Programming Operations is Recruiting for 2013!

Started by beyourgravity, June 01, 2012, 06:05:49 AM

beyourgravity

FanimeCon 2011-2012 Info Desk
FanimeCon 2012-2013 Programming Operations

We're Recruiting
Programming Operations!
Info Desk!

kookiekween99

Quote from: beyourgravity on June 01, 2012, 06:05:49 AMRequirements:
  • 3+ years of convention staff or volunteer experience
Does this have to be with Fanime, or can it be with another convention? Because I worked for ASAHiCon for 4 years. The first year I was just staff, the second year I was co-head of Registration, the third year I was both head of Registration and the Web Master and Graphic Designer. The fourth year, I kept all my previous duties, but was also one of the co-chairs. Also, I feed off information and planning things.

Quote from: beyourgravity on June 01, 2012, 06:05:49 AMResponsibilites:
  • Be able to work at least 24-hours at-Con for our department
Do all 24 hours have to be worked at con or can some of them be worked pre-con? I've been considering staffing Fanime for a while, but my main barrier is the 24 at-con hours. I have enough trouble fitting everything I want to do in one weekend as-is. Taking 24 hours out of that will just make it more difficult to fit everything in. If it won't work for this department, is there another department that accepts pre-con hours?
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

beyourgravity

Quote from: kookiekween99 on June 01, 2012, 08:10:03 AM
Quote from: beyourgravity on June 01, 2012, 06:05:49 AMRequirements:
  • 3+ years of convention staff or volunteer experience
Does this have to be with Fanime, or can it be with another convention? Because I worked for ASAHiCon for 4 years. The first year I was just staff, the second year I was co-head of Registration, the third year I was both head of Registration and the Web Master and Graphic Designer. The fourth year, I kept all my previous duties, but was also one of the co-chairs. Also, I feed off information and planning things.

Quote from: beyourgravity on June 01, 2012, 06:05:49 AMResponsibilites:
  • Be able to work at least 24-hours at-Con for our department
Do all 24 hours have to be worked at con or can some of them be worked pre-con? I've been considering staffing Fanime for a while, but my main barrier is the 24 at-con hours. I have enough trouble fitting everything I want to do in one weekend as-is. Taking 24 hours out of that will just make it more difficult to fit everything in. If it won't work for this department, is there another department that accepts pre-con hours?

The experience can be with any convention. =] I think your experience with ASAHiCon definitely qualifies you for the experience requirement. We (at ProgOps) also work closely with Info Desk leadership (I know because I'm on their team as a Second) so we have heard some good things already about you from another Info Desk Second. ;]

We will permit a maximum of 4 hours pre-con work to count towards the 24 hours, but no further. (Prior arrangement required.)

If you have any further questions please feel free to reply and we will answer as best we can.

We're Recruiting
Programming Operations!
Info Desk!

beyourgravity

We are still looking for new staff for Fanime 2013, please don't hesitate to apply or ask a question!

Staff Applications site still isn't up yet, so you can use this method for now.

We're Recruiting
Programming Operations!
Info Desk!