2013 Registration

Started by AthenaAngie, June 13, 2012, 04:52:45 PM

AthenaAngie

I know this makes me sound a little too excited and/or paranoid but is there a date or a guess when the registration will start for next year? 2011 was a bit too early and for just a few weeks/months while 2012 was late and more shorter weeks in between price changes.

Maskenlav

I'm gonna assume sometime like in october or november. Don't think they'll release the earliest badge orders yet anytime soon

hopefully the first set of prices will go down to I think it was $40 again back in '11 before the Alchemy con made fanime hike up 5 dollars for starter rate.
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

chifunii

Quote from: Maskenlav on June 14, 2012, 01:09:30 AM
hopefully the first set of prices will go down to I think it was $40 again back in '11 before the Alchemy con made fanime hike up 5 dollars for starter rate.

At-con pre-reg was $45 this year, meaning, that when pre-reg goes online, it'll probably $50. The price goes up every few years to compensate for inflation, bigger acts/events, and higher rates for the services [like renting venue space], should the companies decide to up their prices.
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

kookiekween99

I don't think they increased the price because of Clockwork Alchemy. Besides, even if it was because of Clockwork Alchemy, I doubt the price would go back down, since I've heard rumors that they're keeping Clockwork Alchemy.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

AthenaAngie

I see, I see. Thanks a lot for the answers!  ;D

elfgirlkaname

I asked at con, and was told by a couple of rovers staff that it will be 50$ to pre-reg starting rate :)

SOawesomeness

Quote from: elfgirlkaname on June 23, 2012, 11:18:19 PM
I asked at con, and was told by a couple of rovers staff that it will be 50$ to pre-reg starting rate :)
Just so that we're all on the same page-- it may/may not be $50. The official membership rates will be posted, and are not yet official. Soooo in saying that.... just keep in mind it may/may not be $X amount.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

YaoiCat

How early would you suggest booking a hotel room if I want to stay in one of the hotels that is connected to the convention center?  Also, will there be special rates offered for Fanime attendees once registration goes live?

kookiekween99

Quote from: YaoiCat on September 01, 2012, 08:27:56 PM
How early would you suggest booking a hotel room if I want to stay in one of the hotels that is connected to the convention center?  Also, will there be special rates offered for Fanime attendees once registration goes live?

Hotel Reservations are handled separately from Registration. Fanime does negotiate special hotel rates for attendees, but these generally don't become available until around December.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

M

The current goal is to open up Registration for FanimeCon AND the hotels at the same time. It only makes sense (to us at least!).

(This isn't a promise, only what we're currently planning. As with everything else, one small, minor thing may prevent us from executing this plan!)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Cab0sAn

I pre-registered for 2013 at-con this year on Monday, and I received a receipt with my name, member ID and email, as well as the fact that I paid in cash for it, so when Fanime 2013 comes, do I just show the receipt and my ID to the staff at badge pickup?

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Cab0sAn on September 12, 2012, 11:00:52 PM
I pre-registered for 2013 at-con this year on Monday, and I received a receipt with my name, member ID and email, as well as the fact that I paid in cash for it, so when Fanime 2013 comes, do I just show the receipt and my ID to the staff at badge pickup?
You should just be able to show your valid government issued photo ID at the time of pickup. As with anything, our policies may change so I'd suggest double checking a few months prior to Fanime 2013 just to make sure you're all set. (:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

YaoiCat

If you pre-register, do you receive your badge ahead of time?  Or do you still have to wait in that terrible line when you arrive at the con?  It was terrible this year, was waiting for like 4 hours so by the time I actually got in, half of my day was gone and I had missed a bunch of panels that I wanted to attend :(

echoshadow

@yaoicat, no you dont get the badge mailed or anything like that. And yes you'll still wait in line, but not in that huge long line. You just walk to the short line inside the room where you pay.
I belive it took me about less than a hour on day zero to get my badge, even when the power went out, and I couldn't find my email confermation. But if that did't happen I would have been in and out in less that 30 minutes.
So yes prereg. is always faster.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Olivine

You were lucky then. I was there for six hours on Thursday, was forced to leave because my mother wouldn't allow me to stay and had to come back Friday to stand for another two hours to get my badge. I think it all depends on when you arrive on Day 0, I had school so I couldn't be there earlier than three.
Dead by Daylight gathering organizer

SugarB

Quote from: MPLe on September 07, 2012, 12:07:13 AM
The current goal is to open up Registration for FanimeCon AND the hotels at the same time. It only makes sense (to us at least!).

(This isn't a promise, only what we're currently planning. As with everything else, one small, minor thing may prevent us from executing this plan!)

If that's the case, is there any tentative month that this would be happening?

For instance, I personally handle Fanime for all my friends (everyone goes into my reg group and I book all the rooms), and since Housing usually goes up Jan/Feb I told them I needed final commitments by the first week of January.

But if housing is expected to open sooner than January it might be a good thing to know so I can have a final head count by then so I can actually book enough rooms.

And of course, as you said, it's only the plan and not set in stone yet, but I figured I'd ask just to be as prepared as possible~
Now you have a sudden HUNCH you're alone in the WORLD.
All alone with THINKS and HUNCHES all colored and curled!

TupacTheRobot

Now that it's been brought up, has Fanime considered mailing out badges?

What about streamlining Registration lines?

echoshadow

Quote from: TupacTheRobot on October 25, 2012, 02:19:18 PM

That question has been asked at every con for the last 5+ years. Its the same answers why sporting events and music concerts stoped doing it.
1. Counterfit
2. Postage cost.
3. Scams. (I lost my ticket, can I have another one?)

Which kind of leads me to the next question. There should be clearly marked lines for pre-reg.(will call) and at con registration.

TupacTheRobot

Quote from: echoshadow on October 25, 2012, 06:21:35 PM
Quote from: TupacTheRobot on October 25, 2012, 02:19:18 PM

That question has been asked at every con for the last 5+ years. Its the same answers why sporting events and music concerts stoped doing it.
1. Counterfit
2. Postage cost.
3. Scams. (I lost my ticket, can I have another one?)

Which kind of leads me to the next question. There should be clearly marked lines for pre-reg.(will call) and at con registration.

1. How exactly would this happen? Making fake badges? They don't ever show you what the badges look like until you get them, Money? Wouldn't it be done the same way as Pre-reg?
2. Why would you charge shipping for badges? I mean you already paying enough as is
3. Yeah have you been to Fanime? Whatever you put your name down will act as an ID for your own badge

Also wow way to miss my point of I am saying, I am not talking about the marked lines for reg/pre-reg, I am talking about having more than 3 computers for 1,000 people in line as well as having multiple lines for registration with someone organizing them

You also misspelled "stopping" and "counterfeit"

echoshadow

Thanks for the spelling police.
1. If you mail out the badge ahead if time low lifes can make photo copies.
2. Cost simple math here.
Example: stamps @.40 cents each. Add 10,000 attendes.
.40*10,000= $4,000
Now factor the cost of the envolpes, the badges, and the staff help to stuff them in. Can you stuff 10,000 badges into envolpes by youself?

3. I should have explain a bit more with that scam. Say we did mail out tickets. Some low life can say "I lost my ticket, send me another" when in fact they never lost it they just wanted a free extra ticket. They could esaily say "it got lost in the mail"
Also the school id scam was a problem a few years ago. People would make fake school ids with the same name on the badge. So there was like 5+ people using one badge.

And yes I do agree with 3 comps for 1000 people. There needs to be more staff at registration

I hope that makes it easier to understand, also I made a few spelling mistkes. Please highlight the incorrect words to win a prize.