Does the Hilton allow pizza delivery?

Started by kookiekween99, December 05, 2012, 01:19:02 AM

kookiekween99

Just curious if anyone in the Hilton (or any other Fanime hotel) has tried ordering pizza delivered to their room before. I've read that some hotels allow it and some don't.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

echoshadow

Well, I haven't stayed at the Hiltion but the times I orderd when staying at other hotels there where two ways of delvery I noticed.

The frist one was the pizza boy showed up right to the room. The second time I got a call from the front desk telling my pizza was here.

That second time was only because you need a key card to use the elevators.

Other than walking to the front desk thats pretty much the biggest hassle.

Then again it all depends on the hotel. Most hotels are cool with letting pizza delvery boy go right to your room.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Amanojaku

Quote from: echoshadow on December 05, 2012, 06:28:03 PM
Well, I haven't stayed at the Hiltion but the times I orderd when staying at other hotels there where two ways of delvery I noticed.

The frist one was the pizza boy showed up right to the room. The second time I got a call from the front desk telling my pizza was here.

That second time was only because you need a key card to use the elevators.

Other than walking to the front desk thats pretty much the biggest hassle.

Then again it all depends on the hotel. Most hotels are cool with letting pizza delvery boy go right to your room.

I hope they let them use the service elevator!
FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

Freight

Yes, pizza delivery occurs at the Hilton.  You may have to go to the lobby to get it, but I've done it 2 years in a row and haven't had any real issues with it.

Junon

The only issue I've had with pizza delivery at any of the hotels is that the pizza always arrived cold, they never had any plates, and always forgot the little things like cheese and pepper.

royjovero

Why not just walk to Pizza My Heart, or if you're into having beer with your pizza, 4th St. Pizza?

They're not far away at all.

kookiekween99

Quote from: royjovero on January 08, 2013, 09:46:32 PM
Why not just walk to Pizza My Heart, or if you're into having beer with your pizza, 4th St. Pizza?

They're not far away at all.

Not into having beer with my anything, considering I'm not of legal drinking age. ^^;

Also, I was just checking for after the sun sets, since I'm not comfortable walking in the dark, no matter how safe the area may be.

During the day though, I love Pizza My Heart. :3
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

KyraEnsui

I have ordered pizzas for the last few years at the Hilton and they delivered straight to my room. No issue or problems. Just it will take time for them to deliever, but it's always hot. <3

TravelingPumpkins

I'd just call the pizza place and see if they deliver.  Worst case scenario is that you'll have to go down to the lobby to pick up the pizza.

Lucifargundam

I would reccommend paying with your card over the phone if you want best service- though giving yoru card number over the phone really doesn't sound safe :P       price to pay when you want service from someone who gets tons of prank calls to hotel rooms...

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

royjovero

This kind of makes me want to offer pizza delivery services. I tend to run out of things to do or see around 7 or 8 each night of the con. I would have to require a convenience charge though. LOL