Shin Megami Tensei / Persona 2013!

Started by linefaced, November 09, 2012, 01:05:03 AM

linefaced

Hi again everyone!  The first post should be updated with everyone and their potential costumes.  Please let me know if I missed anyone, or if you're bringing any group members that might have other SMT/Persona cosplays.

As G said, the chances of us getting a whole separate room for King's Game is looking increasingly slim, so I just shot a message to BSaphire and asked her about available spaces where we won't cause fire hazards.  If we can't get one, we'll likely just hold a photoshoot like usual, and hang around afterward if people feel like it.

linefaced

Apologies for the double post, but we have an update!

We have an official space for our round of King's Game, conveniently located in the same spot as our Day Gathering.  The Midnight Gathering will be happening on Saturday night at 11:59 pm, in location G4!

Please, please, please let us know if you will be showing up and how many people will be with you, since I will need to prepare the numbered chopsticks before this event.  Depending on how many people show up, we may have to play in teams or something similar.

Redstarship

Hey, I have a question about the location of the gathering. Where is it exactly? (the link to your map is not working. I also got a glimpse of it way before, but the layout looks different from the map shown on the convention site)

This is my first Fanime so I'm not familiar at all with the layout of the con. (so the G4 label doesn't help me much) >_<

linefaced

Whoa, sorry about that!  Should be fixed now, I'm just terrible at forum coding. 

The convention center has undergone a ton of renovations since last year, so the layout is considerably different than in 2012.  Basically, G4 is on the first floor of the center, if you're in the lobby you go straight ahead between the two staircases, and (from what I understand) there will be a large open area.  I wouldn't worry too much, as long as you get to the general vicinity we should probably be easy to spot, we usually have quite a number of cosplayers that show up each year.

DisgruntledOtaku

Hooray! An SMT Cosplay Gathering! I can't wait for this one! There seems to be a lot of Persona cosplay's this year! I have quite a few costumes that I would want to bring, but I think at this point it will probably be either Raidou Kuzunoha XIV from Devil Summoner or Minato from Persona 3. I want to be able to attend both gatherings, but I might be a tad late to the day meet because I am running a panel that ends at 3pm.

And though it's not really related to the gathering, per say, I am also going to be running a Shin Megami Tensei panel on Sunday Morning at 9am with my Panel Group, The Arizona Midnight Channel (I wonder where we got that name) and I would love to see the support from as many SMT fans as we possibly can!

Redstarship

Quote from: linefaced on May 04, 2013, 01:46:50 PM
Whoa, sorry about that!  Should be fixed now, I'm just terrible at forum coding. 

The convention center has undergone a ton of renovations since last year, so the layout is considerably different than in 2012.  Basically, G4 is on the first floor of the center, if you're in the lobby you go straight ahead between the two staircases, and (from what I understand) there will be a large open area.  I wouldn't worry too much, as long as you get to the general vicinity we should probably be easy to spot, we usually have quite a number of cosplayers that show up each year.

Fantastic! Thanks for the directions! :)

Letho

Hee-ho an SMT gathering! If all goes well and my time management stays on track I should have a completed Nekomata (the Nocturne/Persona 3 version, not the earlier blue version!) done in time for Fanime! I look forward to meeting so many other fans and hopefully I'll be able to attend both gatherings!

DarkFujin

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on April 11, 2013, 10:05:00 PM
Has anyone actually played Radiant Historia, anyway? ;P

I have! And you only played it because I let you borrow it :P

And since this seems to be a general Atlus gathering, I would like to attend as Erica from Catherine.

Angelx624

So, I'll probly make it to the midnight gathering, after all. So put me down as Rise from Persona 4 for the midnight gathering!! ^^
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

linefaced

First post has been updated with all the new attendees!

Once more, I'd like to remind people: please try and let me know if you'll be making it to the Midnight Gathering, even if you're just a maybe!  For King's Game I have to prepare a bunch of chopsticks, so I need to have at least some idea of the headcount.

CherryGeri

Oh right, i don't think i'll be at the day gathering but will definitely be at the midnight gathering!!
facebook.com/cherrygeri.cosplay

fanime17 tentative lineup: Shokugeki Megumi / BnHA Tsuyu / Maidragon Kanna / P5 Makoto / FE Fates Sakura

Inai

Count me in for the midnight gathering.

MaigoLily

Never mind, I ran out of time. I don't think I can make it.

nateb39007

Will try to make it to the Midnight Gathering. I have a photoshoot that might conflict with it that is :/
Possible Fanime 2014 cosplays:
Onoda Sakamichi (Yowapedal)
Kuroko Tetsuya (KnB)
Akihito Kanbara (KnK)
Ken Amada (P3)
Makoto Naegi (DR)
N (Pokemon B&W)
Armin Arlert (AoT)

Redstarship

HEY QUESTION for any of you guys.

So it seems that my friend may not be able to make it to Fanime (and she's the one that booked our hotel--whole 'nother rant), and she was also going to be my handler for my costumes.

If you guys don't already know, I'll be cosplaying a Stray Sheep (Catherine) and the Reaper (Persona 3,4), both of which I CANNOT see well. >_>; My question is, would anybody be so kind to help me around? Since we are cosplaying from the same series (any Catherine cosplayers for Friday?), I figure I'd just be an addition to you or your group.

If I can't find anyone, then I'm afraid I won't be able to cosplay these at all. >_>;

(I hate these last minute shenanigans...oh boy...)

dasratchet

Kannazuki and I will be going to the midnight gathering. :)

Angelx624

I will be there for the midnight gathering. ^^
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Rukazu3

I'll be there as Yu Narukami for the midnight gathering!  For those of you that don't know, i'm the one that had the golf club last time, and this time i plan on bringing the katana!

Redstarship

Hey! Since there's still question marks on who I'm gonna cosplay, I am confirming that I will be cosplaying The Reaper for the day gathering! (just finished it today! :) )

Also it would still be awesome if someone could accompany me in my sheep and reaper costumes. I CANNOT see in them and absolutely need a handler. I do have a friend of mine than can help, but I don't want her to be chained to me all weekend (esp. since we're not even cosplaying from the same series). I figure if any of your are from the same series, I hope it's cool if I can have some assistance. ^^'

And yeah, as for Midnight Gathering/King's Game, I won't be able to make it. I have other plans! )X

linefaced

Quote from: Redstarship on May 20, 2013, 06:11:39 PM
Hey! Since there's still question marks on who I'm gonna cosplay, I am confirming that I will be cosplaying The Reaper for the day gathering! (just finished it today! :) )

Also it would still be awesome if someone could accompany me in my sheep and reaper costumes. I CANNOT see in them and absolutely need a handler. I do have a friend of mine than can help, but I don't want her to be chained to me all weekend (esp. since we're not even cosplaying from the same series). I figure if any of your are from the same series, I hope it's cool if I can have some assistance. ^^'

And yeah, as for Midnight Gathering/King's Game, I won't be able to make it. I have other plans! )X

I'm afraid I can't fill the spot since I'll be trying to run the show, but you might want to clarify: do you mean you need a handler for just the gathering, a day, or the whole weekend?  The likelihood of finding someone for the latter two is probably fairly low, Fanime's usually an incredibly busy con for people who are running around doing multiple costume changes per day/attending a bunch of events, and especially on Saturday and Sunday.  You could try offering to comp them lunch or something in exchange, but I know most cosplayers have a lot going on over the weekend.