Guests I Want for Fanime 2013!!!!!!!!

Started by Nina Star 9, June 01, 2012, 09:45:30 AM

kuorra

Quote from: goofanader on June 29, 2012, 07:49:58 PM
Mangaka is all I really want XD

- Ume Aoki (author of Hidamari Sketch and character designer of Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
- Morinaga Milk (author of Girl Friends)
- Yuki Midorikawa (author of Natsume's Book of Friends)

Also, anyone from the video game company Vanillaware (they made Odin's Sphere) would be AWESOME.

I second the Yuki Midorikawa and Ume Aoki suggestions~

GokuMew2

Quote from: TurtwigGirl413 on June 30, 2012, 09:39:45 PM
I don't know why, but I've always wanted FUNimation to come to Fanime...they're just so awesome and they're staff seems so fun. They could add more fun and life to the Fanime atmosphere :) They could also do panels about upcoming dubs and etc.

FUNimation has had a presence at FanimeCon in the past, though I can't say I remember seeing them in the dealers room these past few years. It's not about us inviting them. If they want to come, they can come. All they have to do is register for the con and for a panel. You should try telling THEM that you want them to come to FanimeCon. =)
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Latte

Quote from: TurtwigGirl413 on June 30, 2012, 09:31:55 PM
Guests I would LOVE to see at Fanime:
-Eric Vale
-J. Michael Tatum
-Todd Haberkorn
-Patrick Seitz
-Christopher Bevins
-Crispin Freeman
-Johnny Yong Bosch
-Daisuke Ono
-Hiroshi Kamiya

Just suggestions. If you haven't noticed, they're all voice actors. haha

Definite must, at least Crispin Freeman, Daisuke Ono and Hiroshi Kamiya. I've never seen any of these wonderful people in person and would love to meet them at fanimecon. ^_^

dancingpenguin

My guests list for next year is still the same as last year!  :D

The following people are who I am hoping will make an appearance.   

For English Voice Actors:
- David Hayter
- Johnny Yong Bosch
- Kate Higgins
- Crispin Freeman
- Quinton Flynn
- Michelle Ruff

For Japanese Voice Actors:
- Maaya Sakamoto

For manga artisit and video game creator:
- Hideo Kojima
- Bisco Hatori ( I <3 OHSHC, favorite manga of all time! ^____^)
- Matsuri Hino
- Kagami Yoshimizu

And lastly, as a musical appearance, Dir En Grey and Utada Hikaru! :3

Also, one more thing, please don't delay the guest of honors for Fanime 2013. :( I'm really hoping to see at least ONE of the people on my guest list suggestions.

cutiebunny

I only care about Japanese animation/game artists and mangaka, so, that's all I'm asking for.  I'm indifferent to musical guests, and could care less about US industry people.  I'm not a dub fan, so they don't appeal to me.

That being said, in short, I really don't care who you snag as long as they're laid back, love being with their fans, and want to draw for their fans.  If money's an issue, a mangaka whose title hasn't been released in the US or even some key animators from production studios would be nifty.  Or maybe an artist who hit their prime 1-3 decades ago and hasn't done anything since.  A lot of times, these people are very talented, but because of their age or the standard "manga-publisher-owns-everything" arrangement, they're relatively unknown in the US.

But if I were to be as unrealistic as possible, I'd love to see -

Mangaka / Doujin -

Naoko Takeuchi (yup..pipe dream..)
Arina Tanemura
Shoko Conami
Rui Araizumi
Matsuri Hino
Natsumi Ando
Alpha
Rumiko Takahashi
Aya Shouto
Haruto Ikezawa
Rei Toma
Bisco Hatori
Kaworu Watashiya (I would love to go to an 18+ panel with mangaka of 'Kodomo no Jikan')

Anime -

Yone Kazuki
Atsuko Nakajima
Yoshiyuki Sadamoto
Takahiro Yoshimatsu (he was pretty spiffy at Fanime 2011)
Yoshihito Nishimura
Ikuko Ito
Chiho Saito
Kazumi Tamagai
Kazuko Tadano
Kumiko Takahashi
Hiromi Kato
Keigo Sasaki
Kazuchika Kise

And of course, I'd still love to see Mamoru Yokota there, and even FLOW.  They feel like such staples at Fanime now that it doesn't quite seem like Fanime without them around.   If Yokota comes back, I seriously hope that we can have the Yokota Special Auction again and increase his 18+ panel to 2 hours.

Mantaray3000

Please Consider:

Japanese Guests: Kana Hanazawa, Marina Inoue, Yoko Hikasa, Fumiko Orikasa, and Mamoru Miyano.

American Guests: Rob Paulsen, Jennifer Hale, Tara Strong and D.C Douglas.

Manga Artists: Matsuri Hino

Freeden

OtakuMcGreevy

Quote from: Maskenlav on June 06, 2012, 02:59:15 AM
Quote from: BunofGovt on June 04, 2012, 09:31:36 PM
Vic Mignogna ha ha ha ha ha (we've wondered every year why we can't get him).

he's property of sac-anime cause he's like always their guest during summer shows lol

@topic: I say we get Laura Baily! She's going to be sac-anime's summer guest again so let's try to get some smaller con guests to make fanime home to ALL sorts of guests instead of always trying to get high rated J-pop singers or anime studio directors
I would LOVE Laura Bailey to come!! And Travis Willingham as well(it would probably work that way anyways since they're married XD)!

OtakuMcGreevy

Quote from: TurtwigGirl413 on June 30, 2012, 09:31:55 PM
Guests I would LOVE to see at Fanime:
-Eric Vale
-J. Michael Tatum
-Todd Haberkorn
-Patrick Seitz
-Christopher Bevins
-Crispin Freeman
-Johnny Yong Bosch
-Daisuke Ono
-Hiroshi Kamiya

Just suggestions. If you haven't noticed, they're all voice actors. haha
I second them all, but I SUPER second the English VAs because Fanime doesn't usually have a whole lot );

keitoghostie

putting in a vote for Kunihiko Ikuhara!

homurun

Quote from: Hikalynn on June 01, 2012, 03:18:06 PM
I was wondering if you guys could get Akiakane (Aki Akane/ 秋赤音) as a guest for Fanime 2013.

She's a PV artist who does the music videos for really popular Vocaloid songs such as wowaka's "Rolling Girl" (reached over 1mil views on Youtube) , "Rosetta", "Out of Eden", and "Migikata no Chou." She also does artwork for the bands Ikemen and PointFive. Akiakane is only 19, so she will certainly bring life to the convention.

In addition to art, she sings and has recently made her debut under the single ANtiNotice, which makes her a possible MusicFest guest as well. Her style has earned her the nickname of "Screaming Cinderella" on Nico Nico Douga, where she has over 1 million followers.

She has done conventions before, such as Japan Expo in France, so she is experienced. She is also going to HEX (Hawaii Entertainment Expo) this October according to her facebook page.

You guys can contact her and her staff easily via her twitter or Facebook.

(Twitter: _akiakane
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/%E7%A7%8B-%E8%B5%A4%E9%9F%B3/229488563732715)

Please consider getting her as a guest, it would be like having a singer and an artist at the same time.

Thanks.

Yessss. Akiakane as a guest would be awesome.

It would also be cool if you guys could invite Jin/Shizen no Teki-P.

erkk

Getting andrew hussie for autographs or something would be amazing. ;w;
Fanime 2013

keitoghostie

Quote from: erkk on August 16, 2012, 07:03:27 PM
Getting andrew hussie for autographs or something would be amazing. ;w;
I think Andrew Hussie would be a more suitable guest for something like WonderCon or APE as opposed to an anime convention, personally

GodSlayer

A few more guests that would be incredible to have at Fanime:

-Takahiro Arai - Mangaka -Works: Darren Shan, AR∀GO
-Toshiaki Iwashiro - Mangaka - Works: Mieru Hito, Pysren
-Juuzou Kawai - Mangaka - Works: Takama-Ga-Hara (new artist, just started in Weekly Shonen Jump/Jump Alpha)

theavail

I would totally love Cyril Lumboy of Dolldelight to be a guest!

http://dolldelight.com

Giantsgiants

Cristina Vee. Saw her at Animation On Display and she's great. ^^

yukisnowfox

i would like Parle Productions to come!!! :D their cosplaying videos are quite funny and in some cases Inspiraring. <3

TupacTheRobot

Tetsuya Kakihara
Katsuyuki Konishi
Yukari Fukui
Marina Inoue
Arisa Ogasawara
Mariya Ise
Kōji Ishii
Hiroyuki Yoshino
Yuka Komatsu
Ayumi Fujimura
Mega64
Egoraptor

HanyaanFaery

I have one request, and only one request:

Hirohiko Araki

best known as the author of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, one of the longest-running manga in Weekly Jump history (now being serialized in its eighth arc in Ultra Jump). The anime just started airing in Japan last week, and upcoming next year in the summer is a brand new video game. His comic has been published by Viz, the OVA of the third manga arc brought to the US, the fighting game just got re-released on PSN and Xbox Live, one of his shorter standalone works was recently published in the US, and his artwork has been featured in the Louvre and used to advertise for Gucci Japan. He's a truly legendary artist whose work influenced almost all shounen manga from the 1990s and later, and is said to be very kind. More importantly for Fanime, oh my goodness are JoJo fans hardcore. It's a smaller fanbase than something like Bleach or Naruto, but if you brought over Araki, you wouldn't just get local fans; you'd get fans from other parts of the country, and most likely other countries altogether. I personally know 10+ people who have JoJo tattoos, if that gives you an idea. I'll try and see how many other people I can find who would do whatever they can to go to Fanime if you were to get Araki, to come here and share that information.

GodSlayer

Totally seconding the Hirohiko Araki request!!!