FanimeCon 2013 Attendee Registration FAQ *updated 5/1*

Started by M, January 23, 2013, 03:12:24 PM

SOawesomeness

Quote from: mryekcim on May 13, 2013, 01:23:11 AM
Will there be a sperate line for group reg or is it the same line as the rest of the pre reg.
There is only one line for pick-ups, so there will not be any special line for group registration pick-up.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

ViviVaness

I didn't see this question on the front page so sorry if it's been asked already! > n<

But do we have to print out the electronic postcards? Or can we just have it on our smart phones?

SOawesomeness

Quote from: ViviVaness on May 16, 2013, 11:08:26 AM
I didn't see this question on the front page so sorry if it's been asked already! > n<

But do we have to print out the electronic postcards? Or can we just have it on our smart phones?
It's fine to have it on your smart phones BUT just in case, I would print it out (knock on wood for any impending power outages).
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

korsair

SOawesomeness

Quote from: korsair on May 17, 2013, 09:38:22 AM
They haven't gone yet right?
If you're talking about the e-postcards, they have not. We will get it sent as soon as we can.

Thank you for your patience!
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

bubby1234

Are the electronic postcards emailed all at once? My friends are starting to get them and I haven't so I'm starting to worry a little. Thank you!

ewu

Quote from: bubby1234 on May 19, 2013, 10:01:04 PM
Are the electronic postcards emailed all at once? My friends are starting to get them and I haven't so I'm starting to worry a little. Thank you!

Please see here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,18469.msg462004.html#msg462004

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

bubby1234

Oh shoot sorry for making such a useless post. I'll direct all my postcard questions there now. Thanks!

swirlees

I hope this question hasn't been asked yet, but would it be possible to buy a badge for someone else at con for the day? I preregistered, but someone else wants to come as well now. Could I just go into the registration line and put in their information and pay for it?

ewu

Quote from: swirlees on May 19, 2013, 10:50:08 PM
I hope this question hasn't been asked yet, but would it be possible to buy a badge for someone else at con for the day? I preregistered, but someone else wants to come as well now. Could I just go into the registration line and put in their information and pay for it?

Unfortunately no, the person registering must be present. Another person can pay, but they must be present.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

LaChatNoire

I went ahead and preregistered online, but never got around to paying and now the online reg is closed... Can I stand in the pre/early reg line to pay for and pick up my badge or do I have to do an at-con registration now? I've looked everywhere for an answer to this question specifically, but to no avail. Thank you!

EJAY420

Sorry bro. I had the same issue last year. Unfortunately, your badge had to be paid off before a certain date. You are registered, but since you havent paid......no bueno.
Most Impressive.

LaChatNoire

Quote from: EJAY420 on May 21, 2013, 03:00:24 AM
Sorry bro. I had the same issue last year. Unfortunately, your badge had to be paid off before a certain date. You are registered, but since you havent paid......no bueno.

So... At-Con reg?

EJAY420

Yes. Starting friday morning. Get there early. Very early. Lines are known to take hours.
Most Impressive.

kookiekween99

On the accommodations page, under "Directions", it says "Registration for FanimeCon 2013 will be located at the main Convention Center entrance in downtown San Jose." Someone might wanna fix that.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

ewu

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 21, 2013, 03:57:42 PM
On the accommodations page, under "Directions", it says "Registration for FanimeCon 2013 will be located at the main Convention Center entrance in downtown San Jose." Someone might wanna fix that.

Emailed our web team about it. Should get fixed in the next 6 hours.

Thanks!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

ewu

Quote from: ewu on May 21, 2013, 04:32:33 PM
Emailed our web team about it. Should get fixed in the next 6 hours.

Thanks!

Spoke too soon...Fixed. Thanks awesome Web Team!
(don forget to refresh your cache!)

Eric
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

bart41

Hello,

I'm am wondering, where will the line start at the Fairmont by the Imeperial Room? My friends and I were thinking of arriving early prior to doors opening so we can get a good spot in line.

Admiral Donuts

Do the app was updated and now says reg starts at 4? Any truth to that? Can't find it anywhere else.

pokephirawriter

For those of you who have attended Fanime and used day zero to pick up your badge in the past:

What time would be best for me to get in line? (hours are from 7:00 to 10:00pm this year)