FanimeCon 2013 Attendee Registration FAQ *updated 5/1*

Started by M, January 23, 2013, 03:12:24 PM

phr34kish

They made the announcement previously. Emails aren't going out to individuals, rather use the "forgot password" function on the login screen, and that will trigger the system to give you an email for finishing the set up for your account. You can then log back in to the Fanime website and get your badge information.

somegirlkatie

Hi. I'm a derp and forgot to Pre-Reg. Is the early Registration badges still laminated? o-o;
WEIRD QUESTION I KNOW.

M

Quote from: somegirlkatie on April 01, 2013, 01:37:39 AM
Hi. I'm a derp and forgot to Pre-Reg. Is the early Registration badges still laminated? o-o;
WEIRD QUESTION I KNOW.
We are trying something new that we hope will improve time this year, so badges aren't laminated but will be a shiny plastic. :D
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Alejandro Cuba

Hope I'm putting this in the right place, since the question is about badge pick up but also ties to artist alley.  I may be wrong on this part but I thought I saw it mentioned about having a separate pick-up line for AA people.  If that's the case, will it affect a group membership at all?  And would that be for Day Zero pick-up?

ewu

Quote from: Alejandro Cuba on April 03, 2013, 08:48:03 PM
Hope I'm putting this in the right place, since the question is about badge pick up but also ties to artist alley.  I may be wrong on this part but I thought I saw it mentioned about having a separate pick-up line for AA people.  If that's the case, will it affect a group membership at all?  And would that be for Day Zero pick-up?

Not totally sure yet. It will probably be there for day zero, and can pick group reg there, but need to confirm all logistics before we actually announcing the details.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Alejandro Cuba

Quote from: ewu on April 04, 2013, 11:13:27 AM
Quote from: Alejandro Cuba on April 03, 2013, 08:48:03 PM

Not totally sure yet. It will probably be there for day zero, and can pick group reg there, but need to confirm all logistics before we actually announcing the details.

Ok, I'll keep an eye out as we get closer to see if the answer comes up later.

Junon

QuoteQ: When/Where can I pick up my membership for Pre-Registration?

A: Pre-Registration members can pick up their badges starting on Thursday, May 23, 2013; they will not be mailed beforehand. You can pick up your badge at the Pre-Registration/Early Registration area in the Imperial and Fairmont Regency ballrooms of the Fairmont Hotel. Please note that this location is different from previous years due to construction in the San Jose Convention Center.

What are the pick-up hours?

And if for example, it's from 4pm - 8pm; and if I came in on 7:55pm, will I still be be able to pick up the badge after 8pm? Or will I be asked to leave? Last year in the worst line of all time, people were being turned away, despite having pre-registered.

DangerHeart

Quote from: Junon on April 05, 2013, 12:21:48 PM
QuoteQ: When/Where can I pick up my membership for Pre-Registration?

A: Pre-Registration members can pick up their badges starting on Thursday, May 23, 2013; they will not be mailed beforehand. You can pick up your badge at the Pre-Registration/Early Registration area in the Imperial and Fairmont Regency ballrooms of the Fairmont Hotel. Please note that this location is different from previous years due to construction in the San Jose Convention Center.

What are the pick-up hours?

And if for example, it's from 4pm - 8pm; and if I came in on 7:55pm, will I still be be able to pick up the badge after 8pm? Or will I be asked to leave? Last year in the worst line of all time, people were being turned away, despite having pre-registered.

I went for Day Zero and left because of the line but I'm sure most of thursday/friday can be attributed to the black out causing huge problems for badge pickups.

I'm not staff or any way affiliated with registration but I think I've read in older threads that they only start turning people away after a certain time so that the staff can finish the people who are there and not stay into the late hours of the night. Personally speaking I get that, since their volunteers I wouldn't expect them to stay until midnight because of a surge of people lining up just before closing but that might just be my feeling towards it.

Sen

Hello! Registration caps the line at the closing time and will close it from more people getting in. Those who are still in line will be checked in.
Hours will be confirmed soon.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

mryekcim

Will picking up you badge at clockwork instead of fanime affect how the badges will look?

M

Quote from: mryekcim on April 16, 2013, 02:48:42 PM
Will picking up you badge at clockwork instead of fanime affect how the badges will look?
Yes. The Clockwork Alchemy pick up station will have the Clockwork Alchemy design and the FanimeCon ones will have the FanimeCon designs.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Junon

Quote from: MPLe on April 16, 2013, 04:14:45 PM
Yes. The Clockwork Alchemy pick up station will have the Clockwork Alchemy design and the FanimeCon ones will have the FanimeCon designs.

Will pre-registration badges also be available at Clockwork for pick up on Thursday as well? Or is this a Fairmont only thing?

Sen

Quote from: Junon on April 24, 2013, 03:52:44 PM
Quote from: MPLe on April 16, 2013, 04:14:45 PM

Will pre-registration badges also be available at Clockwork for pick up on Thursday as well? Or is this a Fairmont only thing?

Clockwork Alchemy will also have Thursday badge pickup.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13

Sen

Claudia

Chair Radio '15
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13

kookiekween99

At-con Reg? On Thursday? Bwah??

And do the at-con hours include pre-reg pickup? So I can't pick up my badges until 7 pm?
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Tsu

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 02, 2013, 08:14:58 PM

And do the at-con hours include pre-reg pickup? So I can't pick up my badges until 7 pm?

The FAQ still says only pre and early can pick up on Thursday, so I think something's mismarked here... though I'm surprised as much as you are if you can only start picking up your badge at 7pm...
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

ewu

Thurs pickup is still only prereg and early reg, I'll think about how to better phrase that. As for 7, that's right. There was some scheduling anomaly, so we cant open earlier.

Quote from: foester on May 03, 2013, 08:07:00 PM
Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 02, 2013, 08:14:58 PM

The FAQ still says only pre and early can pick up on Thursday, so I think something's mismarked here... though I'm surprised as much as you are if you can only start picking up your badge at 7pm...
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

mryekcim

Can group badges be picked up on Thursday as well?

SOawesomeness

Quote from: mryekcim on May 06, 2013, 11:57:44 PM
Can group badges be picked up on Thursday as well?
Any and all online-purchased memberships are welcome to be picked up on Thursday. However, with the really late hours this year, it might be a really long wait depending on how many people show up to pick up their badge then.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

mryekcim

Will there be a sperate line for group reg or is it the same line as the rest of the pre reg.