Plans for next year?

Started by Mango Bunny, May 30, 2012, 12:59:04 AM

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: Maskenlav on June 04, 2012, 01:14:40 AM
Quote from: Affliction on June 03, 2012, 05:26:54 PM
I'll be returning as Death the Kid and most likely Harley Quinn but my biggest concern right now is figuring out what the hell I can cosplay that goes with the new theme for next year. There are going to be SO MANY Alice in Wonderland's and Black Butlers. DX

LOL at the Black Butlers.

@topic:
I'm going for a character whos from a side scroller shoot-lots-of-things-for-major-points-and-combos xbox 360 anime game called Timeless. Theres a boss who wears a tux with a semi-large pink heart armband around his elbow and carries a staff with a larger pink heart on it with 3 spikes, 2 on the sides and 1 on top so it'll be fun to see that.

P.S. looking for anyone to do this with me! I have the game manual with characters so I can take pics and send you how they look like!

Tried looking it up online but nothing showed up. Any character names you could throw my way so I can check it out?

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: sioda_mactiir on June 04, 2012, 04:06:18 PM
I think I shall make a jenova's witness thing to preach outside. just for a bit of fun.

Maybe I'll dress up as Brian from Monty Python's Life of Brian and preach.

Maskenlav

Quote from: Affliction on June 04, 2012, 08:02:41 PM
Tried looking it up online but nothing showed up. Any character names you could throw my way so I can check it out?

I'll send you a pic of the characters when I get the chance to! So look for a message in the near future!
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: Maskenlav on June 05, 2012, 02:21:57 PM
Quote from: Affliction on June 04, 2012, 08:02:41 PM

I'll send you a pic of the characters when I get the chance to! So look for a message in the near future!

will do! Ya my husband and I are open to some ideas for cosplay options next year.

Maskenlav

Quote from: Affliction on June 05, 2012, 06:44:46 PM
will do! Ya my husband and I are open to some ideas for cosplay options next year.

the only problem would be getting or creating their costumes cause it's quite unique and only in that game. The funny thing is when you pick the main girl character my guy will "appear" and try to win you over if you lose the round or to him ;D so me and your husband can pull him off if you guys decide to do this with me lol so hopefully I can get an actual group with some gals to be each girl characters and some guys to be the guy characters with an NPC girl boss who does the same for them and do a small gathering skit haha
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Iresia

Last year, I was unable to cosplay due to financial troubles. We'd recently moved and all of my costumes, wigs, etc. along with my sewing machine were packed up and being stored at my aunt's place. In fact, it's all still up there.

:c

It was hard to wander the con with my friends and be the only one out of costume. I felt incredibly left out. That's why I plan to pick up my sewing machine and my trunk of fabric when I visit my aunt for the holidays. I also have a paying job now, and I'm hoping to have some spare cash for some new costumes this year!

So, goal number one! Have at least one new costume finished by April. I miss sewing, and I'm genuinely concerned that I'll struggle with it since it's been so long. That's why I want to get back into it as soon as possible!

Secondly, I want to get fit. I'm actually already pretty slim but I want to tone up. Thankfully, that new job I mentioned...yeah, I work at a gym. :> I have a few months, so I'm not especially concerned. Just gotta keep eating well and stay active at work. Plus the job comes with a free gym membership so I can go in and work out on my days off.

Third, I want to have a decent amount of money saved up by March. Hotel/food/transportation money, cash for the AA and DH, and a little extra in case of an emergency all set aside. I also plan to pre-reg, of course.

I also want to try to be a little more social and make some new friends. o uo That and attend more events. Concerts, gatherings, panels, screenings, etc. I went to several last year, but there were a lot of panels that I ended up missing due to various reasons.

I want to make the most of the next Fanime. I'm really looking forward to it and it's a big motivator for me to keep working hard.

This post has gotten longer than I planned! > u< I think I'll end it here.
So says the Izzy monster.

flameroad123

Since that half of the people that go to fanime are from all corners for the world. It should be a World Ninja Tournament. And the winner of the tournament gets the "World Ninja" in the form a afro samurai like headband or title belt. It could take place in the gaming hall or some where else inside the convention.