Any idea when Tabletop gaming will be taking volunteers?

Started by Rodney_Pheonix, August 29, 2012, 09:47:08 PM

Rodney_Pheonix

Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

cottoncandymuffin

Generally volunteers can't sign up until at the convention after they get their badge. You can for the most part choose where you volunteer though ;)

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Staff (pre-con planning/helping/etc) or Volunteer ("I got some spare time, need a hand?") actually?

(Edit: I do ask this because it can be misinterpreted. Also pressing submit than preview =( ).
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Rodney_Pheonix

Volunteers to be staff I mean. I love going to the con and I feel I should give back beyond just having a Semi-organized Joss Whedon gathering.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

eralston

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on September 03, 2012, 10:21:32 AM
Volunteers to be staff I mean. I love going to the con and I feel I should give back beyond just having a Semi-organized Joss Whedon gathering.

There is a distinction between volunteers and staff. You can read about volunteering here which highlights the main differences.

QuoteWhat is the difference between Volunteering and Staffing
To staff, you must apply to a department prior to FanimeCon and they may add you if there is room. There is a significant time commitment which involves a series of staff meetings and possible trainings. During the convention you must work at least 24 hours although more is typically expected. You do receive a staff badge and will not need to first purchase a regular attendee membership.

Volunteering does not require any time commitment before the convention and you can sign up at FanimeCon. We always need more volunteers and in only the rarest situations would we turn help away. Once you complete your 20 hours (5 hours for a one-day badge) you are free to enjoy the rest of the convention. You do have to purchase a regular attendee membership first but you get reimbursed after finishing your hours.
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

Rodney_Pheonix

Well then I'd like to be a member of staff at tabletop gaming if you'd have me then.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

eralston

As far as I am aware tabletop has not decided if they will need additional staff for next year. Since the staff recruitment site is not up yet, departments already looking for staff are posting here.

Another way to attempt join staff would be to attend one of the general staff meetings and talk with the department(s) that you are interested in. Most of the meetings times & locations are posted on the Staff & Volunteers subforum and/or the FanimeCon Staff twitter. You could also try emailing the department.
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

Umi.Ryuuzaki

^yup. Do send a email out to the dept so they know there is someone wanting to join.

For the moment though, the Gaming Hall Departments (E-Gaming Console/PC, Tabletop, Arcades) will make their staff recruiting announcements when they are ready for recruitment.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Rodney_Pheonix

Is the staff meeting today open to anyone who wants to go ant attempt to join staff or not? I need to know before I burn three hours drive time to San Jose.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Umi.Ryuuzaki

The general staff meetings are open to the public and those looking to join staff in general. Did you get a email back from Tabletop by chance?

Given the recent insane spike in fuel prices, I understand the concern.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Rodney_Pheonix

No I got a mailer daemon error saying the address was invalid. It might've been a screwup on my end though through adding a space somewhere on accident or something.

I have no idea why but my ctl-V is randomly adding Cryllic characters into the pasted address.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Umi.Ryuuzaki

o.o; might want to check if your keyboard is haunted =O

I'll be present at the meeting and checking up on all Gaming Hall Depts; if I or someone from Tabletop has any info regarding recruitment we'll post it (or reply to that email).

(Reference: I am not the Gaming Hall Manager, I am just a assistant for that person).
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Rodney_Pheonix

Whelp I'm getting in the truck and driving up. see y'all there.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?