Guests I Want for Fanime 2013!!!!!!!!

Started by Nina Star 9, June 01, 2012, 09:45:30 AM

Dragon Ninja

I would love for Erin Fitzgerald to come to Fanime. I talked with her on Facebook and she said just needs to get an invite to come.

Here's her website:

erinfitzvo.com

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Glitch

Quote from: bahamutknightzero on December 05, 2012, 03:50:33 PM
Quote from: Glitch on December 05, 2012, 01:41:39 PM
Since I´ve seen the nostalgia critic brought up a few times, I think we should collectively try to convince him to come. Maybe send a mass of emails to him or make a facebook page or something.
Of course the only actual problem would be that he is not teachnically an anime guest. This seems to be the main factor in a lot of guest ideas being turned down.

Well there is the alternative, inviting the Japanese media related reviewers (ex: JessOtaku, Marzgurl, Suede, Bennett the Sage, Jew Wario, Psychotaku, Psycho Neko)
Some of those already come as attendees/panelist, so I´m wondering if NC being a panelist instead of a guest wouldn´t be farfetched. It´d worth a try to at least attempt to ask for him to come that way.

Firemage1000

TeamFourStar and YuGiOh Abridged

Great people who have done numerous fantastic episodes of abridging and are the best in the business.

2016 Cosplays:
Kuvira the Great Uniter  -- Legend of Korra
Ferid Bathory -- Owari no Seraph
Irimi Kaya -- Tokyo Ghoul
Erica -- Gangsta.

yoshi4sushi

Quote from: InsaneChan on November 15, 2012, 10:48:42 PM
Anyone from the Yugioh franchise, but most of all:

Kenjirou Tsuda (VA)

OMG! i love him so much. he does so much other fave characters of mine.

yoshi4sushi

Jap Seiyuus:
Mayumi Tanaka
Kazuhiko Inoue
Kazuya Nakai
Masakazu Morita
Junichi Suwabe

Eng. Seiyuus:
Vic Mignona
Crispin Freeman
Michelle Ruff

Music Guest:
The Rootless (ONE PIECE)
SCANDAL
7! Oops
Uverworld

kookiekween99

There are a lot of artists that I'd love to meet, but they all stick to the East Coast because West Coast cons never invite them.

Just today, I asked Interrobang Studios why their convention schedule didn't include any West Coast cons, and I suggested adding Fanime to their con tour. Their response:

QuoteAmber, We're venturing further and further west! This year, we're stretching all the way to St. Louis! If you really want us at your local show, gather a group of friends together and lobby for your convention to invite us as Guests. The more people ask on forums and via email, the more likely the convention will help us make the trip.

This is pretty much the same response I get from every artist or internet celebrity I ask. But I have never seen Fanime's Guest Relations invite anyone but industry professionals. (Except for when LittleKuriboh was in the Dealer's Hall. That was super awesome, even though he wasn't officially listed as a guest.) Why not show a little love to semi-professionals? I imagine inviting a few webcomic artists and internet reviewers is cheaper than just one Japanese guest.

I'm not saying we don't do industry/Japanese guests. Those are still very important. But Fanime is all about "By Fans, For Fans," so maybe it's time to invite a few fans as guests.

(Also, just curious, do staff actually read this thread? Or is it just here to humor us?)
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

lyricaldanichan

Various Staff do read this thread, but mostly to get an idea of what people would like to see at fanimecon and go from there. It is good that there has been a lot of feedback on what guests people would like to see this year.

Quote from: kookiekween99 on December 18, 2012, 09:54:20 PM
There are a lot of artists that I'd love to meet, but they all stick to the East Coast because West Coast cons never invite them.

Just today, I asked Interrobang Studios why their convention schedule didn't include any West Coast cons, and I suggested adding Fanime to their con tour. Their response:

QuoteAmber, We're venturing further and further west! This year, we're stretching all the way to St. Louis! If you really want us at your local show, gather a group of friends together and lobby for your convention to invite us as Guests. The more people ask on forums and via email, the more likely the convention will help us make the trip.

This is pretty much the same response I get from every artist or internet celebrity I ask. But I have never seen Fanime's Guest Relations invite anyone but industry professionals. (Except for when LittleKuriboh was in the Dealer's Hall. That was super awesome, even though he wasn't officially listed as a guest.) Why not show a little love to semi-professionals? I imagine inviting a few webcomic artists and internet reviewers is cheaper than just one Japanese guest.

I'm not saying we don't do industry/Japanese guests. Those are still very important. But Fanime is all about "By Fans, For Fans," so maybe it's time to invite a few fans as guests.

(Also, just curious, do staff actually read this thread? Or is it just here to humor us?)

eralston

Quote from: kookiekween99 on December 18, 2012, 09:54:20 PM

Yes I do read this thread and have a database of every guest request made over the year for most of the large cons (over 10k unique requests) in the US. I run statistics on the requests to try and identify what guests both match the requests that are submitted and match what GR wants in a FanimeCon Guest of Honor.
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

Metsu golden

All I ask is simple please get Egorapter and Jontron for a gamegrumps panel and also bring back Bennett the sage and Little Kuriboh. Oh and maybe the Angry Videogame Nerd to talk about his movie.

Harpaw8

One name.....J. Michel Tatum!

I would be so happy if he came  :D

Dare9179

I want batman (90's) and a voice actor from Tiger and Bunny

kohai.brichan.sano

Meg Turney! She replied to me on Twitter saying that she would definitely go to fanime as a guest and she is a great person/host/cosplayer :)

-Brianna Barenberg

WildRoar

the yogscast for all those yognaughts/yognauts out at Fanime!

DayDreamerNessa

-maaya sakamato singer, seiyuu
-masakuza katsura mangaka, character designer
-hiroaki hirata seiyuu
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

squitwert

Miss Hannah Minx
Christopher Poole (moot)
Arin Hanson (Egoraptor)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Lucifargundam

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

pumbloom

Game Grumps. Can we make this happen? Arin Hanson said he loves going to cons and all he needs is an invite.

otakuya

Quote from: pumbloom on January 23, 2013, 09:41:01 PM
Game Grumps. Can we make this happen? Arin Hanson said he loves going to cons and all he needs is an invite.
Seconded. They both live in CA, so it shouldn't be as difficult.

I'd like to have Little Kuriboh back, this time as an actual guest with panels and autographs. Sounds like he loves it here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tspgn5eVKNo

Kaiami

Any chance we can get some mangaka guest of honors this year??

This first one would be a dream come true
Sahara Mizu: My Girl, Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
Koyama Chuuya: Uchuu Kyouudai
Umino Chica: Honey and Clover, Sangatsu no Lion
Sakisaka Io: Strobe Edge, Aoharaido
Nakahara Aya: Love Com
Natsume Isaku: Tight Rope, Doushiyoumo Nai Keredo
Ohba Tsugumi and Obata Takeshi: Death Note, Bakuman
Shimura Takako: Hourou Musuko, Aoi Hana

Just to name a few

Also Japanese models??
Fukasawa Midori in particular!
Also
Kimura U
Akira
Kyary
Amoyamo
Aoki Misako

GokuMew2

Models would be tough. They're not directly related to anime, manga, or games, and their agencies are likely to be very restrictive (no photos, etc).
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests