme for next year. There are going to be SO MANY Alice in Wonderland's and Black Butlers. DX

BunofGovt

Attend more panels.  I hurt my foot this year and couldn't get around as much, also had to cut down to one cosplay.  If Clockwork Alchemy comes back with Fanime, plan on going to more panels there as well.  Planning on a cosplay to fit next year's theme that doesn't involve Alice or a Butler ha ha ha (there was a large Disney gathering, hope to get inspiration from that - can't wait to see what they try next year!).
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

thedoctorinblue

Quote from: BobMakihara on May 31, 2012, 12:56:01 PM
My plan is to improve my "Saxophoniness" for next Fanime:

1) Learn and arrange more game/anime/geek songs.
2) Form a group of other musicians to play songs with me.
3) Play at more cosplay gatherings.
4) ???
5) Profit

I have an entire year to practice, which means my repertoire will be expanded and I will try to play songs that are harder and longer.  ;)

--Mkali (Fanime Sax Guy)

I'll bring my trumpet. You might remember me, I was hanging around you in the red umbrella security cosplay outside the con on Monday. Can't wait to see you next year! Loved your music!

Maskenlav

Quote from: Affliction on June 03, 2012, 05:26:54 PM
I'll be returning as Death the Kid and most likely Harley Quinn but my biggest concern right now is figuring out what the hell I can cosplay that goes with the new theme for next year. There are going to be SO MANY Alice in Wonderland's and Black Butlers. DX

LOL at the Black Butlers.

@topic:
I'm going for a character whos from a side scroller shoot-lots-of-things-for-major-points-and-combos xbox 360 anime game called Timeless. Theres a boss who wears a tux with a semi-large pink heart armband around his elbow and carries a staff with a larger pink heart on it with 3 spikes, 2 on the sides and 1 on top so it'll be fun to see that.

P.S. looking for anyone to do this with me! I have the game manual with characters so I can take pics and send you how they look like!
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Angelx624

My plans are to bring back the Kuroshitsuji Dance Panel, as well as FINALLY have my Versailles cosplay group together. <3

Let's hope they work out. T^T
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

Alyxiane

I can't help that I love Alice in Wonderland to death. D:

The theme does make me want to go ahead and do her Queensland dress complete with an epic Hobby Horse from the Madness Returns game. But that all depends on how lazy I won't be within the next year so I could actually make it.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Bushido

TK-3942
Golden Gate Garrison
501st Legion

ANH - Stormtrooper

Maskenlav

Quote from: Bushido on June 04, 2012, 12:08:40 PM
Looking at getting this costume for 2013.
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/b/be/SithStalkerArmor-TFUUSE.jpg

you do this and I WILL take 500 million photos of you as you walk, stand, sit, eat...lmfao
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

sioda_mactiir

I think I shall make a jenova's witness thing to preach outside. just for a bit of fun.

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: Alyxiane on June 04, 2012, 09:42:36 AM

I can't help that I love Alice in Wonderland to death. D:

The theme does make me want to go ahead and do her Queensland dress complete with an epic Hobby Horse from the Madness Returns game. But that all depends on how lazy I won't be within the next year so I could actually make it.

Not complaining about legitimate cosplays lol. I'm just saying there's gonna be a lot of them XD.