"Magikarp: A History" 2013 - Friday, 5pm-7pm

Started by Cosplay_Rose, January 14, 2013, 07:45:58 PM

Cosplay_Rose

Hello all! We're bringing "Magikarp" back to Fanime for a third year!

"Magikarp: A History" is actually just a panel about the Pokemon Magikarp. We discuss it's origins, game basics, game strategies, anime appearances, other game appearances, and even more! This year, we're expanding the panel to be two hours long, since we have so much information to share about Magikarp (yeah, we can't believe it either).

So tell us, what would you like us to share about Magikarp?  :)

EDIT: We've been approved! "Magikarp: A History" will be back at Fanime on Friday, May 24th from 5pm to 7pm in Panels 3. (Click here for the Facebook event.)

TupacTheRobot

Maybe the reason behind it's evolution into Gyarados?

Rhornez

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Cosplay_Rose

Quote from: TupacTheRobot on January 18, 2013, 11:28:03 AM
Maybe the reason behind it's evolution into Gyarados?

We definitely cover this, it's a given, haha.

Quote from: Rhornez on January 18, 2013, 01:24:49 PM
Majikarp recipe

We'd love to find the original ones, but we've scoured the internet and haven't found anything. Do you know where we can find them?

PinkHairSasuke

Cosplay_Rose

Quote from: PinkHairSasuke on February 09, 2013, 07:36:12 AM
Why Magikarp is the master race.

Well that's a given, haha. Any specific points of why Magikarp is master race that you think we should cover?

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: Cosplay_Rose on February 10, 2013, 05:19:58 PM
Quote from: PinkHairSasuke on February 09, 2013, 07:36:12 AM
Why Magikarp is the master race.

Well that's a given, haha. Any specific points of why Magikarp is master race that you think we should cover?

How it has the power to defeat any type, has zero flaws and is revered worldwide as the greatest Pokemon ever.

Cosplay_Rose

We submitted "Magikarp: A History" the day that panel submissions went up. Now all we can do is continue improving the panel and eagerly await a response from Fanime!

PinkHairSasuke

Magikarp is master race. Fanime can't deny it.

Cosplay_Rose

Update: We've been approved! "Magikarp: A History" will be hosted on Friday, 5pm in Panels 3. (Click here for the Facebook event.)

PinkHairSasuke

So, you should show PIMPNITE on YouTube's video of Magikarp legally sweeping a team of legendary Pokemon  :P

PacificPikachu

If I can make it into this panel this year (it was too crowded last time), I may or may not bring along my gigantic shiny Magikarp pillow. It just came out in Japan on April 27th, is about 3' long, and will be arriving in the mail any day. :D

Cosplay_Rose

Quote from: PinkHairSasuke on May 06, 2013, 08:22:08 AM
So, you should show PIMPNITE on YouTube's video of Magikarp legally sweeping a team of legendary Pokemon  :P

We essentially do a break-down of that video and show step-by-step how to set up that sweep.

Quote from: PacificPikachu on May 09, 2013, 04:01:27 PM
If I can make it into this panel this year (it was too crowded last time), I may or may not bring along my gigantic shiny Magikarp pillow. It just came out in Japan on April 27th, is about 3' long, and will be arriving in the mail any day. :D

Awesome! Since the panel is on a Friday this year, I think it'll be slightly less crowded. Can't wait to see your plush, it sounds adorable! Did it come out as part of the shiny Magikarp release in Japan?