People who blast music from their cars

Started by Giantsgiants, December 07, 2012, 03:27:50 PM

Giantsgiants

This has probably happened to you at some point in your life. You hear loud music coming from a car stereo. Sometimes, you can hear the loud thumping sound of the bass. The driver is just minding his own business.

What are your thoughts on people who blast loud music from their cars?

Amanojaku

I think they're incredibly inconsiderate people, and they need to grow up.
FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

Rhornez

i think of going through their neighborhoods with a bullet proof vest and helmet then blast metal on my stereo

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Glitch

Makes me wish it was legal to fire a flash bang into their car.

Glitch

Quote from: Rhornez on December 08, 2012, 03:02:19 PM
i think of going through their neighborhoods with a bullet proof vest and helmet then blast metal on my stereo
May I suggest some Bloodbath or The Project Hate to do the job?

echoshadow

It doesn't bother me at all. Usually if I do incounter one of thoese cars it only last as long as the traffic light is red. Then I go on my marry way.

The things I noticed from people that do get annyoed by loud music are:
1. They never had a stereo with more than 50 wattz of power.
2. They believe the best sound they ever heard was from a t.v.
3. The idea of adding a subwoofer into a car is mind boggling them.

Just so I dont sound like I'am throwing people under the bus, I was one of thoese people too. On my first car my factory stereo died so I went to a stereo shop and by the advice of the sales guy I "upgraded" my stereo with a new head unit, new speakers,  a small amp and 10" sub.

I was very shocked just how good it sounded and was completly missing out all these years. Thus the  audiophile bug bit me.

It did not end just in my car alone, my home theater system has well over 3000 wattz. Over kill? Nah till you listen to your favorte songs on that system you'll under stand why.

Then again my taste in sound quaity is far better than the dude in the car with factory speakers and 1000 wattz amp and sub. At that point it is all bass no music and the sound isn't even clean, it just sounds like an elephant's wet fart. One day they'll grow out of it.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Amanojaku

4.  They've been woken up in the middle of the night by their windows and bed vibrating as homeboy thunders down the street.
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -

Glitch

Quote from: echoshadow on December 13, 2012, 06:39:58 PM
It doesn't bother me at all. Usually if I do incounter one of thoese cars it only last as long as the traffic light is red. Then I go on my marry way.

The things I noticed from people that do get annyoed by loud music are:
1. They never had a stereo with more than 50 wattz of power.
2. They believe the best sound they ever heard was from a t.v.
3. The idea of adding a subwoofer into a car is mind boggling them.

Are you implying people who don´t like jerks with annoying loud car systems are the same as people who don´t like loud music in general?

That would be a mistake since I myself enjoy plugging my guitar in and shredding with a loud amp.

echoshadow

ah. the random midnight boomer... yeah I heard him every blue moon. Not much to worry about. The short while it take for him to dive off is the same amount of time it take me to ignore it and fall back to sleep.

@Glitch, I guess you just don't like the music they are playing. Simple as that.
Any metal fan would make an annoyed face if the car next to him was blaring country, some regional mexican music, kpop/jpop, or good old rap.

Now what if the car next to him was blaring some metal song he knows? Would that cause him to make that annoying face? Or would he just not care?

The same would go to any fan of any kind of genre
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Rhornez

I would blast Inherit Disease, Abominable Putridity, Cattle Decapitation, Dying Fetus, and some random death core for bass drops.

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Glitch

Quote from: echoshadow on December 17, 2012, 06:37:37 AM

@Glitch, I guess you just don't like the music they are playing. Simple as that.
Any metal fan would make an annoyed face if the car next to him was blaring country, some regional mexican music, kpop/jpop, or good old rap.

Now what if the car next to him was blaring some metal song he knows? Would that cause him to make that annoying face? Or would he just not care?

The same would go to any fan of any kind of genre
No, it´s the fact that it´s really loud music suddenly that blares out of nowhere. People who like hip hop even say how annoying it is(I myself like certain rap artist, so it´s hardly the case of "omg! I hatez dem rapperz!"). At a concert, you don´t like having the speaker right next to your ear. Which what the guy driving right next to you is doing.

Plus the only reason to roll down your windows and turn up the music as loud as possible is so that others can hear you.

Amanojaku

Even when its music I like, if I can feel it in my butt, it's too loud.
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -

Lucifargundam

Quote from: Rhornez on December 08, 2012, 03:02:19 PM
I like you :)

Back to the subject- I blast my metal music all the time but I turn it down when i get into "my neighborhood" or when I'm around cops :P

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

royjovero

Quote from: Amanojaku on December 19, 2012, 05:49:59 PM
So is it the volume, or the SPL (sound pressure level) that bothers you? Blaring music in any car will sound like crap. Stock speakers will sound distorted, and those with many subwoofers will be drowned out by the bass.

In my Mini Cooper, I have an upgraded head unit, speakers, and a 500W amp pushing a 10" subwoofer. It was mainly done so that music can be heard the way it was supposed to. Most basic speakers simply cannot come close to the tonal range that the songs are recorded in. All music benefits from additional bass and treble to make the music sound fuller. As for my sub, I can have the music at a totally reasonable volume and still be able to differentiate the highs, mids, and lows. Also, you will fell my sub in the seats, but the pressure won't crush your skull unless I turn up the subwoofer level, and let's face it, no matter what it is you listen to, there are just those songs that beg more MOAR BASS.

But I digress. It is my opinion that those who blare their music are looking for attention more than anything.

Lucifargundam

Quote from: Amanojaku on December 19, 2012, 05:49:59 PM
Why would you feel it in your butt? Are you talking about being in the same car? In that case, you need new seats.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.